Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
I was at the PHX SC about a month ago. They had meatless enchiladas. Seriously, some of the best enchiladas I’ve ever had.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by jaimemayo
I was at the PHX SC about a month ago. They had meatless enchiladas. Seriously, some of the best enchiladas I’ve ever had.
Hopefully full of nice melted cheese.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Hopefully full of nice melted cheese.
They are. Those are the poblano and cheese enchiladas and they are excellent.
The PHX food choices are among the best of all Sky Clubs
Mostly regional inspired cuisine and usually several options among meat and vegetarian dishes.
jaimemayo and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
DCA Skyclub on Saturday had some good eggs/root veggies/quinoa/hash (with lots of toppings) for making breakfast bowls. Also had some nice yogurt and pear dishes as well as a ricotta and raspberry dish. Nice upgrade from what I'm used to in ATL!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: communist, liberal and love Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
Nicely surprised in SLC SC last Sunday eve. I didn't make it to the food counter but an agent had a satellite rolling cart offering ham & cheese on brioche mini sandos to all. She even took a moment to inform each person what the special item was. Nice touch!
AeRoSpaceman and hi55us like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Monoboy
Nicely surprised in SLC SC last Sunday eve. I didn't make it to the food counter but an agent had a satellite rolling cart offering ham & cheese on brioche mini sandos to all. She even took a moment to inform each person what the special item was. Nice touch!

This has been happening with some frequency at many clubs recently. In SEA in the morning they were passing out coffee & coffee cakes. A few months ago at LAX it was sparkling wine and cheese cake in the afternoon.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
I’ve enjoyed the food at MSP F/G SC. Sure, it can be a bit repetitive but the flavors are good and the chicken isn’t over cooked. Today the Soba noodles were quite spicy which, while I am Minnesotan, I loved. The staff is always helpful, friendly, and working hard. Yeah, it’s not “The Ritz”, but I don’t expect that for a US lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by In2ishn
Yeah, it’s not “The Ritz”, but I don’t expect that for a US lounge.
OK but it's one of the worst lounges at a Delta hub in the Sky Club system. I'm glad they are redoing it but it should have happened a long time ago. It has nowhere near the capacity for the size of the hub, the bathrooms are disgusting, it lacks showers, the HVAC can't keep up and the decor is austere and not relaxing.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by In2ishn
I’ve enjoyed the food at MSP F/G SC. Sure, it can be a bit repetitive but the flavors are good and the chicken isn’t over cooked. Today the Soba noodles were quite spicy which, while I am Minnesotan, I loved. The staff is always helpful, friendly, and working hard. Yeah, it’s not “The Ritz”, but I don’t expect that for a US lounge.
I'd agree. I've always liked the food and local beer selection. Not the greatest ambiance in the lounge, and the negatives everyone piles on it are typically true...but I've enjoyed the buffet when I've been there.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
The food option today was really good. Jerk Chicken, Caribbean rice and veggies.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Plat, Lifetime Skyclub
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
OK but it's one of the worst lounges at a Delta hub in the Sky Club system. I'm glad they are redoing it but it should have happened a long time ago. It has nowhere near the capacity for the size of the hub, the bathrooms are disgusting, it lacks showers, the HVAC can't keep up and the decor is austere and not relaxing.
Wait - didn't they just redo this lounge a few years ago and "fix" the buffet area then?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by travelhive
Wait - didn't they just redo this lounge a few years ago and "fix" the buffet area then?

They only updated the food service area (which was badly needed). They did not touch the rest of the lounge. They did new furniture/carpeting right after the merger but that has not held up well over the past decade. Restrooms have not been touched since it was a NWA World Club and there are still no showers. Biggest issues with the club is the size, which no amount of remodeling can fix. It's just not right sized given that it is a major DL hub (this, or they need a third one, but they seem to have decided to build an expanded version of this club, coming next year). They need to at least double the capacity, and I also hope they upgrade the food service to the level of SEA A or SFO, which more options and also real dishes.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
They only updated the food service area (which was badly needed). They did not touch the rest of the lounge. They did new furniture/carpeting right after the merger but that has not held up well over the past decade. Restrooms have not been touched since it was a NWA World Club and there are still no showers. Biggest issues with the club is the size, which no amount of remodeling can fix. It's just not right sized given that it is a major DL hub (this, or they need a third one, but they seem to have decided to build an expanded version of this club, coming next year). They need to at least double the capacity, and I also hope they upgrade the food service to the level of SEA A or SFO, which more options and also real dishes.
MSP is getting a new (and I believe larger) SkyClub next year off the G gates in addition to the current clubs. The C concourse SkyClub is also getting remodeled. So Delta is investing heavily in its SkyClubs at MSP.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pip Carlson
MSP is getting a new (and I believe larger) SkyClub next year off the G gates in addition to the current clubs. The C concourse SkyClub is also getting remodeled. So Delta is investing heavily in its SkyClubs at MSP.
and to add to this, they are expanding the F/G club and building new bathrooms.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Decent spread at the LAX T2 lounge at lunch time today. Stuff to make chicken or beef soft tacos, a fruit and cheese board, chicken tortilla soup, the make your own Asian soup/ broth thing, as well as the normal veggies.

I also like how they have a self serve bar, but the keg on the Delta IPA was empty and the new keg was room temperature so the staff said sorry we're not going to tap it for a couple hours until it gets cold.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Apr 23, 2019 at 2:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.