Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
Am sitting in the club right now deciding what to eat, since our flight leaves after 8pm. Thinking about trying the above. It was hard for us to find two seats together when we came in.

as a bonus about 6pm they came around with hot pretzels.
Plus, the miniature plates make it impossible to eat anything in a civilized manner.

It's really pathetic that Delta outposts like San Diego or Raleigh-Durham have a nicer Sky Club than Detroit.

If only Virgin Atlantic or Air France would open a lounge for their international business-class passengers.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by WWads
DCA SC had cold grilled chicken today.
I normally put the sliced cold grilled chicken on miniature plates with a splash of balsamic dressing. Some of the lounges will have rice, which makes it even better. The plates are too small for the lettuce.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The plates are too small for the lettuce.
But how do you really feel about the plates???
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
SFO right now:
- "Fisherman's Wharf Clam Chowder" -- decent but not amazing
- small sourdough and Dutch crunch rolls
- vegetarian chili
- cheese ravioli
- meatballs
- chicken fajita rice
- the typical salad/cracker/cheese bar

before the lunch changeover they had a tray of plain cheese omelets with things like salsa/additional cheese/sour cream on the side, and a bowl of turkey sausage links (which were cold )
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
SFO right now:
- vegetarian chili
- cheese ravioli
- meatballs
- chicken fajita rice

before the lunch changeover they had a tray of plain cheese omelets with things like salsa/additional cheese/sour cream on the side, and a bowl of turkey sausage links (which were cold )
Was in the the SFO club for the first time this week. Really impressed by the club itself but was in there for breakfast yesterday and not particularly impressed with the food options at least as it pertained to me.

They did have some hot items but I'm a yogurt person for breakfast and all they had was 3 open bowls of yogurt that you could scoop out of yourself. I greatly prefer the AA approach of putting out mini-Chobanis (or similar). I don't want to spoon from a big bowl of yogurt.

DTW A38 has decent options yesterday and they had someone near the main upstairs desk who was handing out hotdogs with optional chili / onions / condiments. Had one and wasn't bad at all.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
EWR had strawberry pancakes this morning that were pretty good.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
ORD had build your own Chicago style hot dogs this week......geez does this club get packed in the evening....literally standing room only. I saw a guy just standing having his drink near the back because there was no where to sit. Earlier in the week there was only one soup (despite two soup containers) - then later in the week there were two: red pepper gouda and chicken tortilla (my fave).
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
SFO right now:
- vegetarian chili
- cheese ravioli
- meatballs
- chicken fajita rice

Hmmm. I have not been in the club in a couple of months but this concerns me: Did they get rid of the Mai Pham menu? I really liked that this club had a vietnamese & pan-asian focus. I think it made sense for the location and it was a nice change from other clubs. What you describe above seems like tacky tourist food from Fishermans Warf.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
ORD had build your own Chicago style hot dogs this week......geez does this club get packed in the evening....literally standing room only. I saw a guy just standing having his drink near the back because there was no where to sit. Earlier in the week there was only one soup (despite two soup containers) - then later in the week there were two: red pepper gouda and chicken tortilla (my fave).
Build your own hot dogs is kind of neat! ^ BOS gets no love, at least whenever I get to the airport in time to use the SC...

Can't speak of experiences within the last two months, but the UA Club at F8 was a decent alternative for the ORD SC. I agree, DL packs that place to the gills!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I had the Lobster Bisque last time I was in the JFK T4 SC and I enjoyed it.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Build your own hot dogs is kind of neat! ^ BOS gets no love, at least whenever I get to the airport in time to use the SC...

Can't speak of experiences within the last two months, but the UA Club at F8 was a decent alternative for the ORD SC. I agree, DL packs that place to the gills!
I had a four hour flight delay at ORD earlier this year and had a UA club pass from my Hyatt Diamond pack about to expire and used it there. A lot nicer club than the ORD club. At least the ORD club has a self serve bar.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I had a four hour flight delay at ORD earlier this year and had a UA club pass from my Hyatt Diamond pack about to expire and used it there. A lot nicer club than the ORD club. At least the ORD club has a self serve bar.
I've only ever used the ORD SC in the AM when I was taking UA Express flights out of the same terminal. But the last time I used it one of the dragons chewed me out for having my feet on the coffee table by the fireplace. If the president can do it in the White House, I feel like it's OK in an airline lounge. It's not like it was a dining table or my feet were disgusting. IDK. I get that it's not proper but it is a lounge and I was up at 3:30 AM that day. Only time I've ever been scolded by a DL employee.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
I've only ever used the ORD SC in the AM when I was taking UA Express flights out of the same terminal. But the last time I used it one of the dragons chewed me out for having my feet on the coffee table by the fireplace. If the president can do it in the White House, I feel like it's OK in an airline lounge. It's not like it was a dining table or my feet were disgusting. IDK. I get that it's not proper but it is a lounge and I was up at 3:30 AM that day. Only time I've ever been scolded by a DL employee.
"Only time I've ever been scolded by a DL employee." And rightful so!!!!

Which President was so ignorant?????
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:11 am

PBI the other day had a self-service ice cream cart the other day stocked with Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream bars. They also had my favorite of the soups - Curried Butternut Squash
Old Oct 11, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
PBI the other day had a self-service ice cream cart the other day stocked with Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream bars. They also had my favorite of the soups - Curried Butternut Squash
I like the PBI lounge for what it is. It's a heck of a lot nicer than the FLL club and minus shower, I'd say about on par with MIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.