Asiana vs. Korean Air

Old Jul 2, 15, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA PP
Asiana vs. Korean Air

I have to make a connection through ICN and have to pick which carrier I'll be flying on. Trying to determine which airline is better in terms of seat comfort and service. I'm a DL DM, if that helps me upgrade on Korean, but I don't think it does.

Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 15, 10:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Routes? Dates? Aircraft? Class of service?
Old Jul 2, 15, 10:19 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Entirely depends on the equipment flown and class of service.
Old Jul 2, 15, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA PP
Sorry about that. In economy, ICN-CEB, Asiana 767 vs. Korean A330
Old Jul 2, 15, 10:31 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Short flight in coach... differences are negligible. Pick whatever is convenient.

Actually, since you are DM, pick KE for lounge access in ICN.
Old Jul 2, 15, 10:51 am

Programs: DL
Just a side note, Koreans seem to keep their planes, trains, and automobiles hot by American (DL) standards, so dress accordingly or pick a plane with overhead vents.
Old Jul 3, 15, 2:16 am

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE
Asiana vs. Korean Air

As a DM, I'd personally stick with KE. I flew them about 2 months ago (economy) from NRT-ICN-HKG, but because of status did get an op up NRT-ICN on the 773. I was not upset.

The lounge is quite frankly wonderful. That alone would make me stay in SkyTeam. Inflight service was excellent. I have not flown Asiana, just voting off of real and possible perks for you.

Also, agree on temps on at least KE. was a bit warm and no vents overhead.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: