Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Warning about Medallion benefits on partner airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning about Medallion benefits on partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 3:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by doglover
I ended up paying for an EC seat from IST to AMS figuring I could just get it back later. Easier said than done. If anyone has been successful with such please let me know.

The amount was much less than Delta charges, but you get a lot less too. KLM upgraded me to biz on the flight which gets you the same crappy seats, but with no one in the center and a decent breakfast. I've had very few gate upgrades on KLM intra-europe in the past so I'm not too worried about getting my $28.00 back.

Note that KLM recognized me as a "base" member on my boarding pass, and charged me a base price for the EC seat. But still recognized me as an Elite+ for the gate upgrade.

Go Figure.
On my last KLM flight, booked through DL, the boarding pass and flight manifest said that I was a base member. OTOH, my most recent AF flight, also booked through DL, had me as a "2000."
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Originally Posted by Grouchy
That's odd. Do you have a AF/KLM account? (Not a FB account) or moved up the ranks not so long ago?
Nope-odd eh?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
That might be the problem.
No account...then sometimes KLM doesn't recognize your correct status. Seen it in the past...and sometimes it's just snafu.

Setup a KLM online account way in advance; list your SkyMiles # as part of this account. Under no circumstances, list your KLM FB number (perhaps, you have one from AMEX Membership Award transfer, etc.). Use the KLM/Delta confirmation # to add the flights to your open itineraries on KLM.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Interesting, just tried, and on the KLM app, after I logged in with my new account, it still says Flying Blue Ivory.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 5:23 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
On my last KLM flight, booked through DL, the boarding pass and flight manifest said that I was a base member. OTOH, my most recent AF flight, also booked through DL, had me as a "2000."
Delta FO, Gold and Platinum seem to correlate properly to FlyingBlue Silver, Gold and Platinum.

Delta Diamond (with AF/KLM) is either :
- base
- Platinum
- Club 2000 (or whatever the term is)

On the manifests, I have asked (on KLM and Air France). KLM says we appear as Platinum. Last time, Air France said I appeared as Elite. Of course, this is a bit YMMV since sometimes the flight attendants seem to interpret the manifests incorrectly.

Just wish they (AF/KLM) would CONSISTENTLY list Delta Diamonds as FlyingBlue Platinum, and be done with it.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Delta FO, Gold and Platinum seem to correlate properly to FlyingBlue Silver, Gold and Platinum.

Delta Diamond (with AF/KLM) is either :
- base
- Platinum
- Club 2000 (or whatever the term is)

On the manifests, I have asked (on KLM and Air France). KLM says we appear as Platinum. Last time, Air France said I appeared as Elite. Of course, this is a bit YMMV since sometimes the flight attendants seem to interpret the manifests incorrectly.

Just wish they (AF/KLM) would CONSISTENTLY list Delta Diamonds as FlyingBlue Platinum, and be done with it.
Interesting. I cannot see any status on KLM, although it does show my correct DL SM #. On airfrance.us, when I log in with the account I setup on KLM, I can see my DL SM # and that I am FlyingBlue Gold despite being DL Platinum. Is that a problem? I do not have a FlyingBlue number as far as I know. I never set one up when I just setup this KLM account.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
You really have to contact Air France (their twitter support) for seating on Air France metal. I tend to forget (since I almost always fly business class on Air France) but they do not have Economy Comfort on a number of flights. They have "seat plus" on some, but Delta Medallions have to pay for "seat plus." I would definitely reach out to Air France. I do believe there are some premium seats Medallions can "grab," such as exit rows and bulkheads. I have communicated with Air France recently regarding BKK-CDG-FCO and AMS-CDG-BOS-CDG-AMS with no issues. Even when they have not been able to assign my preferred seat, they have made a note and done it approximately 24 hours prior to departure. But, this was business class.
I tweeted with AF and they immediately shot me down. They responded with: "Hello mrblueeyes, we checked ur booking & see that u hold a Delta ticket (006). We're unable to select those seats as they're restricted at the moment, so please kindly proceed the seat change at the airport counter on your departure date. Thank you for your understanding! "

