FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Sky Club Food Getting Better (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1686939-sky-club-food-getting-better.html)

CMK10 Aug 12, 2015 8:27 am

I was very happy at RDU last night. Two choices of soup (one vegetable, one crab chowder), chicken salad, salad, olive/mushroom salad, a cucumber based salad, popcorn, cookies, vegetables with dip. Plus a nice Carolina Blonde Ale on tap to wash it all down.

TrojanTraveler Aug 12, 2015 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Smaug (Post 25253764)
Apparently D1 pre-flight/post-flight meals are now available in ATL F club now.

My wife and I were there yesterday upon return from MUC in J. We were offered a D1 menu card, but we declined to order anything since we were both stuffed from the flight.

Was the food to/from MUC upgraded from before? Flew in Feb and it was terrible (enough that I got apologies compensation from DL and the purser, among others). I don't need a gourmet experience, but the food needs to be edible.

i_fly_to_much Aug 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 25259677)
I was very happy at RDU last night. Two choices of soup (one vegetable, one crab chowder), chicken salad, salad, olive/mushroom salad, a cucumber based salad, popcorn, cookies, vegetables with dip. Plus a nice Carolina Blonde Ale on tap to wash it all down.

If they would get rid of that disgusting hummus and go back to the old stuff, I would be a happy camper. Love the mushrooms!

MSPeconomist Aug 12, 2015 3:58 pm

I'd just like a reliable return of the cheese for a quick and relatively high protein and high calcium little snack.

FlytheTail Aug 12, 2015 4:25 pm

Very pleased with the upgrades to the alcoholic options, there's now potable wine in the ORD lounge. Things are definitely moving in the right direction.

AKC6 Aug 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25262165)
I'd just like a reliable return of the cheese for a quick and relatively high protein and high calcium little snack.

^ I'll eat and drink to that!

apodo77 Aug 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by krlcomm (Post 25250724)
They have walked around w/ appetizers at PBI too... Some mini sammiches that were tasty the other day.

They have been doing this at PBI for a while now.

My home club and there every Tuesday. Great staff.

Smaug Aug 12, 2015 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler (Post 25259853)
Was the food to/from MUC upgraded from before? Flew in Feb and it was terrible (enough that I got apologies compensation from DL and the purser, among others). I don't need a gourmet experience, but the food needs to be edible.

I didn't keep the D1 menu, but I remember beef tenderloin and spinach ravioli as some of the options. No complaints from me. With all the courses and the mid-flight cookies, I was kept well-fed.

MSPeconomist Aug 12, 2015 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by AKC6 (Post 25262474)
^ I'll eat and drink to that!

Yes indeed. Cheese does also go well with wine.

CarmenOM Aug 12, 2015 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 25262165)

The BOS main terminal SC had the individually wrapped Tillamook cheese slices yesterday. I hope that will come back to MSP soon. I wish I'd taken a few slices with me before ending up on three flights with only the high carb/low protein snack baskets as my dinner.

TrojanTraveler Aug 13, 2015 7:02 am

Originally Posted by CarmenOM (Post 25263758)
The BOS main terminal SC had the individually wrapped Tillamook cheese slices yesterday. I hope that will come back to MSP soon. I wish I'd taken a few slices with me before ending up on three flights with only the high carb/low protein snack baskets as my dinner.

They have the Tillamook in the D1 entry lounge at LAX. I guess they are not going to keep Tillamook "exclusive" to that.

MSPeconomist Aug 13, 2015 7:06 am

I'm sure that I found cheese in both of the MSP lounges within the last couple months, although in F/G, it's in the refrigerator under the counter so you must know to look there. In both cases, it was a single variety of the Tillamook, probably medium cheddar, with individual thick slices wrapped in thick plastic. The crackers in the big glass jar were the long flat bread things with very irregular borders on the two long sides. I think there's some black pepper on them.

rylan Aug 13, 2015 7:37 pm

The tillamook has been in BOS for almost the whole time it was available. BOS seems to have some better stuff than other locations at times.

sspontak Aug 14, 2015 7:29 am

MCO had Tillamook last month when I was there last month. It is so much better than the cheese spread.^

Crazyhotelguy Aug 14, 2015 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by sspontak (Post 25269991)
MCO had Tillamook last month when I was there last month. It is so much better than the cheese spread.^

...but the advantages to the cheese spread is that it worked as a nice enhancement to the vegetable soup. :)