Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Also, many brands of oatmeal are not 100% gluten free either by design or by cross-contamination in manufacture. So in addition to being a lousy source of protein compared to meat or eggs, it may result in an extra trip to the lavatory in-flight if you are sensitive (keeping this on-topic).

Protein like meat or egg whites is different than a "source of protein" which requires simultaneous consumption of carbohydrates that you do not want or need, especially if you are about to plant yourself in an airplane seat for hours.

There are no essential carbohydrates like there are essential amino acids and fatty acids, either.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I don't eat meat anymore, and don't agree that one does not need carbs. If anyone is curious, here is the website of the nutritionist that I worked with that I found really helpful. No judgement on others, just offering the resource.

https://sidgarzahillman.com/
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This is getting off topic, but that is hardly something that experts agree on. Many people would suggest that the sugar one eats in a candy bar is fully different from the sugar one eats in an apple.
Experts will never agree. The experts who argued for low-fat diets and blessed bagels and Snack Wells low fat cookies in 1990 were focused on preventing heart disease. Less than 10 years later experts were recommending that we swallow whole capsules of fat (fish oil) to prevent heart disease.

Just do what works for you, your body fat composition, and your energy levels.
horseymike likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Most SkyClub breakfasts are perfectly fine given their purpose but I usually do my best to avoid eating them since it's not too different from the fare in the executive lounges many of us frequent and that spread gets really tiring really quickly.

But if I missed my workout the day before and am feeling guilty, every Sky Club breakfast I've seen has boiled eggs so I grab like 4, pop the yolks out, throw on some pepper and I've got lean protein.
dmarge18 and FlyBitcoin like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:30 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
This is getting off topic, but that is hardly something that experts agree on. Many people would suggest that the sugar one eats in a candy bar is fully different from the sugar one eats in an apple.
Right, lots of people would suggest that, but they don't have any evidence to support that.
rogo likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
At the Newark club this morning.

Had bacon and eggs in addition to the usual fare. Also had a simple, plain spring mix with champagne vinegarette. Rather nice change for the morning.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
At the Newark club this morning.

Had bacon and eggs in addition to the usual fare. Also had a simple, plain spring mix with champagne vinegarette. Rather nice change for the morning.
One of my favorite clubs in the network. Check in people are friendly, decent amount of seating, good aircraft spotting and good food selection.
Now, if they could get rid of that silly "kinda sorta maybe ish" pre check lite in the Delta terminal
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond , Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
ATL today was pretty much standard fare with the exception of an unlabeled soup. I thought it was wicked thai at first due to color, but ended up being some sort of a buffalo chicken and potato soup. Very tasty! Maybe i've missed it but never seen a buffalo chicken soup before.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by mmoser2
ATL today was pretty much standard fare with the exception of an unlabeled soup. I thought it was wicked thai at first due to color, but ended up being some sort of a buffalo chicken and potato soup. Very tasty! Maybe i've missed it but never seen a buffalo chicken soup before.
Most likely this is that soup... https://www.campbellsfoodservice.com...h-blue-cheese/
I have not seen it before either but all of their other soups come from the same line.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: Delta PM
This might be posted in here, but last week I was the proud eater of the after 8pm pretzels and beer cheese in the MSP F/G club. They were so good!

I pretty much never fly this late, so this was a first time for me. I'm usually in the clubs for breakfast/lunch time.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by djmodifyd
This might be posted in here, but last week I was the proud eater of the after 8pm pretzels and beer cheese in the MSP F/G club. They were so good!

I pretty much never fly this late, so this was a first time for me. I'm usually in the clubs for breakfast/lunch time.
Never knew about this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Finally made it to the new SEA A club. It's really beautiful. The food was also great:

-Thai carrot soup and clam chowder
-Potato gnocchi (fantastic!)
- Sweet potato and black bean salad
- Quinoa veggie salad
-Chicken salad
- mini grilled turkey & cheese
-homemade rosemary potato chips. These were a huge problem for me and I may or may not have proceeded to dip them in a bowl of ranch.
-Beecher's cheese, fruits, olives, etc

Just loved the club. My only complaint is that I don't think that most of the new chairs are very comfortable at all. The back support is strange.

Did get a runway shot from the SC with Mt Rainier in the back. I messed around with the photo to remove some of the blue from the club windows and also just give it an interesting look.

Old Mar 1, 2019, 4:08 am

Was in the ATL F club last week and was appalled to find no radishes. Had to make do with carrot sticks and cookies (wasn't hungry for an actual meal).

Have radishes been enhanced away, or was I just unlucky? First time in a skyclub since May last year.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by sky303

Never knew about this.
they are AMAZING. Hot soft pretzels with garlic and salt...and beer cheese....oh yea
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Ambassador, WN CP
Would it kill them to provide some decent protein options other than basic grilled chicken?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.