Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:39 pm
CDF

Location: Michigan, DL Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Gold
Thanks. Nothing to hold my breath about then. If they stopped sending gifts a year ago they should update the email they send out. From the one I received it made it sound like I was going to get something else.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:48 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by CDF
Thanks. Nothing to hold my breath about then. If they stopped sending gifts a year ago they should update the email they send out. From the one I received it made it sound like I was going to get something else.
Right, for my first 2MM, we were given a list of gifts to choose from. They now consider the trophy a gift I guess.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
I just hit 1MM beginning of December 2021 and got the email shortly after. Just received my 1MM gift package, took less that 1 month to arrive. All items were just as the picture above looked like, 2 bag tags, the 1MM cube, the letter and the Delta gift certificate.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
II hit 2 Million yesterday and received an e-mail today for a link to my gift card. I will see how long for the tags, that will go in my drawer
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: Delta SM, 1MM; Alaska Gold 100K
MM Experience

I qualified for 1 MM in 2017. I had decided on a particular gift, but when I tried to choose it, was informed it was no longer available.
I waited, hoping it would be on offer again. In late 2021, having come across this thread, I reached out to Delta Customer Care hoping I could at least get a gift card. Of course, it took a while for a response, but I was informed that
time had run out as one needed to choose a gift within one year of qualifying. Perhaps I am mistaken but pretty certain I could still review gift options in early 2019, although there was still nothing appealing. I recall being able to select something and get to the checkout option.

I understand rules are rules, but usually, I am aware of them and act accordingly. So perhaps this is my error, but still wonder why Delta can't issue one of those "clock is ticking" e-credits or a gift card.

On a different topic, I have been fortunate in not having to call Delta during these trying times. But in mid-2021 I needed to do so. I got a wildly enthusiastic agent who remarked several times on my 1 MM status.
I was a bit cynical and said that Delta could take away Silver Medallion status at any time or impose some additional requirement. "Oh no, Delta would never do that!" was the response.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Understand the frustration with the gift choice, but if you are referring to the "Complimentary Annual Status" language, that has actually been there since 2003 -- Benefits at a Glance
The conspiracy theorists who insisted that this was some kind of signal that DL would be ending their Million Miler program soon should probably give it a rest at this point.
cre95 likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 11, 2022 at 10:34 am
Old Jan 11, 2022, 10:46 am
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NWAsilvELITE
I just hit 1MM beginning of December 2021 and got the email shortly after. Just received my 1MM gift package, took less that 1 month to arrive. All items were just as the picture above looked like, 2 bag tags, the 1MM cube, the letter and the Delta gift certificate.
How did they ship your tags? UPS or Fedex? I am hoping its not USPS as they have a lot of issues.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
Understand the frustration with the gift choice, but if you are referring to the "Complimentary Annual Status" language, that has actually been there since 2003 -- Benefits at a Glance
The conspiracy theorists who insisted that this was some kind of signal that DL would be ending their Million Miler program soon should probably give it a rest at this point.
Are these the same folks who can't seem to get over the fact that Northwest Airlines doesn't exist anymore, and don't seem to understand that complaining that DL does something differently than "PMNW" (12 years later) has pretty much lost its impact?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mrnewton
I qualified for 1 MM in 2017. I had decided on a particular gift, but when I tried to choose it, was informed it was no longer available.
I waited, hoping it would be on offer again. In late 2021, having come across this thread, I reached out to Delta Customer Care hoping I could at least get a gift card. Of course, it took a while for a response, but I was informed that
time had run out as one needed to choose a gift within one year of qualifying. Perhaps I am mistaken but pretty certain I could still review gift options in early 2019, although there was still nothing appealing. I recall being able to select something and get to the checkout option.

I understand rules are rules, but usually, I am aware of them and act accordingly. So perhaps this is my error, but still wonder why Delta can't issue one of those "clock is ticking" e-credits or a gift card.

On a different topic, I have been fortunate in not having to call Delta during these trying times. But in mid-2021 I needed to do so. I got a wildly enthusiastic agent who remarked several times on my 1 MM status.
I was a bit cynical and said that Delta could take away Silver Medallion status at any time or impose some additional requirement. "Oh no, Delta would never do that!" was the response.
I'm not sure when DL added the rule about a timeline for picking a MM gift. There was no such rule when I hit 2MM. Does anyone know when the time limit was implemented?
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by mrnewton

This exact situation happened to me as well! I wanted a TUMI rollaboard but they selections were yanked by the time I actually needed it. I waited around for the items to refresh. Now that DL has switched to gifting DL vouchers, I reached out to Customer Care and asked whether I could at least have this $200 (or whatever it is) in lieu of the luggage. No luck...
Old Jan 12, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm not sure when DL added the rule about a timeline for picking a MM gift. There was no such rule when I hit 2MM. Does anyone know when the time limit was implemented?
I looked at T&C and even called up the DM desk at one point asking if there was a time limit to select a gift. There was no indication (that I could see) about expiration date of the offer. This is what's particularly frustrating, especially after being so loyal to DL.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
I was in the same boat. This was the outcome:
Thank you for providing clarity so that I can further assist you. Regrettably, since your 2 Million Miler status was earned prior to March 1, 2019, you are not eligible for this gift. Nevertheless, I would like to extend a goodwill gesture as I can only imagine your inconvenience. Im sending a $300 Delta Choice gift. You will receive a Delta Choice gift code, from [email protected] in a separate email within three business days and you can select the gift card of your choice within 60 days of receipt. Included in the gift option are several merchants that you will be familiar with as well as our Delta gift cards. Once redeemed, the gift cards have no expiration and may be used by anyone you wish. You will want to add this email address to your list of accepted addresses. Our Delta Choice gift code email will include a customer ID and instructions on how to redeem the gift. Please check your spam folder if you dont see the email in your inbox.

Again thank you for your ongoing loyalty.
mot29 and NotHamSarnie like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ryandc99
How did they ship your tags? UPS or Fedex? I am hoping its not USPS as they have a lot of issues.
I think I got my 2MM in 2016 but back then it was USPS.
Old May 12, 2022, 5:13 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Today at SFO they had balloons ready and a special announcement for a 7 million miler. Nice to see small celebrations/notice is made for major milestones.
travelista and rkoechel like this.
Old May 15, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I hit 3MM a year ago... the gift was a $500 Delta gift card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.