Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

I do. Delta still sells connections through CVG and I select them whenever I can. It's a far more civilized experience than ATL.
The only issue is when things go wrong there just aren't enough flight options in and out of CVG for contingencies.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I do. Delta still sells connections through CVG and I select them whenever I can. It's a far more civilized experience than ATL.
Except for the CRJ2 I have to take to get there.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Well, it's easy to maintain the atmosphere when nobody uses the airport anymore.
So let me get this straight, nobody uses it and they still continue to run flights in & out of there along with a skyclub?

Ah, I get it .... hyperbole
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Silver
Although no longer a hub, CVG is one of the fastest growing O/D airports in the country...and DL still has about 50% of the departures.

It’s also dropped from the #2 most expensive airport to somewhere in the 50s. My only complaint these days is finding a damn parking spot LOL.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by zulu1128
Although no longer a hub, CVG is one of the fastest growing O/D airports in the country...and DL still has about 50% of the departures.

It’s also dropped from the #2 most expensive airport to somewhere in the 50s. My only complaint these days is finding a damn parking spot LOL.
Stop with all of your facts! Dang it, I come on FT for all of the ridiculous hyperbole entertainment; why must you ruin my fun ?!?!?
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pvn
maybe each hub needs a club for nitpicking germophobe curmudgeons. just concentrate all the miserable people in one basement and let everyone else keep on doing what they're doing.
Just don't tell them about the germs they'll encounter once on the actual plane
Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by OroroT
These treats in CVG sound great! My home club at SFO is really nice (excellent wine selection) but I have never seen any special food items beyond the usual stuff.
SFO has one of the better food selections, even though they don't change much.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:54 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The HNL club was packed to the gills yesterday around 4 pm; the LAX flight was delayed so that added to the MSP and ATL crowd. I liked the local Hawaiian touches like taro rolls, chili and white Calrose rice (local favorite), guava juice, and Hurricane Popcorn (Popcorn with Arare/Senbei and Furikake). A staffer was doing rounds with a coffee cart offering slices of various cakes and another staffer did a pass of Hawaiian Host chocolate-covered macadamia nuts. Nice job, Delta!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The HNL club was packed to the gills yesterday around 4 pm; the LAX flight was delayed so that added to the MSP and ATL crowd. I liked the local Hawaiian touches like taro rolls, chili and white Calrose rice (local favorite), guava juice, and Hurricane Popcorn (Popcorn with Arare/Senbei and Furikake). A staffer was doing rounds with a coffee cart offering slices of various cakes and another staffer did a pass of Hawaiian Host chocolate-covered macadamia nuts. Nice job, Delta!
Interesting. It's been a while since I've flown through HNL so I haven't seen the new club and was wondering what food options they had. Looking forward to seeing it next week. Sounds like I may not need as big a dinner before showing up.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:04 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I recall seeing in HNL:

Calrose Rice
Chili (like Zippy's)
Tortellini
Creamy Chicken Rice Soup
Veggies
Breads
Maui-Style Chips
Hurricane Popcorn
Cookies

I think there was another entree as well.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Fresh Ground Peanut Butter cart at the ATL A17 SC this morning. I passed but was intrigued.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CMK10
Fresh Ground Peanut Butter cart at the ATL A17 SC this morning. I passed but was intrigued.
I've seen that machine in E, and it's also been reported in T. Wonder if they have multiples or just move it around.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10

That's been in T for a while and I love it. Big selling point for that club.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:02 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dmarge18
That's been in T for a while and I love it. Big selling point for that club.
But what do you eat it on / with? It reminds me of how the clubs used to have those little single serving packets of Nutella, which it was never very clear what they were meant to be used with (my opinion at that time was that they went on the Biscoff cookies, but those aren’t in the clubs any more either).
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Ice cream freezer at PBI yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.