The most I have been able to get was calling the Medallion line and they worked with someone to get me some premium seats on the AF leg but they couldn't get me EC seats (I offered to pay). They also said they got me premium seats on the KLM leg but the system is showing that I am the only one (i.e., my companion's seat is unassigned) who received a premium seat. I am also unable to move my seats. Lastly, the seats they got me initially showed up as "requested" and now show up as "confirmed". Should I ping KLM again during their normal business hours? When I contacted both AF and KLM via Twitter, I did so in the middle of the night their time.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by mrblueeyes
Interesting. I cannot see any status on KLM, although it does show my correct DL SM #. On airfrance.us, when I log in with the account I setup on KLM, I can see my DL SM # and that I am FlyingBlue Gold despite being DL Platinum. Is that a problem? I do not have a FlyingBlue number as far as I know. I never set one up when I just setup this KLM account.
Just found this thread, posted about a similar experience I am having in another thread. How did you resolve the issue? I became Gold a month ago but partner airlines (KLM, AF, Virgin Atlantic, etc) are all seeing me as Silver still, even for new bookings.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta PM, CSR
Originally Posted by runningformqm
Just found this thread, posted about a similar experience I am having in another thread. How did you resolve the issue? I became Gold a month ago but partner airlines (KLM, AF, Virgin Atlantic, etc) are all seeing me as Silver still, even for new bookings.
Currently battling this. I have emailed AF, trying live chatting FlyingBlue (who were quite rude), and have now emailed Delta...
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Rearviewmirror1
Currently battling this. I have emailed AF, trying live chatting FlyingBlue (who were quite rude), and have now emailed Delta...
Call Delta and have them re-submit your status, That's what fixed the issue for me. I believe they did it through the KLM/Airfrance team but call Delta directly. And be prepared to HUCA till someone understands the problem.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 10:52 pm

Interestingly I just got this reply from Air France... "Please be aware that our system shows Flying Blue Gold which is the equivalent of your Platinum Medallion in our Flying Blue program. We confirm that you will be benefiting of the same benefits of Sky Team Elite Plus members. Please confirm if you need further clarification.".

Followed up to ask if DM Diamond is now the equivalent of FB Platinum...
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Interestingly I just got this reply from Air France... "Please be aware that our system shows Flying Blue Gold which is the equivalent of your Platinum Medallion in our Flying Blue program. We confirm that you will be benefiting of the same benefits of Sky Team Elite Plus members. Please confirm if you need further clarification.".

Followed up to ask if DM Diamond is now the equivalent of FB Platinum...
That doesn't sound correct since I know platinum members who get the platinum benefits on KLM, not the Gold benefits. I think you should ask Delta to resubmit your status, that is what they did for me and it corrected it immediately.
Rearviewmirror1 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
KLM or AF side? I have to say, I've recently found the KLM side similar, and despite the 1-hour expectation they set in social media, they seem to reply in more like 8-12 hours, sometimes with no more than a formulaic cut & paste.

Interestingly, submitting a complaint to KLM recently via website, went directly to Delta's help system (no reason for them to link me to Delta, so they must be partnering with Delta IT on the back side). We'll see how long it takes for them to reply: the auto-responder promised *thirty days*.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kthomas
KLM or AF side? I have to say, I've recently found the KLM side similar, and despite the 1-hour expectation they set in social media, they seem to reply in more like 8-12 hours, sometimes with no more than a formulaic cut & paste.

Interestingly, submitting a complaint to KLM recently via website, went directly to Delta's help system (no reason for them to link me to Delta, so they must be partnering with Delta IT on the back side). We'll see how long it takes for them to reply: the auto-responder promised *thirty days*.
If you live in US then DL handles all KL and AF issues.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 7:04 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kthomas

This was on the AF side, but I think they escalated my original Q to a supervisor, as I just got this via the Air France Facebook Messenger:

"We can see that your Elite Plus status was updated in our system and its now showing correctly in your booking file. You can see the status benefits here: http://bit.ly/2zD9SKA and SkyTeam benefits on this link: http://klmf.ly/1DMcUqJ ."

It's all sorted and showing as Platinum now. Figured it was worth the effort as I've had an op up on this route before!
jonathanbak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.