Sky Club Food Getting Better

Old Apr 20, 18, 9:48 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
The lounges will be not be serving any eggs that don't have all the poopoodoodookaka cooked out of them. Soft-boiled eggs are ripe for issues.

Love,
Sal Manila

That's probably true.

Alright, then let's focus on breads.
Old Apr 20, 18, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Platinum, MR/SPG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, others
(More) real protein. There used to sometimes be "gourmet" chicken salads made with real chicken (and I'd prefer less mayo). Another protein, e.g. tuna fish or tuna salad, would be good.

More cheese choices, too. A number of clubs seem to have only one.
Old Apr 20, 18, 7:27 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: DL KM, GlobalEntry, TSA Pre✓, CLEAR, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold
IDK, but get TPA onboard with more variation and a better spread. Of the clubs I've been to, it is the one with the absolute worst selection every time (and it also changes once every never). Other small clubs often have a neat local thing here or there--the closest you get there is (aside from the obligatory local beer) some slices of Cuban bread to go with I don't really know what. Never a hot food option outside oatmeal in the AM and two soups in the PM. Their chicken salad is easily the worst I've had among all the clubs I've visited, cookies/pastries are mediocre, veggie/salad bar ingredients are insanely lacking. I assume they have limited kitchen capability or something, but hell even JAX does a better job and they're like a quarter of the size.

The bar staff are awesome and desk staff usually good, but man the food in that club just blows. /end rant/
Old Apr 22, 18, 7:25 am

Just thumbing through the last few pages here and wondering how LAX T3 SkyClub is coming along? I'm coming through LAX at the end of July and am hoping (yes, fingers crossed) that the SkyClub will offer at least a half-decent breakfast option for my 2-odd hours in between VA1 and my connecting Delta flight out to MSY.
Old Apr 22, 18, 8:33 am

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by BNE_VA_Hawk View Post
Just thumbing through the last few pages here and wondering how LAX T3 SkyClub is coming along? I'm coming through LAX at the end of July and am hoping (yes, fingers crossed) that the SkyClub will offer at least a half-decent breakfast option for my 2-odd hours in between VA1 and my connecting Delta flight out to MSY.

I don't know when they plan to open up the expansion that they are working on, but in any case you can expect a standard SC breakfast, but nothing special. Bagels, fruit, oatmeal, etc.
Old Apr 22, 18, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
Please don't sacrifice vegetarian options in favor animal based protein, please offer both.

When possible, it's nice to keep the protein as an add-on so that the rest of the dish can be enjoyed by those who don't eat what is being offered.

For breakfast I'd love to see warm soft/medium boiled eggs instead of cold hard ones--more like you would find in Europe, with little egg holders and spoons.

I also really think Delta could seriously up the bread game in the morning. Cheap bagels and cheap sliced bread are, well....cheap. Would love to see fresh high quality breads and rolls, including sourdough and whole grain options.
This!! So many times I see options that COULD be vegetarian but instead have chicken or some other meat based protein dumped into them. Like the curry for example, wouldnít be hard making a tasty vegetarian curry and then have rice in one tray, curry being kept hot like soup, and then a meat protein in another tray. Then the option exists for a vegetarian to eat it, even if itís not exactly as tasty as if the chicken was in it. The meat eater gets what they want, we at least get an option of something we CAN eat, and it didnít really require any additional work with the kitchen. I donít know how specific youíll dig in, but the same with soups, for stuff that doesnít actually have meat in it (think a tomato basil or something) think about changing from a meat stock to veggie stock. I highly doubt people would notice, but youíve now just added another option for vegetarian (and possibly vegans) without actually having to add another item.

If youíre doing skewers, have a tray of meat skewers and a tray of mixed vegetable skewers then let guests grab either or one of each and remove the pieces off the skewers into their plate and eat them. Not asking for a bunch of new special items just for vegetarians, but if youíre going to go over the menu and review previous items and add new, please have the outside the box mind set of ďcan this satisfy multiple types of people, vegetarian/vegan, people with religious restrictions, food allergies, etc, and not create extra work simple by plating things separately?
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
I don't know when they plan to open up the expansion that they are working on, but in any case you can expect a standard SC breakfast, but nothing special. Bagels, fruit, oatmeal, etc.
Thanks jdrtravel - so long as everything runs on time when we go through LAX I'll try to remember to take some pics and report on it. I guess if I keep my expectations low then I might be pleasantly surprised?? :P
Old Apr 24, 18, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Hyatt Diamond
EWR's bartender informed me they can only serve single shots now when I requested a double Bailey's on the rocks. Sort of silly seeing the two shots of Bailey's has less alcohol than a single of most of their other spirits.

Hopefully it was a misinformed bartender and not a new policy of Delta. I haven't flown out of EWR in a long time and didn't recognize her.
Old Apr 24, 18, 2:45 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by jamesteroh View Post
Hopefully it was a misinformed bartender and not a new policy of Delta.
It could be neither, and be some sort of local ordinance regarding free booze.
Old Apr 24, 18, 3:31 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Delta PM/2.8 MM; Hertz PC; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Rewards Silver
Good food last night on the buffet at JFK T4; I enjoyed a boneless chicken breast with chardonnay cream sauce on top of ginger infused white rice. I went back for seconds.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 18, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
SLC SC’s can’t serve double shots as well.
Old Apr 24, 18, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by pvn View Post
I've never had an issue at EWR before with getting a double Baileys and in the northwest days the world club at EWR was a self service bar. The Priority pass lounge at EWR has comped drinks and I have never had an issue getting a white Russian which has two shots of alcohol.
Old Apr 24, 18, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

What were described as hot ham sandwiches at MKE last Sunday. Pretty tasty actually.
Old Apr 24, 18, 7:47 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
What's with DL and their obsession with ham sammies LOL?
Old Apr 25, 18, 9:08 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
What were described as hot ham sandwiches at MKE last Sunday. Pretty tasty actually.
Did they serve hot ham water afterward for the Arrested Development fans?

Search this Thread