Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by MarkP24
The UA Polaris lounges are truly very impressive!! It would be awesome if Delta were to offer a product to compete with them.
Same is true of the AA Flagship lounges - they're fantastic. As a D1 passenger I do hope that one day Delta follows suit on this trend of premium-only lounge access. As it is, when I was in MSP I went to the Amex Escape Lounge instead of the Skyclub.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

An attended Nathan's hot dog cart at the LGA D club last Thursday. Though it wasn't out for that long, we returned to the lounge after our flight delay posted around 5-5:15pm and it was packed up. They had ketchup, relish, and brown mustard. The line ebbed and flowed, but usually had 3-4 people waiting for it.

Taco bar at BNA on Sunday, but we had stuffed ourselves all weekend including at a Sunday buffet brunch right beforehand, so I was nauseous just looking at it!

And yes, still waiting for a real Delta One lounge!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by bergamini
The kind with the "real" shredded cheese in it? I miss that!
It was. I believe they use "Palmetto Cheese" brand.

Edit: Supplier to brand
bergamini likes this.

Last edited by DCFinanceinFlight; Dec 18, 2018 at 2:56 pm
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
CVG SC currently has sliced turkey and gravy, mac and cheese, and grilled chicken. Along with all the standard options. Very impressed.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by WWads
CVG SC currently has sliced turkey and gravy, mac and cheese, and grilled chicken. Along with all the standard options. Very impressed.
I wonder if these are leftovers from Thanksgiving since like nobody flies through CVG anymore.
SJC ORD LDR and krazykanuck like this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I wonder if these are leftovers from Thanksgiving since like nobody flies through CVG anymore.
SkyClub was actually packed today. CVG often has decent food offerings.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
In Boston today, my wife told me that there was lint in the SkyClub. I thought that was unusual because A) BOS SkyClubs are generally immaculate and B) I couldn't believe she would notice something like lint.

Fortunately, I found big bowls of these.

Mike
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: DL Plat
what time does dl stop serving hot food in the atl clubs? landing at 9:30pm and was hoping to get dinner at a skyclub. was likely going to go to the one in F
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by WWads
SkyClub was actually packed today. CVG often has decent food offerings.
I thought it was obvious I was joking.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
ATL B has decent lunch today, including a baked cavatappi with cheese and meatballs that I haven’t seen before. A nice break from the Mac and Cheese that is ubiquitous.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA
In the ATL E club a few days ago. The buffet was decimated by a standing room only crowd and kid campsites everywhere. Got food outside

strickerj likes this.

Last edited by OroroT; Dec 30, 2018 at 5:13 pm
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OroroT
In the ATL E club a few days ago. The buffet was decimated by a standing room only crowd and kid campsites everywhere. Got food outside

That is really gross. Parents today have no shame. Delta needs to throw them out.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

That is really gross. Parents today have no shame. Delta needs to throw them out.
real klassy of mom to be barefoot too :/
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I agree that bare feet and toys everywhere is not cool. It's also not cool to post pictures of someone else's kid on the internet.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I agree that bare feet and toys everywhere is not cool. It's also not cool to post pictures of someone else's kid on the internet.
As the OP, I agree and edited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.