Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:11 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by MikeFly
I work in the food ingredient business and have an upcoming meeting with decision makers at DL HQ about possible additions/changes to the SC food offerings. Nothing along the lines of turning them into the La Premier Lounge at CDG but rather looking to expand on the current offerings. So for those of you that visit domestic SC's what would make the food offerings better for you?

In reviewing this thread I notice that there was some discussion about upping the protein offerings, which will be part of the discussion. Any specific suggestions from you along those lines? Some of the ideas that may be presented include adding different currys, grain salads like Farro, bean salads etc.

Thanks in advance for any input provided. These are very early stage discussions, so do not expect something new quickly or at all.
Truly vegan condiments/salad dressings (besides the ubiquitous balsamic vinagrette). Non-dairy margarine (NO WHEY PRODUCTS) for the breads, vegetable stock or even water used as a base for soups, brown rice instead of white, non-dairy creamers for coffees (such as soy or coconut based creamers), fresh non-dairy milks for cereal (you can chill those little boxes of soy or coconut milk instead of big pitchers), definately non-animal proteins like beans, Beyond Meat strips/chunks....
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
MSP F club has scrambled eggs, no longer has cheese omelets. I do not consider that an improvement.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:17 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
The current build your own salad is not bad, since everyone can generally control what goes in it including chicken, beans, edamame/soybeans, tofu are all nice protein options.

I like the Mac n cheese with the condiments.

However, more options that are fresh are great. More focus on leaner protein is good. Different flavors and changing it up is also good, so that there's some rotating foods. Having different food at different airports also makes sense. Eating the same thing over and over, especially if you happen to be at say 3 clubs in the same day (MSP/SLC/LAX) can be boring. Also some packaged goods may also be good especially since catering companies have had so many issues (eg Gate Gourmet) and this unknown E Coli in the romaine salads.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
That's disgusting.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 11:50 pm

The SkyBowls are kind of strange - it's like they aren't sure whether or not they are serving you a salad, as there's no real bowls for them often, no proper sauces, etc. Also the cous cous they use has a ton of dill in it - a weird choice that can be very divisive - put it on the side.

A build-your-own sandwich (or wrap) option would be great. If not, some prepared options would be great.

It's a nice surprise when there's something local on offer - Nathan's Hot Dogs at LGA, for example.

Many of the lounges only have lemon or cucumber water now. Can't they just offer regular ice water without flavoring? Some have big Dasani bottles (also gross) but at least they are plain water.
Old May 1, 2018, 8:46 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Also some packaged goods may also be good especially since catering companies have had so many issues (eg Gate Gourmet) and this unknown E Coli in the romaine salads.
Not sure how "packaged" goods are going to be any different in this regard.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Vegas Vegan
Truly vegan condiments/salad dressings (besides the ubiquitous balsamic vinagrette). Non-dairy margarine (NO WHEY PRODUCTS) for the breads, vegetable stock or even water used as a base for soups, brown rice instead of white, non-dairy creamers for coffees (such as soy or coconut based creamers), fresh non-dairy milks for cereal (you can chill those little boxes of soy or coconut milk instead of big pitchers), definately non-animal proteins like beans, Beyond Meat strips/chunks....
Perhaps DL could have one food bar that provides only vegan food choices (but, which type of vegan)?

Then they could have another table for kosher selections.

And, another for halal selections.

Let's not forget the beef-less Hindu counter.

We'll need another counter, non-gluten, for the celiac sufferers.

Also, we'll need a absolutely-no-salt-in-anything counter for the hypertensive.

And, then there will need to be a no-peanut counter.

Will there be any space left for me to sit-down and and plug in my laptop?

PS: don't forget the second bar that serves absolutely no alcohol for the prohibitionists.

Old May 1, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Currently in ATL C club and there is make your own pho...and VegasVegan will be happy to hear the broth is a vegetable based. There is chicken among the add-ins, along with lots of seasonings/sauces/veggies/noodles. Good lunch actually.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

JFK had a pretty decent pho bar last Friday night
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
For what it's worth, the main Sky Club in Detroit had self-serve bottles of Veuve du Vernay Brut, which I've never noticed before. It's pretty cheap champagne (under $10), but is tolerable. I found it very dry, but not sugary.
GoAmtrak likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
For what it's worth, the main Sky Club in Detroit had self-serve bottles of Veuve du Vernay Brut, which I've never noticed before. It's pretty cheap champagne (under $10), but is tolerable. I found it very dry, but not sugary.

Yes, dry means not sweet, and brut means very little or no sugar has been added.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Yes, dry means not sweet, and brut means very little or no sugar has been added.
Yes. I know this, but there's such a thing as extra-dry champagne.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Yes. I know this, but there's such a thing as extra-dry champagne.
True, but extra-dry is actually somewhat sweet, it's the middle of the scale. It is sweeter (less dry) than Brut, which in turn is sweeter than extra-brut and brut nature.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:18 am
Suspended

Veuve du Vernay is cheap, but I think it would be as good as the sparkling wine Delta serves in domestic Delta One. It's too bad they don't cater it.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
I haven't had the Veuve du Vernay, but champagne it isn't--"just" sparkling French wine. That's not to say it's not good, and in fact I'd rather have a decent cava or crémant than some champagnes. But Veuve du Vernay isn't champagne, which is one reason it's so cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.