Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
Hit 2MM yesterday, are the roll aboard options only spinners? I have a well used roller that needs to be replaced and was hoping there was a new 2-wheel option... not a fan of spinners. Thanks
I wonder if you could take one of the Tumis and then exchange it at a Tumi store? Or just get the most expensive retail item and eBay it?

I also do not like spinners and hate that so many of the new luggage models have moved to 4-wheel designs.
SYRRDU and NotHamSarnie like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gooselee
I wonder if you could take one of the Tumis and then exchange it at a Tumi store? Or just get the most expensive retail item and eBay it?

I also do not like spinners and hate that so many of the new luggage models have moved to 4-wheel designs.
it's getting quite difficult to find 2 wheeled luggages these days.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hit 2MM yesterday, are the roll aboard options only spinners? I have a well used roller that needs to be replaced and was hoping there was a new 2-wheel option... not a fan of spinners. Thanks
My last two spinners broke, never going back to spinners again.
ExArkie likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by mnredfox

My last two spinners broke, never going back to spinners again.
A 22" spinner has two less interior inches than a 22" 2-wheeled roller and that adds up to a good amount ofit/lost space. Also hate chasing the wife's spinner down when she takes her hand off it.

Last edited by SYRRDU; Nov 16, 2018 at 8:52 pm
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:48 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
A 22" spinner has two less inches than a 22" 2-wheeled roller and that adds up to a goo amount ofit/lost space. Also hate chasing the wife's spinner down when she takes her hand off it.
Try using spinners in concourses with rugs. You push forward and it's sure to turn sideways
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Try using spinners in concourses with rugs. You push forward and it's sure to turn sideways
Can be a problem in hotels too (or going up a steep jetway). Luckily you can still pull a spinner behind you on two wheels. You can push a two-wheeler in front of you too but it's more awkward...
Old May 8, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Noticed this change today:

Beginning February 21, 2019, Delta Million Miler gifts must be selected within one year of reaching Million Miler Status.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ion-miler.html

Also noticed that in the past i could select 40.000 SM as a gift. Delta now only want to give out 20.000 SM's
Old May 8, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Noticed this change today:

Beginning February 21, 2019, Delta Million Miler gifts must be selected within one year of reaching Million Miler Status.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ion-miler.html

Also noticed that when in the past i could select 40.000 SM asa gift. Delta now only want to give me 20.000 SM's
What about those of us who reached MM status before this date but haven't yet picked a gift? (I'm still waiting for TUMI rollaboards to return!).
Old May 8, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
What about those of us who reached MM status before this date but haven't yet picked a gift? (I'm still waiting for TUMI rollaboards to return!).
Don't know. Reached MM status a couple of years ago and also didn't pick a gift yet..... 40.000 and now 20.000 SM Bolivars didn't really do it for me and hoped for something better.
Old May 8, 2019, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Be happy you did not qualify in the early naughts otherwise you would have just been sent some garbage tags, and had no choice at all.
ExArkie likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Argh! I procrastinated also and didn’t select the TUMI V3 when it was available.

It’s really frustrating to hit this milestone and then have DL randomly remove gifts within a couple months...
It's worse now - one Hartmann selection remaining (Aviator backpack) and the rest of the luggage is now Samsonite. Really disappointed since I need to choose by August 15th or so and the selections are declining in my opinion. Anyone have an idea about when they re-stock?
Old May 21, 2019, 10:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
It's worse now - one Hartmann selection remaining (Aviator backpack) and the rest of the luggage is now Samsonite. Really disappointed since I need to choose by August 15th or so and the selections are declining in my opinion. Anyone have an idea about when they re-stock?
Crap. I was going to order one of the Hartmanns, but am travelling oand was afraid it would arrive when I wasn't home. Was going to order today. Useless benefit for me now.
Old May 22, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM; SPG PLAT/Ambassador
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
What's going on? Have we heard anything from DL about this downgrade?
Old May 22, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Does that mean the Hartmann spinner is gone forever, replaced by these Samsonites, or it is typical for things to restock and appear again on the website?
Old May 22, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
That is part of my question: does Delta refill stock and if so, when? If not, I’m disappointed with the remaining and declining choices...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.