Sky Club Food Getting Better

Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I haven’t been in a SkyClub since December, but I’m enjoying a beef teriyaki, with fried rice and Asian veggies in the MSP F/G SkyClub. Is this new, or have I just been missing out?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 1:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I haven’t been in a SkyClub since December, but I’m enjoying a beef teriyaki, with fried rice and Asian veggies in the MSP F/G SkyClub. Is this new, or have I just been missing out?
That would be new for me too, sounds really good though!
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:11 pm

Slim pickings ar ORD today. Lounge is packed and a total mess.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Tried it yesterday in MSP F club. The flavor of the sauce was good but some of pieces of meat were like shoe leather (could barely get a fork to puncture some pieces).

Maybe in the warming tray too long.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TommyD2
...The flavor of the sauce was good but some of pieces of meat were like shoe leather (could barely get a fork to puncture some pieces)....
My experience exactly last Tuesday about 8PM.
TommyD2 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by monitor
My experience exactly last Tuesday about 8PM.
And when was the last time you tried to puncture your leather shoes?
TommyD2 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TommyD2
Tried it yesterday in MSP F club. The flavor of the sauce was good but some of pieces of meat were like shoe leather (could barely get a fork to puncture some pieces).

Maybe in the warming tray too long.
Yeah, I had it very fresh at lunch, but there were one or two tough pieces. The flavor of the sauce was excellent.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And when was the last time you tried to puncture your leather shoes?
Actually I have never needed to puncture my shoes but there was a tough leather belt that needed another hole (I will not explain the reason!) and puncturing that was IMO the equivalent of puncturing shoe leather.

Ergo, I misspoke and my experience was not exactly like that of TommyD2, but very , very similar. If that stuff were served to me in a restaurant, it would go right back to the kitchen.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
The problem with Delta, unlike its domestic competitors AA and UA and most foreign carriers, is it has no business-class lounges much less any first-class ones. Everyone flying Delta with SKyclub access can get in. So the food and beverages are going to be inferior to what AA and UA offer to international passengers in premium cabins and their top elites and alliance top elites..It is ridiculous that for those flying first class on Korean Air out of ATL for example, the best Delta can offer is the F Skyclub.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Most likely this is that soup... https://www.campbellsfoodservice.com...h-blue-cheese/
I have not seen it before either but all of their other soups come from the same line.

You are correct, judging by the pic and the ingredients, that is the soup.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by salsa
The problem with Delta, unlike its domestic competitors AA and UA and most foreign carriers, is it has no business-class lounges much less any first-class ones. Everyone flying Delta with SKyclub access can get in. So the food and beverages are going to be inferior to what AA and UA offer to international passengers in premium cabins and their top elites and alliance top elites..It is ridiculous that for those flying first class on Korean Air out of ATL for example, the best Delta can offer is the F Skyclub.
its an issue more broadly with skyteam, overall their lounges are worse than star alliance and oneworld. kal j lounges are worse than domestic aa lounges and their f lounges are worse than dl lounges...kal f experience at atl is far better than what u would get in icn (sadly)
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:44 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by salsa
I take your point, but KE F is probably not the best example point. The ATL F SkyClub is actually one of the nicer lounges that KE F customers have access to...
Old Mar 29, 2019, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
I know they are far from F lounges but the domestic SC offerings are fairly good and quite consistent. I just can’t get worked up about their failings. Perhaps my experience is biased as the MSP F/G club, while a bit boring, is quite palatable. The staff is outstanding!
puck021 and manacit like this.

Last edited by In2ishn; Mar 29, 2019 at 10:44 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A new one for me. "Mexican Dip" in the ATL B SC this week. It was spicy rice with chicken and cheese. Really good, but if they're going to call it Mexican Dip, where are the tortilla chips?

Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA
Originally Posted by runningformqm

its an issue more broadly with skyteam, overall their lounges are worse than star alliance and oneworld. kal j lounges are worse than domestic aa lounges and their f lounges are worse than dl lounges...kal f experience at atl is far better than what u would get in icn (sadly)
Maybe I'm confused here, but last week I spent two long layovers in the KAL Prestige lounge in ICN, and it was very nice. Is this the same KAL ICN lounge you are talking about?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.