Sky Club Food Getting Better

Reply

Old Jan 12, 19, 11:04 pm
  #811  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: ATL
Programs: A few
Posts: 99
The SkyClub at ATL E Con is my usual stop when wanting something more substantial than mac & cheese. They'll have at least 4 or 5 hot offerings; A couple of weeks ago they had Korean meatballs, fried dumplings, a rice dish, a noodle-dish along with the other normal soups and salads. I certainly didn't leave hungry.
Loadmaster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 6:22 am
  #812  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: MSP
Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Life Plat, HHonors DM
Posts: 92
Unhappy

Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
Ice cream freezer at PBI yesterday.
Looks like they might be getting rid of the one in CVG club. They have not restocked it lately, just 2-3 boxes of leftovers sitting forlornly in the freezer. Bummer.
MinnTee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 9:32 am
  #813  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 103
The usual suspects for the most apart in ATL B today. Mac n Cheese, meatballs, hot dogs, but more importantly the first time I've seen the Wicked Thai soup in a while. Needless to say I'm on bowl #2 as I type this.
FlyBitcoin likes this.
mmoser2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 11:38 am
  #814  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 5,913
Pretty subpar spread, including no chicken for the meager salad bar, today at Memphis, though I'm just glad there is still a lounge here. The wine is mostly empty so I'm guessing it is leftover from last night.
hockeyinsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 19, 2:32 pm
  #815  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando, FL Area
Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Posts: 21,434
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Pretty subpar spread, including no chicken for the meager salad bar, today at Memphis, though I'm just glad there is still a lounge here. The wine is mostly empty so I'm guessing it is leftover from last night.
The last two times I have been there they had BBQ pulled pork which was pretty good.
readywhenyouare is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 19, 6:21 am
  #816  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 41
They've had chocolate before, sometimes crunch bars or ice cream sandwiches also.
JTE458 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 19, 10:21 am
  #817  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 24
Breakfast choices at the new PHX club have been pretty consistant

This morning I am seeing
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon/Sausage
Frittatas
Seasoned hashbrowns
Greek yogurt / lemon ricotta
Salads
Oatmeal and cereals
Breads and pastries
Fresh fruit
sksys1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 19, 7:35 pm
  #818  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BOS & traveling somewhere
Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Posts: 607
Originally Posted by sksys1 View Post
Breakfast choices at the new PHX club have been pretty consistant

This morning I am seeing
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon/Sausage
Frittatas
Seasoned hashbrowns
Greek yogurt / lemon ricotta
Salads
Oatmeal and cereals
Breads and pastries
Fresh fruit
If they could just add some non greasy protein, that would be great. (though I love my freshly fried OH bacon, when I'm home to visit family)
navi_jen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 19, 9:14 pm
  #819  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 7,224
Originally Posted by navi_jen View Post
If they could just add some non greasy protein, that would be great. (though I love my freshly fried OH bacon, when I'm home to visit family)
Both greek yogurt and oatmeal are good non-greasy sources of protein.
jdrtravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 6:09 am
  #820  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BOS & traveling somewhere
Programs: SPG/Marriott: Plat; Hyatt/Hilton: DIA; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
Posts: 607
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
Both greek yogurt and oatmeal are good non-greasy sources of protein.
True, I guess I was thinking meat protein
navi_jen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 10:10 am
  #821  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: MSP
Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
Posts: 11,285
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
Both greek yogurt and oatmeal are good non-greasy sources of protein.
They're both way high in carbs rather than protein.
sethb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 10:15 am
  #822  
pvn
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MEM
Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Posts: 5,431
yeah even "plain" greek yogurt is going to have like 9g of sugar per serving.

It sounds weird, but plain "regular" yogurt + peanut butter is really good
pvn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 10:44 am
  #823  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 7,224
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
They're both way high in carbs rather than protein.
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
yeah even "plain" greek yogurt is going to have like 9g of sugar per serving.

It sounds weird, but plain "regular" yogurt + peanut butter is really good
sounds good.

I'm def not on the anti-carb train. Oats are healthy carbs.

Re: Greek yogurt--the important thing is to avoid the fat free greek yogurt or any yogurt with added sugars (this may be unavoidable in the clubs). If the fat content is higher than the sugar, this is better, according to a nutritionist I spoke with. And if the sugar is naturally occurring, rather than added processed sugar, that's very different as well.

I suppose you could just eat meat protein, but there is a whole host of other problems, both health and environmental, with eating a meat centric diet.
jdrtravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 11:03 am
  #824  
pvn
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MEM
Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Posts: 5,431
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
if the sugar is naturally occurring, rather than added processed sugar, that's very different as well.
I hear this a lot but sugar is sugar.
rogo likes this.
pvn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 19, 2:23 pm
  #825  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 7,224
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
I hear this a lot but sugar is sugar.

This is getting off topic, but that is hardly something that experts agree on. Many people would suggest that the sugar one eats in a candy bar is fully different from the sugar one eats in an apple.
jdrtravel is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread