FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1684718-delta-million-miler-gifts-discussion-2015-2021-a.html)

alemaz Jun 3, 2015 4:07 am

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

I have got my Million Miler Gifts selection this January. These are Hartmann backpack, briefcase and carry-ons, some Tiffany stuff, Tumi briefcase and carry-ons.

I ran price check and see that the items range from $300 to $700. Some are out of stock and are rather old discontinued models. I do not quite like the selection.

Does anybody have an idea whether they update the inventory frequently?

Mr. Tickets Jun 3, 2015 5:06 am

This past January or next January (2016)?

cottonpatch Jun 3, 2015 7:03 am

Originally Posted by alemaz (Post 24911279)

I doubt the inventory gets updated very frequently. When's the expiration date of your gift?

alemaz Jun 3, 2015 7:36 am

Originally Posted by cottonpatch (Post 24911710)
I doubt the inventory gets updated very frequently. When's the expiration date of your gift?

I do not see any expiration dates anywhere. None in the email and none on the web page for selection...

oldtirednbusy Jun 3, 2015 7:55 am

My wife really likes the Hartmann carry on.
I would go ahead and make my selection.
I think the selection is really nice.

ornulfkittelsen Jun 3, 2015 8:26 am

Yeah, it is nothing special in that gift store, but saves you a few hundred bucks on luggage.

The Hartmann carry-on is good. Lasted me from 1 mill to now 1.7 mill and still going strong. Solid quality and Hartmann has moved past Tumi in my book.

-ok

DeltaFirst Jun 3, 2015 8:40 am

Just received my Tumi carry on bag. I did notice that the bag I received was not the one advertised on the web page. Mine had two wheels instead of 4. Still a very nice bag.

StayingHomeIsBetter Jun 3, 2015 10:13 am

I have had my Hartmann for for about 3 years now, so I suspect it does not resemble anything that they currently offer to MMilers.

Overall, it has been serviceable. I have had to replace screws that worked themselves out of the foot attachment. Mostly, though, just showing wear.

I still prefer my older Briggs & Riley roll-aboard.

I suspect that others are correct that DL gets items that Hartmann is discontinuing/phasing out.

Most valuable thing about my Hartmann bag... the e-mail, from a DL employee in the MM department, which I keep in the front pocket of the bag, that certifies that the bag is overhead-legal. :D

FlyingWithers Jun 3, 2015 11:01 am

Tumi

Originally Posted by alemaz (Post 24911279)
I have got my Million Miler Gifts selection this January. These are Hartmann backpack, briefcase and carry-ons, some Tiffany stuff, Tumi briefcase and carry-ons.

I ran price check and see that the items range from $300 to $700. Some are out of stock and are rather old discontinued models. I do not quite like the selection.

For my 3MM section I took the Tumi 22" roll bag. It is valued at $600 and is great for me as in only carry on. I have the small computer-type bag that slips over the handle and I am all set.

StayingHomeIsBetter Jun 3, 2015 11:33 am

Originally Posted by FlyingWithers (Post 24912926)
For my 3MM section I took the Tumi 22" roll bag. It is valued at $600 and is great for me as in only carry on. I have the small computer-type bag that slips over the handle and I am all set.

So, we get goodies at 3MM too?

I had not paid any attention to the 3 MM milestone, since there is no Medallion status increase at 3MM.

I probably have 3 years to go to get to 3MM. Perhaps my current bag will survive that long. Perhaps I will survive that long. :D

DYKWIA2014 Jun 3, 2015 11:38 am

Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy (Post 24911951)
My wife really likes the Hartmann carry on.

My wife chose the Return to Tiffany bracelet when I hit 1MM. She said that she had earned that gift with all of my traveling.

baccarat0809 Jun 3, 2015 12:05 pm

Only problem with the Hartman bag is the pull-out handle is too short, though my younger sister thinks its just perfect.

Speaking of sister, she made PM for the first time a few days ago - congrats Nikitta where-ever-you-are-today.

DeltaFirst Jun 3, 2015 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingWithers (Post 24912926)

I got the same bag but to tell you the truth, side by side with by Briggs Riley carry on, not much difference. Both are very nice.

BamaGirl Jun 3, 2015 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 24913104)
So, we get goodies at 3MM too?

I had not paid any attention to the 3 MM milestone, since there is no Medallion status increase at 3MM.

I probably have 3 years to go to get to 3MM. Perhaps my current bag will survive that long. Perhaps I will survive that long. :D

Yep. That's the only 'benefit' to getting to 3MM. It should be yearly complimentary PM. And DM @ 4MM. But hey, that would actually reward loyalty rather than just pontificating about loyalty being a two way street.

ross123 Jun 3, 2015 12:48 pm

I ended up with the Tumi Vapor which worked out great for me. I originally wanted the Hartman carry on and ordered it and about a week later received an email from Samsonite that it was discontinued and they offered me a 24" bag instead.

Long story short, i was able to find the right person in Delta to change this to the Tumi, it arrived about a week later, and I've been using it. It fits in the overhead on the CRJ700/900 which I get as my normal weekly travel plane on most of my segments.