Sky Club Food Getting Better

Old Jul 31, 15, 8:53 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
The Thai soup is the best soup I think they have - though I enjoyed that Italian Wedding Meatball soup a few months back.
What company provides the catering for SkyClubs? I'd seriously buy that Thai soup for home.
Old Jul 31, 15, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by dzflyer View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnredfox

The Thai soup is the best soup I think they have - though I enjoyed that Italian Wedding Meatball soup a few months back.

Finally had the clam corn chowder and it was muy bueno.☺
The chicken thai and the corn crab (I think it's crab not clam?) chowder are both excellent. I'm a fan of the chicken salad too... Good stuff!
Old Jul 31, 15, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Hyatt Diamond
+1 on the Thai soup. I'll have that and the chicken salad and crackers for a lite dinner or lunch.

I really liked the Pumpkin soup they used to have.
Old Jul 31, 15, 10:08 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Sky Club Food Getting Better

Anyone know if the Thai soup has milk/cream in it? I want to think its coconut milk, but you can never know. I'd just hate to make my seat mate feel uncomfortable after I've had a bowl of it
Old Jul 31, 15, 2:23 pm

During my 3 hour SLC layover on Weds night the veggies looked like they had seen better days, but the cookies were yummy, and they had some mini pies and cheesecakes. Not too bad, had some popcorn to balance out all the sugar.
Old Jul 31, 15, 2:56 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by DCAproducer View Post
I think it's great that DL is doing something for D1 passengers at select SC. I'll be at JFK next week on a D1 itinerary and I'll get to check it out.

With that said, DL should make all drinks and premium snacks complimentary for D1 passengers. Make it a true business class experience.

I find myself not getting free drinks at the bars in the SC's because I don't want to be that guy who asks.. well what's free?
If only there were a thread or two about the current offerings in the skyclub that are free...

If only there were a printed menu listing the complementary drinks...

If only there were a way of ordering a drink like "vodka tonic" to avoid having to select a particular brand of vodka..
Old Jul 31, 15, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I was very pleasantly surprised with the Chicken Thai Soup as well, even went back for seconds. I hope the pumpkin soup will be back in the Fall. I like the tuna salad and am disappointed whenever I see the chicken salad instead (I realize I may be in the minority since I have not seen much posted about it). I typically have that with the marinated mushrooms or maybe some olive tapenade with crackers. Of course things could always be better, but I am actually reasonably satisfied with the snack options.
Old Aug 1, 15, 4:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by bubbashow View Post
What company provides the catering for SkyClubs? I'd seriously buy that Thai soup for home.
Sodexo provides catering to the SC's I have been in. Would assume they do all of them.

I was told the soups are made by Kettle Cuisine:

http://www.kettlecuisine.com/
Old Aug 1, 15, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
What are the SkyClubs stocking for breakfast these days? I have a long day of travel to HKG and I have to get to the airport a bit on the early side; thus I'll have plenty of a.m. time in the MSP F/G SkyClub and wondered what I might get to munch on.
Old Aug 1, 15, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Hard boiled egg, bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, fruit, yogurt, and a BM.
Old Aug 1, 15, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum New Name: KeepClimbingEd
Originally Posted by Esltroy View Post
Hard boiled egg, bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, fruit, yogurt, and a BM.
A BM??

That's pretty gross!
Old Aug 2, 15, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by SFTNYC View Post
BA still does this for F and J at their US lounges, though it's a buffet with more substantial items (not a sit-down service like at the VS lounge).
Just to clarify, with BA J sleeper service, you don't really get a choice. The lounge meal is intended to be instead of the full on-board service. The on-board options are smallish, single tray affairs. The couple of times I've had it, I've had a soggy plate of pasta. I believe F still has a "fullish" menu and does have table service in the lounge.

I would also note that, IME, the typical BA J buffet is inferior to D1 meals. It is very much frozen meal quality set out in chafing dishes. It is nice if you are super hungry because you can eat bigger portions, but the quality is bad. And it is even more down-market in concept than BA's on-board options, which is saying something. Execution on the ground is marginally better than in the air, but both seem designed to make BA flyers feel at home, assuming their home is a particularly unappealing dining hall at uni.
Old Aug 2, 15, 12:26 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Amex Plat, Hotels.com Gold, Hertz 5 star, WMATA smartrip card
Originally Posted by apodo77 View Post

I was told the soups are made by Kettle Cuisine:

http://www.kettlecuisine.com/
heh.
Old Aug 2, 15, 4:02 pm

At DFW SC a few weeks ago, they had these little cheesecake things that were pretty tasty. Haven't seen those before or since.

I have been enjoying the chicken salad, too. If you see someone scarfing it up, it's probably me. Hope they don't realize people like it and take it away.
Old Aug 2, 15, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by irishPirate View Post
At DFW SC a few weeks ago, they had these little cheesecake things that were pretty tasty. Haven't seen those before or since.
I don't frequent DFW but have encountered the cheesecake bites elsewhere in the system since the improved food selection debuted last August.

Search this Thread