Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pdx -> NRT diverted to ANC, help with what's next.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SM, CX GREEN

Aircraft diverted for medical emergency. No updates yet on if the flight will continue today. Assuming most passengers have connections they may miss.

Would Delta rebook me on another non partner airline that gets in 12 or 5 hours earlier? What else to expect in this situation?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I suspect your flight will continue ASAP depending on crew rest considerations, which might mean a 13 hour stop in ANC. You'll know sooner than the rest of us.

I think it would be difficult to get other airline accommodations unless you purchase them. And then your connections would be lost for missing the onward DL flight.

Good luck. Hope the sick pax does OK.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Any options for Delta to book an earlier outbound connection on different airline from NRT instead of having to spend the day in airport waiting for the 1 DL evening flight?

Also to update, passenger was conscious and just taken off in wheelchair.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Hope this is a good sign
http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=567037971&airlineCode=D L&flightNumber=623

5pm depart, on time arrival, we were pretty near ANC when diverting
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:25 pm
Suspended

It looks like they have you scheduled to take off for NRT in about an hour. Good luck!

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...021Z/KPDX/PANC
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
as aforementioned, it will just all depend on crew time out issues and, I think, on fuel needs. I was on a DTW--PVG flight last year which diverted to ANC. We were 7-8 hours into the flight and well past ANC but the Capt wanted to land on US soil so we flew back to ANC, three hours or so behind us. DL could not have handled any better. when we arrived ANC, DL
1) deplaned the injured pax
2) Immediately deplaned the rest of us
3) there were buses waiting to take us to our Downtown Hotel
4) had a buffet dinner waiting for us
5) had buffet breakfast the next morning then
6) buses back to the airport we resumed the trip. the plane was serviced overnight and the trip continued. Crew was GREAT about communicating both before the emergency landing and while we were on the ground. The only "hiccup" was in checking us in the next morning. we had to stand in line again and get new boarding passes but it wasn't too too bad. Sorry about the delay but I always try to think of what I'd want if the injured pax was a loved one of my family. Hopefully others share that hope and things remain calm. Good luck!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:53 pm
Formerly known as jbalis

Programs: Delta Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Executive, MGM Noir,
i am going to guess from a IROP i had getting into NRT 5 hours late. If you are in F yes they will book you on another airline, if not enjoy your stay at the Northwest Radisson. You will get a shuttle to the hotel as well as meal vouchers.
sorry
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: delta dm
denali is only a 4 hour drive and anchorage has some great seafood.. make it a long weekend in alaska
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:07 pm
Suspended

If you do get stuck in ANC, head over to BOB W's place; they're having a BBQ right now. Just a short drive from the airport.

Originally Posted by BOB W
Another impromptu assault on the Wall of Wine™ will take place Friday, July 3, 2015. Starts around 5 and goes until..... There will be BBQ, salad and much more.

Everyone is welcome!!!!

Sorry for the short notice.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...read-115.html#

Last edited by Doc Savage; Jul 3, 2015 at 8:12 pm
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Looks like OP took off at 6:06 pm en route to NRT.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...045Z/PANC/RJAA
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
OP is going to miss the fireworks show in ANC. They seem to shoot them off early.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Looks like OP took off at 6:06 pm en route to NRT.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...045Z/PANC/RJAA
But that scheduled arrival time does not look good.

If the OP is connecting to BKK/SIN/TPE/MNL, he would miss. Not impossible though that DL would hold the connecting flight. They arrive in the final destination too late for other pax to connect anyway, and all have plenty of time to turn. So might be cheaper holding one or more of these than putting a dozen up in hotel rooms (or paying to push the tickets). And it is also possible they could make up most of the lost time given the length of the flights.

Good luck to the OP.

And Vegas, you need your knuckles smacked with a ruler for calling DL One "F". That confusion is DL's game :-)
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by exwannabe

Good luck to the OP.

And Vegas, you need your knuckles smacked with a ruler for calling DL One "F". That confusion is DL's game :-)

Good luck to the OP! ^
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:38 pm
Suspended

2-1/2 hours + late, I'd say there will be many missed connections. Hopefully a few later flights to those destinations so some people can be re-accommodated.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:41 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by kettle1
OP is going to miss the fireworks show in ANC. They seem to shoot them off early.
No fireworks show in ANC tonight. Cancelled due to the fire dangers in Alaska and the recent devastating fires.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.