Sky Club Food Getting Better

Old Jun 4, 18, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sky303 View Post
Yeah. While I'd never buy these new ones, I have to say it is nice how much they hold. The old ones were something I'd have around my own house though, with the heavy bottoms and modern design.
I love these in MSP F/G club now.
Old Jun 5, 18, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak View Post
HNL had a strong spread two weeks ago: In terms of hot food, I remember penne and chicken meatballs, spicy Thai chicken soup (yes, it still exists!), and chili. There was also a pretty extensive salad bar with the noodles and various proteins we're increasingly seeing, plus some localization (purple potatoes, sweet rolls, macadamia chocolates).
Very helpful! Thanks a bunch!
Old Jun 5, 18, 11:06 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; sometimes other things too
HNL is always a great lineup. The Hawaiian sweet rolls are a particular favorite.

There are also usually some Japanese-focused options, including instant noodles and miso soup.

And, the HNL Sky Club has become the final resting place of the old onboard faux wood meal trays, which fits in well enough with the slightly tired decor of the club there (which is reasonably appropriate relative to the tired state of HNL in general).

(And, I should add, the restaurant options in the terminal at HNL are pretty underwhelming. There might be a couple of places that are okay, but HNL has definitely not followed the trend at some mainland US airports of offering decent restaurant options.)
Old Jun 5, 18, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone tried the Hangar vodka they are using in the Skyclubs now? Is it similar to Finlandia or is it junky vodka like Gordon's? I was scared to try it last week
Old Jun 9, 18, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Does anyone remember those fruit and nut bars that Delta used to serve in the clubs during breakfast? I really liked them but haven't seen them in a long time. Does anyone know if you can order them online?
Old Jun 9, 18, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Has anyone tried the Hangar vodka they are using in the Skyclubs now? Is it similar to Finlandia or is it junky vodka like Gordon's? I was scared to try it last week

IMO itís a step up and would be considered a premium vodka. Itís not maybe on the level of Grey Goose, though some might like it betteróitís emerged as a part of the craft market, and it is really good. Iím guessing this is a promotion because I think itís about $10 more per bottle than Finlandia.
Old Jun 9, 18, 6:23 pm

Was just in the LAX T-2 club--a first for me as I always seem to be leaving form T3 with the terrible SC. I thought this was a really nice club! On a Saturday afternoon it was not crowded, and the spread was great. There were 4-5 nice fresh pre-mixed/dressed salads (a carrot salad, a kale & feta salad, a corn salad, a peapod & other veggies salad and something else). There was also mac & cheese, and a separate mac & cheese with chicken. There was also a cheese board with nice large pieces of cheese and little chunks had been pre-sliced so you could grab them, along with grapes & dried apricots. Additionally there was soup, cookies, popcorn and the other usual suspects. I also really liked the self serve drinks.
Old Jun 9, 18, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat and Million Miler, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hertz Gold 5 Star
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
Was just in the LAX T-2 club--a first for me as I always seem to be leaving form T3 with the terrible SC. I thought this was a really nice club! On a Saturday afternoon it was not crowded, and the spread was great. There were 4-5 nice fresh pre-mixed/dressed salads (a carrot salad, a kale & feta salad, a corn salad, a peapod & other veggies salad and something else). There was also mac & cheese, and a separate mac & cheese with chicken. There was also a cheese board with nice large pieces of cheese and little chunks had been pre-sliced so you could grab them, along with grapes & dried apricots. Additionally there was soup, cookies, popcorn and the other usual suspects. I also really liked the self serve drinks.
i wish the SkyClubs at LGA would serve that kind of food instead of the crappy tasting rabbit food they offer constantly. All I see now is edamame, carrots, lettuce, and now broth. Broth! Bring in some real food. Not everyone eats that healthy all the time.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 9, 18, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
Was just in the LAX T-2 club--a first for me as I always seem to be leaving form T3 with the terrible SC. I thought this was a really nice club! On a Saturday afternoon it was not crowded, and the spread was great. There were 4-5 nice fresh pre-mixed/dressed salads (a carrot salad, a kale & feta salad, a corn salad, a peapod & other veggies salad and something else). There was also mac & cheese, and a separate mac & cheese with chicken. There was also a cheese board with nice large pieces of cheese and little chunks had been pre-sliced so you could grab them, along with grapes & dried apricots, and on the side of that a pile of think crackers with a tangy spinach dip spread. Additionally there was soup, cookies, popcorn and the other usual suspects. I also really liked the self serve drinks.
Old Jun 15, 18, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Silver
At the New Orleans Sky Club today.

shrimp and oysters on the half shell!
bgriff and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 15, 18, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC; GE; Marriott PPE; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
Does anyone remember those fruit and nut bars that Delta used to serve in the clubs during breakfast? I really liked them but haven't seen them in a long time. Does anyone know if you can order them online?
Oooh, I loved those. Date nut bars, IIRC. I had contacted DL after they disappeared from SkyClubs to try to find out where they got them from but I never got a response.
readywhenyouare likes this.
Old Jun 15, 18, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post

Really?? Was this a special event or just because of the location??

I'm not sure I would brave raw shellfish before boarding a flight.
Old Jun 15, 18, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL Diam 2MM, HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
Nice and appropriate for New Orleans. Didn't there used to be an Acme at MSY? Now I see Dooky Chase, College Inn, and Zatarians.

Maybe we will see crab cakes at DCA? Half smokes won't quite do it for me!
Old Jun 15, 18, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
They have them at least a few times a month.
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Jun 19, 18, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
MSP F club had cooked chicken breasts today. Dunno if that's a long-term change.

Search this Thread