Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2017, 8:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sethb
MSP F Sky Club now has the same assortment of "build-your-own" that I first saw at SFO.
I like when the have the herb couscous. The last time I was at DTW they had what looked like little rubbery pearls as the base. I'm not sure what it was but it didn't have any flavor.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
MSP F Sky Club now has the same assortment of "build-your-own" that I first saw at SFO.
I saw that at the MIA club last week, though it seemed half hearted at best. Offered a base of white rice, and the only protein was sliced up grilled chicken.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 2:06 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I saw that at the MIA club last week, though it seemed half hearted at best. Offered a base of white rice, and the only protein was sliced up grilled chicken.
saw that at MIA yesterday but there were a lot of things you could add beyond chicken like grilled corn, black beans, salsa, jalapeños etc.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Saw that at MIA yesterday but there were a lot of things you could add beyond chicken like grilled corn, black beans, salsa, jalapeños etc.
None of which is protein. The only proteins they have are chicken (at least it's grilled and not mayonnaise salad) and cheese.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
None of which is protein. The only proteins they have are chicken (at least it's grilled and not mayonnaise salad) and cheese.
Black beans aren't protein??
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yeah that's what I was kinda getting at. The SkyClubs I visit most of the time are B and F at ATL, so I suppose I've been getting somewhat spoiled and used to the better food spreads. Though now that I type that I realize that 2017 was probably the year I've visited the most different SCs in a single year.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by sky303
Black beans aren't protein??
15 gm protein to 41 gm carbs. That would be a "no".
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta
Not for us plant eaters. That's a main source of protein, along with seeds and nuts.
jdrtravel likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
-----

Last edited by sky303; Dec 29, 2017 at 8:09 pm Reason: superfluous post
Old Dec 29, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: Skyteam
How does it compare with the clam chowder in SFO?
Probably from the same soup mix.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Pretty decent ziti with marinara and meatballs at DTW last week. They had sweet and sour sauce and BBQ for the meatballs too. Made for a decent dinner.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold

Perhaps you are not aware, but the Sky Clubs have never, ever, advertised that they offer full meal service. Personally I think that offering both chicken and beans as protein options, along with the other items, is a fantastic upgrade. Please recall that it was not that long ago that all you could get was basically cheese, crackers, pretzels and cookies. Now they are offering fresh food items that one can easily make a meal out of. The Sky Club is not an international first class lounge, so please don't expect to be served a steak. You make customers look like entitled petulant children with your complaint about not having enough protein.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by CMK10

Pretty decent ziti with marinara and meatballs at DTW last week. They had sweet and sour sauce and BBQ for the meatballs too. Made for a decent dinner.
Have had the meatballs at DTW before, though with mac and cheese rather than ziti and also had the same sauces. One of my favorite SC "meals", would take that all day every day plus the cold foods and cheeses and I'd be perfectly happy.
DCAhome likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Perhaps you are not aware, but the Sky Clubs have never, ever, advertised that they offer full meal service. Personally I think that offering both chicken and beans as protein options, along with the other items, is a fantastic upgrade. Please recall that it was not that long ago that all you could get was basically cheese, crackers, pretzels and cookies. Now they are offering fresh food items that one can easily make a meal out of. The Sky Club is not an international first class lounge, so please don't expect to be served a steak. You make customers look like entitled petulant children with your complaint about not having enough protein.
Where did I complain about there not being enough protein? You quoted me pointing out that beans are primarily carbs, not protein. That's a fact.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
That's a fact.

lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.