Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Luggage Tags are Shipping Again

Mrs. SeattleBH hit 1mm this spring. Her luggage tags just arrived today along with the $250 credit.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by seattleBH
Mrs. SeattleBH hit 1mm this spring. Her luggage tags just arrived today along with the $250 credit.
The bag tags have been shipping for months. They're part of the box including the gift certificate. Curious that took so long for you.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:14 am

I reach one million miles on my flight home from LGA to MSP today…I think (I might be short a few miles and will have to wait till Hartford trip in January. Of course when I reach it I move in a few months to a non Delta hub, but still a neat accomplishment. For the most part Delta has been a pretty good airline. What is in the gift box they send? In my mind the pilot will make an announcement and come out and shake my hand, but I think that is only in the movies And 1 million probably isn’t a big deal anymore for many travelers, but reaching retirement age next year my traveling numbers will certainly decrease.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by xiphoid76
What is in the gift box they send?
A trophy !!! https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33449620-post243.html
xiphoid76 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The bag tags have been shipping for months. They're part of the box including the gift certificate. Curious that took so long for you.
I still have not received mine despite chatting in, calling in and, on direction of the phone agent, filing a written request through the website.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by xiphoid76
In my mind the pilot will make an announcement and come out and shake my hand, but I think that is only in the movies
Slightly OT, but I will say UA absolutely did all that for me when I hit 3MM earlier in the year. I had a pilot come out and sit with me to chat during boarding, and many, many comments from FAs. One from coach even came up to me in F to add her congratulations. And it must have been tagged in my record for the whole trip as I got comments from FAs for all four segments of the trip. Happily, no PA announcements though.

I will hit DL 2MM in the next month or two. I don’t have similar expectations:-).
xiphoid76 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
How quickly do the bag tags typically ship? I got the gift card via email and wondering when the tags will arrive now.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 10:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ryandc99
How quickly do the bag tags typically ship? I got the gift card via email and wondering when the tags will arrive now.
About a month for me in Oct/Nov.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
Slightly OT, but I will say UA absolutely did all that for me when I hit 3MM earlier in the year. I had a pilot come out and sit with me to chat during boarding, and many, many comments from FAs. One from coach even came up to me in F to add her congratulations. And it must have been tagged in my record for the whole trip as I got comments from FAs for all four segments of the trip. Happily, no PA announcements though.

I will hit DL 2MM in the next month or two. I don’t have similar expectations:-).
My experience when I hit 2MM was, er, disappointing - the only recognition was the FA shaking her finger at me and lecturing me on how to put my bag in the overhead bin (before I had even finished stowing it…).

But knowing that I’d hit the next milestone (2.5MM - not an official threshold, but important to me) on a flight to San Diego, I asked the FA during boarding to ask the pilots to let me know when we were x miles from the destination. The Captain invited me up to the cockpit and asked “is this your million mile flight?” and when I said “no, I’ll be crossing 2.5MM with Delta on this one”, he said “wow, that’s more than either of us have flown!” He put his hat on my head and took a picture with my phone, lol. When our flight crossed the mileage point, he did make an announcement and the FA brought a glass of Prosecco while the whole plane clapped.

So don’t hesitate to let the crew know on your milestone flight. While it might be nicer if there was proactive recognition, you can’t count on that, but the crew on board will definitely want to recognize that milestone for you.
awonderer likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Steven NH/BOS
I also agree the gifts were not exciting and I also never made a choice from 10/19. Then the pandemic. I have written them requesting an exception but have not heard back. Could use the $250 gift card.
Will be interested to hear if they take care of you. When I hit 2MM a few years back, they were updating their system and it wouldn’t allow me to select my 2MM gift. I wrote in and someone at corporate sent me the list of jewelry (but I was interested in luggage), but never responded when I asked for that. When I wrote in again, I was told that we needed to make our selection within X amount of time. 🤦‍♀️ So, their system glitch prevented me from making my selection, but since I did not make it in time, I am no longer eligible to receive it??? Interesting way of recognizing the lifetime value of a customer.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by pbjag
Will be interested to hear if they take care of you. When I hit 2MM a few years back, they were updating their system and it wouldn’t allow me to select my 2MM gift. I wrote in and someone at corporate sent me the list of jewelry (but I was interested in luggage), but never responded when I asked for that. When I wrote in again, I was told that we needed to make our selection within X amount of time. 🤦‍♀️ So, their system glitch prevented me from making my selection, but since I did not make it in time, I am no longer eligible to receive it??? Interesting way of recognizing the lifetime value of a customer.
I was in a similar situation. I ended up getting $200 $300 from them.
pbjag likes this.

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Jan 12, 2022 at 7:30 am
Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:54 am

I sold all of the MM "gifts," trophy and numerous bag tags. Made enough to pay for my end of year MR so to make PM. Still have my $200 credit. Thanks Ed!
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:30 pm
CDF

Location: Michigan, DL Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Gold
I hit 2 MM at the end of November and they sent me an email with a link to a $350 voucher plus that another gift is on the way. Haven't seen that yet. I see where some people say they get to select a gift via a link. Is that the same link where we select our Million Miler gift each year? Thanks and congrats to all of the MM.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:33 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by CDF
I hit 2 MM at the end of November and they sent me an email with a link to a $350 voucher plus that another gift is on the way. Haven't seen that yet. I see where some people say they get to select a gift via a link. Is that the same link where we select our Million Miler gift each year? Thanks and congrats to all of the MM.
The gift giving ended a year ago or so. Now just a 1 time gift card.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by CDF
Your "gift" is a cheesy acrylic "trophy" and a couple of 2mm baggage tags in a nice box. See this post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.