Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New VDB Policies

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:43 pm

vdb using points

If I used delta points to get a ticket, if I vdb'd, do I have the same rights as someone who paid cash?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:58 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by where1234
If I used delta points to get a ticket, if I vdb'd, do I have the same rights as someone who paid cash?
Yes. 100% exactly the same.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:10 pm

Thank you for your quick response.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Thank you for your quick response.
That wasn't quick! That was 15 minutes!

Just another data point for you . . . .

A few years back, I was flying AMS to DTW, I think it was. I knew the flight was sold out (summer time). When I checked in at the AMS SkyPriority counter - or whatever it was called at the time - I inquired as to whether or not the flight was overbooked. The TA said . . . Oh, DTW flights in the summer are ALWAYS overbooked! So, she took a look at my reservation, and saw that I was on a free ticket (DL miles - not sure if they can tell what form of payment). She said she had to call a supervisor to see if this kind of ticket was indeed eligible for VDB! A few minutes later, confirmation that my ticket was the same as a paid cash ticket, and she processed the VDB at the TICKET COUNTER!! The service was TRULY fantastic!
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by discountsae
Is Delta still offering gift cards for bumps? If so is it still limited to certain airports? I am especially curious about DTW.
If they are, it's still only some airports. I don't know about DTW, but at DFW a couple of weeks ago I got a Delta-dollar voucher.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
For VDB, nobody has any rights: you get what you negotiate. I've never heard them differentiate their offers, either.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davetravels
A few years back, I was flying AMS to DTW, I think it was. I knew the flight was sold out (summer time). When I checked in at the AMS SkyPriority counter - or whatever it was called at the time - I inquired as to whether or not the flight was overbooked. The TA said . . . Oh, DTW flights in the summer are ALWAYS overbooked! So, she took a look at my reservation, and saw that I was on a free ticket (DL miles - not sure if they can tell what form of payment). She said she had to call a supervisor to see if this kind of ticket was indeed eligible for VDB! A few minutes later, confirmation that my ticket was the same as a paid cash ticket, and she processed the VDB at the TICKET COUNTER!! The service was TRULY fantastic!
How much did you get?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
How much did you get?
To be honest, I don't remember.

It was a few years ago, so, I'm not really sure it would be applicable today.

The amazing thing was, that, she made a couple of phone calls and did the whole thing right at the ticket / check-in counter! Being a shopaholic, I ALWAYS have checked bags returning home to the USA, and, at AMS, if you get to the gate and volunteer for a VDB once your bags are checked, you get the standard KLM response of . . . .

I'm sorry, sir, but that is NOT POSSIBLE!!!

I know many here are familiar with this standard KLM line!
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by davetravels
To be honest, I don't remember.

It was a few years ago, so, I'm not really sure it would be applicable today.

The amazing thing was, that, she made a couple of phone calls and did the whole thing right at the ticket / check-in counter! Being a shopaholic, I ALWAYS have checked bags returning home to the USA, and, at AMS, if you get to the gate and volunteer for a VDB once your bags are checked, you get the standard KLM response of . . . .

I'm sorry, sir, but that is NOT POSSIBLE!!!

I know many here are familiar with this standard KLM line!
I've gotten that without bags. Not possible and "mind your step" are what I seem to remember most about AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.