Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Last time when I went they didn't allow me to bring something with me
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:16 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ashleybroke
Last time when I went they didn't allow me to bring something with me
That's a known policy. See:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/delta-sky-club/house-rules.html

under "Food and Beverages"

(and welcome to FT! )
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:01 am

I would worry about having to wait in line for a bowl of sky club pho.

I have been presented a glorious pho queue from Delta many, many times over the years.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
MKE Club

My hometown club seems to do things a bit differently than the major hubs.

They typically have the same 'regular' food as the other clubs (2 soups, salad, chix salad, pasta salad, etc.) but often add something different.

For example, in addition to the normal breakfast offerings, there is usually kringle (google it if you don't know) and often a muffin-sized sausage and fried egg (so you can make your own McMuffin). Afternoons have featured mini-brats, meatballs, and last week a taco bar which was cool.

I haven't seen this kind of variety at the other clubs I've been to lately.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by VibeGuy
I would worry about having to wait in line for a bowl of sky club pho.

I have been presented a glorious pho queue from Delta many, many times over the years.
^
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
My spouse was reading some of this thread over my shoulder and told me that we all need something real to complain about. I told her that it becomes real when it's the place you have 7-8 meals every week.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
As a refugee from AA, I've been pleasantly surprised by the SkyClub food, especially at lunch. I had a 2.5 hour layover in MSP over Labor Day weekend, and I was able to have a reasonably balanced meal (soup, a couple of kinds of salad, and a couple of cookies) that actually tasted good (albeit probably way high in sodium).
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Skyclub food is horrendous. Just because there are more options doesn't mean it's good. The chicken I've seen in Skyclubs is lower grade than fast food.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
It IS getting better

Okay--I am old, which means I remember when your choices were some pretzels and maybe some cheese. Maybe a cookie on a good day. Things are MUCH better now....soups, oatmeal, salads. Meatballs, macaroni....I give Delta big kudos for trying to improve things.

I understand if this is your meal 7-8 times a week--but we do have other choices. (Yay! Airport food!)

I guess I never expected Skyclubs to be offering full meals, but just a few bits.

I give SkyClubs high marks for the improvements they have made over the years. (Big fan of the Thai Chicken soup).
Old Jun 9, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by gretchendz
Okay--I am old, which means I remember when your choices were some pretzels and maybe some cheese. Maybe a cookie on a good day. Things are MUCH better now....soups, oatmeal, salads. Meatballs, macaroni....I give Delta big kudos for trying to improve things.

I understand if this is your meal 7-8 times a week--but we do have other choices. (Yay! Airport food!)

I guess I never expected Skyclubs to be offering full meals, but just a few bits.

I give SkyClubs high marks for the improvements they have made over the years. (Big fan of the Thai Chicken soup).
I love the Thai chicken soup (really good if you put in a drop or two of tabasco) but haven't seen it in a while. I used to buy it at Kroger but they discontinued it so the Skyclub is the only place I can find it at.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I love the Thai chicken soup (really good if you put in a drop or two of tabasco) but haven't seen it in a while. I used to buy it at Kroger but they discontinued it so the Skyclub is the only place I can find it at.
It is really good. BOS high A gate SC had it over Memorial Day holiday (but the low A SC didn't).
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
I will say though SkyTeam member lounges are really really nice. I fly to a lot of cities in Asia and ALL of them have better food than Sky Club. I hardly even eat baked goods in the US because everyone has this Costco-effect, super large but taste like crap. Especially those scones, you need a gallon of water to wash it down to prevent choking... All the Asia lounges have AWESOME baked goods. In addition to the usual salad, fruit, espresso:

1) China Airlines @ TPE has variety of bake goods, buttery but not sweet like the stuff in the US. Choices of 4 hot noodle (not cup noodles but real noodle prepared in front of you), including famous Taiwanese beef noodle. Super delicious!! They also have an array of dimsum including very good soup dumplings.

2) SkyTeam Lounge in HKG has 4 or 5 styles of food. Hongkong, Japanese, Chinese and western. Ton of tasty meats/fish and noodle, dimsum, fish balls, meat balls, on and on...

3) China Eastern's lounge in PVG T1: Shanghai style noodle with 5 or 6 topping of your choice. Fried fish, roasted meats... too many to count. They also have the large spread of fresh fruits, like those syrupy canned fruit from US Sky Team.

4) Delta Nartia - little boring, menu has been the same for like 6 or 7 years but edible...2 standard 7/11 quality sushis, some chicken on a skewer and lil bite size cakes. Good Japanese beer and coffee.

5) Air France @ CDG - pastry and coffee heaven!!! Heck, even the Nestle instant coffee is better than US versions...

I eat at Sky Club cuz I am just freakin' hungry and eat food to survive but Seattle has given me new hopes that Delta will improve.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by wlau
Just passed through Minnehopeless yesterday and they actually have decent food now

Best is still Seattle... Used to love Narita but Seattle is THE BEST right now, hands down. SFO is sad sad sad when it comes to food - your el cheapo free breakfast at La Quinta Inn is better.
SFO is considered one of the best for food selection. Not sure what would make think otherwise. Normally there's as good as or slightly better then JFK T4 or ATL F, or old LAX T5.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Last week the MSY club actually had a table set up and a guy shucking fresh oysters ^
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:47 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Last week the MSY club actually had a table set up and a guy shucking fresh oysters ^
Ahhhh! I would have never left, that's amazing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.