Sky Club Food Getting Better

Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
Thrilled to see Starbucks coffee as well as Goose Island beer in the ORD lounge. Both are huge improvements to the liquids they replace. Any advice now on how to balance the caffeine buzz with the beer buzz?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by irishPirate
At DFW SC a few weeks ago, they had these little cheesecake things that were pretty tasty. Haven't seen those before or since.

I have been enjoying the chicken salad, too. If you see someone scarfing it up, it's probably me. Hope they don't realize people like it and take it away.
They have two different chicken salads. Both are a bit heavy on the mayo.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Spent two long layovers last week at the T4 SC in JFK. Things have definitely improved lately, with much better food and coffee. They had the chicken salad and pasta salad, spicy clam and corn chowder and vegetarian minestrone soups, cookies, etc. The Starbucks coffee is a huge improvement over the old Douwe Egberts stuff. I also had the D1 freebie meal, which was a few mini lobster rolls with a pasta salad, regular salad with mango, and strawberries with cream for dessert. Not bad.

I also stopped in at the remodeled T2 club, and I was not impressed. I actually liked the older layout better, and the new decor consists of bare gray walls in most of the rooms. The new open balcony section that overlooks the main terminal area was hot and while I was there two different guys were up there yelling down to their friends on the main floor -- perhaps an unintended consequence of the tighter admission policies I didn't stay long.

Last edited by KevinDTW; Aug 3, 2015 at 5:54 pm
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by KevinDTW
Spent two long layovers last week at the T4 SC in JFK. Things have definitely improved lately, with much better food and coffee. They had the chicken salad and pasta salad, spicy clam and corn chowder and vegetarian minestrone soups, cookies, etc. The Starbucks coffee is a huge improvement over the old Douwe Egberts stuff. I also had the D1 freebie meal, which was a few mini lobster rolls with a pasta salad, regular salad with mango, and strawberries with cream for dessert. Not bad.

I also stopped in at the remodeled T2 club, and I was not impressed. I actually liked the older layout better, and the new decor consists of bare gray walls in most of the rooms. The new open balcony section that overlooks the main terminal area was hot and while I was there two different guys were up there yelling down to their friends on the main floor -- perhaps an unintended consequence of the tighter admission policies I didn't stay long.
Thanks for update. I look forward to my D1 pre flight meal on Thursday.
How much time did it take to be served your meal? I will have a bit less than 1 hour at JFK T4 SC depending on security. I can arrive earlier if needed but don't want to spend excess time in the SC if it's not needed. Thanks.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by mridley2
Thanks for update. I look forward to my D1 pre flight meal on Thursday.
How much time did it take to be served your meal? I will have a bit less than 1 hour at JFK T4 SC depending on security. I can arrive earlier if needed but don't want to spend excess time in the SC if it's not needed. Thanks.
Had my pre-flight meal yesterday in JFK T4 SC. none of the agents saw my card on the table so I had to politely ask for service which was fine.

I had a choice of Grilled Salmon w/ Mango Salsa, grilled zucchini & wild rice pilaf. Salmon was a little under seasoned but was cooked well. Rest was fine. Vegetarian option was a roasted vegetable polenta cake.

Desert was chocolate truffle that was delicious!

Meal came out in about 10 minutes after I ordered. I was curious to see that the waitress who took my order never returned to ask if I needed a wine refill or anything else. I did need a wine refill but I had to go to the bar.

All in all it was a decent light meal and would have been a fine replacement for full dinner if I just wanted to get right to sleep once boarding my flight.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I have noticed that at LGA and ATL T that the kickin' chicken has been replaced by kickin' crab. I hope the chicken comes back.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 7:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Last night at the LGA C SC, an employee was walking around offering a couple kinds of sushi to people at their seats. OTOH, I couldn't find any cheese. There were two soups, some raw veggies, popcorn, crackers, and two types of dry snack mix from cheap hotel type cereal dispensers.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Lobster Bisque in the BOS main side SC last Fri evening along with the tomato basil. Was pretty good too.
They added broccoli to the veggie tray. Was a variety of chocolate covered cheesecake bites put out later.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
[...] and two types of dry snack mix from cheap hotel type cereal dispensers.
Aren't those dispensers preferable to the jars and serving spoons they replaced?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yes it keeps the inevitable person from sticking their hand into the bowl and scooping up a fist full while a bunch drops back in.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:58 pm

I am currently at the LGA SC in D and there was an attendant walking around serving various appetizers. IIRC The choices were a vegetarian sushi, some cracker with a mini crab cake on top, and a cheese and salami skewer. I wonder if this is something exclusive to LGA because I have not seen it at any other SC.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Sky Club Food Getting Better

They have walked around w/ appetizers at PBI too... Some mini sammiches that were tasty the other day.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:32 pm

just wanted to say how great it is to have real beer again.!

Cheers .....great move DL
Old Aug 10, 2015, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by mridley2
Had my pre-flight meal yesterday in JFK T4 SC. none of the agents saw my card on the table so I had to politely ask for service which was fine.
Is a breakfast pre-flight meal limited to just lunch/dinner or is there a breakfast pre-flight meal?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Apparently D1 pre-flight/post-flight meals are now available in ATL F club now.

My wife and I were there yesterday upon return from MUC in J. We were offered a D1 menu card, but we declined to order anything since we were both stuffed from the flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.