Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by OroroT
In the ATL E club a few days ago. The buffet was decimated by a standing room only crowd and kid campsites everywhere. Got food outside

Sounds like typical FT hyperbole; exactly how many of these "camp sites" did you witness? 1? No pics of the 2nd, 3rd 4th or 5th? I find it hard to believe that someone would claim multiple campsites without pics ...

How did the SC mgmt react when you reported all of these egregious violations?

Also, help me out here, you say the buffet was "decimated" ... does that mean it was slightly busy, there was a line, it didn't have the particular food you were looking for, or was buried in rubble after a thermonuclear device being detonated?

just curious.
silverthief2, jdrtravel and marcdc like this.

Last edited by Loadmaster; Dec 30, 2018 at 11:46 pm
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
We need a petition for Delta to start counting kids as a guest. Two guests should be the max allowed. They eat the same amount of food as anyone else and from I've seen much of it is wasted. And kids certainly shouldn't be allowed up to the food line without a parent present. Kids tend to be germ magnets and they are good at spreading them around. Each hub needs to have a family designated club where they can all get together with their iPads at full volume with no headphones and parents can brag that their 33 month old is already in advanced thermonuclear physics.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
We need a petition for Delta to start counting kids as a guest. Two guests should be the max allowed. They eat the same amount of food as anyone else and from I've seen much of it is wasted. And kids certainly shouldn't be allowed up to the food line without a parent present. Kids tend to be germ magnets and they are good at spreading them around. Each hub needs to have a family designated club where they can all get together with their iPads at full volume with no headphones and parents can brag that their 33 month old is already in advanced thermonuclear physics.
While we're at it, let's petition DL to scan every SC member upon entry for any bacteria/viruses/fungi/protozoa; if found, they'll be banned until they return with a Dr note and then reexamined.

As for the waste of food, I propose a flight of A10 Warthogs circle all SCs in the event that a coaster-sized plate is discarded with anything more than a singular cheese-cube aboard .... Blam! Let those 30mm cannons loose!!!
readywhenyouare and marcdc like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Loadmaster
While we're at it, let's petition DL to scan every SC member upon entry for any bacteria/viruses/fungi/protozoa; if found, they'll be banned until they return with a Dr note and then reexamined.

As for the waste of food, I propose a flight of A10 Warthogs circle all SCs in the event that a coaster-sized plate is discarded with anything more than a singular cheese-cube aboard .... Blam! Let those 30mm cannons loose!!!
I like the way you think. 🙂
Loadmaster likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:09 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
maybe each hub needs a club for nitpicking germophobe curmudgeons. just concentrate all the miserable people in one basement and let everyone else keep on doing what they're doing.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA
Sounds like typical FT hyperbole; exactly how many of these "camp sites" did you witness? 1? No pics of the 2nd, 3rd 4th or 5th? I find it hard to believe that someone would claim multiple campsites without pics ...

How did the SC mgmt react when you reported all of these egregious violations?

Also, help me out here, you say the buffet was "decimated" ... does that mean it was slightly busy, there was a line, it didn't have the particular food you were looking for, or was buried in rubble after a thermonuclear device being detonated?

just curious.
To explain my typical FT hyperbole, on our SFO-MAD trip, my wife and I stopped into the E club with about an hour of time, hoping to relax, get a snack and a coffee or drink. As you can clearly discern in the photo, it was very crowded at about 4 PM on Dec 18th. We were unable to find two seats together. While looking for a place to sit, I saw at least two other locations where families had spread out blankets on the floors for the kiddies. The understaffed bar was too crowded to get a drink in a reasonable amount of time (I needed something stronger than coffee at this point). We decided to leave - sorry, being short of time, I did not circulate around snapping photos of the other kiddie camps, nor did I complain to the staff, who were busy helping folks at the front. We headed to the SC in F, stopping to grab a couple snacks on the way. The F club was significantly less crowded, and the rep asked why we came there when our flight was leaving from Terminal E. I mentioned the crowds in E and she laughed, saying it was typical for the time of day/year. FYI, I defined "decimated" as the state of a buffet when the SC is over-crowded, unsupervised kids combing through it, empty bowls etc. and combined with insufficient staff to keep up with the demand - so rather akin to your post-thermalnuclear-war analogy. Everyone is different, this scenario would not seem to bother you in the least. We don't have kids and therefore are probably less used to this. My feeling is that the SC club should offer an experience at least somewhat better than waiting at the gate, considering some sort of monetary compensation is ultimately required to enter.

And actually, I'll take the germ-ridden, snot-nosed kids any day over the blow-hard business guys pacing back and forth, bellowing into their cell phones so the whole SC can hear their inane conversations (disclosure, this latter statement to keep pvn happy)
pvn, IndyHoosier and Loadmaster like this.

Last edited by OroroT; Dec 31, 2018 at 8:29 am
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by WWads
SkyClub was actually packed today. CVG often has decent food offerings.
CVG has been making an effort to dial up the food quality over the past several months. Some days they have a cheese coney bar at lunchtime, which is pretty cool.

Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott and Avis
Originally Posted by zulu1128

CVG has been making an effort to dial up the food quality over the past several months. Some days they have a cheese coney bar at lunchtime, which is pretty cool.

I agree....CVG also has Ice Cream and a variety of other fun items daily...
Loadmaster likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Chris92009
These treats in CVG sound great! My home club at SFO is really nice (excellent wine selection) but I have never seen any special food items beyond the usual stuff.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by OroroT
Everyone is different, this scenario would not seem to bother you in the least. We don't have kids and therefore are probably less used to this. My feeling is that the SC club should offer an experience at least somewhat better than waiting at the gate, considering some sort of monetary compensation is ultimately required to enter.

And actually, I'll take the germ-ridden, snot-nosed kids any day over the blow-hard business guys pacing back and forth, bellowing into their cell phones so the whole SC can hear their inane conversations (disclosure, this latter statement to keep pvn happy)
True, I don't have kids either, maybe just more accustomed to busy airports and clubs around the holidays I suppose; you win some, you lose some.

The pacing blow-hards are pure entertainment for me (I'm easily amused), it gets especially entertaining when there are two in close proximity to one another and they are having a hard time hearing the person on their phone due to the volume of the other blow-hard; the evil looks to one another, the exaggerated body movements, etc make me giggle a little
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Chris92009
I had heard tale of the icecream freezer at CVG, thought my coworker was pulling my leg; on a trip earlier this year I remembered to go look for it.

Low and behold, off on the far right wall, there it was in all of its glory! I didn't care in the least if I got some odd looks for eating an icecream sammich at 8:30 in the morning!
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:12 am
Suspended

I had heard tale of the icecream freezer at CVG, thought my coworker was pulling my leg; on a trip earlier this year I remembered to go look for it.

Low and behold, off on the far right wall, there it was in all of its glory! I didn't care in the least if I got some odd looks for eating an icecream sammich at 8:30 in the morning!
Yes CVG is an excellent club. They have outstanding staff and the club still resembles a business-like atmosphere.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver

PBI has that as well. Nice touch.
Loadmaster likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Yes CVG is an excellent club. They have outstanding staff and the club still resembles a business-like atmosphere.
Well, it's easy to maintain the atmosphere when nobody uses the airport anymore.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Well, it's easy to maintain the atmosphere when nobody uses the airport anymore.
I do. Delta still sells connections through CVG and I select them whenever I can. It's a far more civilized experience than ATL.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.