Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by runningformqm
hoping dl isnt phasing out the pasta/hot protein offerings.
I hope they regularly update and change the food.
Old May 9, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I hope they regularly update and change the food.
definitely agree! though im not sure i can ever tire of mac and cheese (but probably best for my health if it were phased out)
Old May 13, 2019, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by runningformqm
definitely agree! though im not sure i can ever tire of mac and cheese (but probably best for my health if it were phased out)
As of last week Mac and cheese was still available at MCO and ATL, my Cardiologist would probably approve of it being phased out completely but I would prefer that it stuck around.
Old May 13, 2019, 8:24 am

I haven't flown out of ATL in a while. Have the roasted vegetables that were around last summer appeared at any of the ATL Sky Clubs recently?
Old May 13, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Is it always meatballs in DTW? I go to low/high A and they always have the same menu. I must have read that in the center A they have other options. So went in there the first time the other day to battle the crowd... and the food option... meatballs... I mean sauce was on the side so technically different, but still meatballs. Do I have bad luck or is it always meatballs in DTW?
Old May 13, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by defrosted
Is it always meatballs in DTW? I go to low/high A and they always have the same menu. I must have read that in the center A they have other options. So went in there the first time the other day to battle the crowd... and the food option... meatballs... I mean sauce was on the side so technically different, but still meatballs. Do I have bad luck or is it always meatballs in DTW?
My last few through DTW (also low/high) were same - meatballs. Sometimes already in marinara, sometimes w/ the sweet & sour or bbq sauces.

MKE had a Deltified version of chicken cacciatore which while weren't original/typical recipe was ok. (Had green olives).

Currently at MSP F (which is way crowded) but have some real food tonight - ham, scalloped potatoes, and carrots as the 'main' stuff today.

Last edited by TommyD2; May 13, 2019 at 6:27 pm Reason: kant spel
Old May 17, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: DL - PM
The SLC club had some improvements in food when I stopped in there last night. They had turkey club sandwiches, and instead of their typical one vegan soup + mac and cheese, they actually had three soups available. One of them was a clam chowder that I thought was just as good as what's served at the SEA club. Even the chocolate chip cookies were improved; they had less of a mass-produced taste and texture to them.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
This is a first. All the Dtw clubs are out of vodka. Wanted a Bloody Mary before my flight and was told they were waiting to get vodka at another club. Flight is out of a7 so walked to south club and was told they wouldn’t have vodka until their order comes in this afternoon. Seems like that’s something they should alway S have a supply of.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:44 am

T2 @ LAX was pretty good today. Wondering if they have a new partnership with Wolfgang Puck? Options were Wolfgang Puck Baked Potato soup and a "Make Your Own Chinois Chicken Salad" (famous from Chinois restaurant). Other options were a "Truffle Club Sandwich" which had turkey, some soggy bacon and a great truffle aioli on it. The usual asian "broth" with toppings was also there.

Everything was fresh and great, except the dressing for the salad. Tasted like a bad bottled Italian dressing instead of a miso/sesame type dressing that should go on that salad. On the plus side, the chicken for the salad was this really great real chicken with some great seasoning on it.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Last edited by USCTrojan83; May 25, 2019 at 2:45 am Reason: forgot word
Old Jun 6, 2019, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The Millenials are Coming! The Millenials are Coming!

Sky Club "Toast Bar" includes avocado spread! I added some radish (mistakenly thinking it was onion) as well - not bad.

Not sure about the zucchini at breakfast though ...
TommyD2, krazykanuck and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger

(Millennial rolling his eyes here)
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
All joking aside it is a menu which appeals to a much younger generation, which is not a bad thing. The wife and I saw the "Toast Bar" and my wife said we are now officially old people as she never in her life would mix the word bar and toast in the same sentence, but you know what, it was tasty if not exactly what we are used to.

A few days later we were both at Cheesecake Factory and saw Avocado Toast, so it is becoming mainstream.

I will openly admit Millennials as a group do not make much sense to me, but my parents say that about my generation and I am sure that the Millennials will say that about the generation after them.
jdrtravel and strickerj like this.

Last edited by kmersh; Jun 7, 2019 at 6:21 am
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
I had some kind of Mediterranean Chicken Salad in the ATL F Skyclub the other day, not sure if it is new or what, but it was delicious.

Also at the avocado toast bar. I honestly for a long while thought that avocado toast thing was some kind of joke.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It's (references to avocado toast) a joke in our family started by my 20 y/o cousin.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Avocado toast is all over the place these days. Lots of restaurants have added it to the breakfast menu we frequent.

Personally I hate avocado (texture issue for me).

Was in the AA club at DFW today (courtesy of my boss) and they had fresh guacamole to order in the afternoon. Looked good and had a long line. Other offerings were meh.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.