Wiki Posts
Search

Account Hacked?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam
Account Hacked?

I noticed yesterday my phone app didn't show any of my upcoming trips so, I logged on to delta.com and all my reservations were gone.

When I called DM line, agent said someone in Los Angeles changed my tickets yesterday on the web and something about seat changes.

Has anyone experienced this lately?
Old May 25, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
No. But is sounds serious. I would change all my passwords just in case.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:04 am

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond

USB and bluetooth.

Always be wary of jacking into USB plugs and for the love of all that is holy - TURN OFF BLUETOOTH - and if you use it, change the password for your device (or keep locked down to only devices you marry to your phone)

doug
Old May 25, 2015, 11:28 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Do you have an angry ex-spouse/spousal equivalent?
Old May 25, 2015, 11:44 am

Any changes made on DL.com shows as LAXWEB. It doesn't mean the person was in LA.
Old May 25, 2015, 2:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Does some DL employee hate you?

Could you have left your FF account open on an airport or hotel lounge computer? Note that just X-ing out of delta.dumb still allows the next person to enter your account if it doesn't time out first?

Could you have left a device around that has the DL app on it?
Old May 25, 2015, 5:14 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does some DL employee hate you?

Could you have left your FF account open on an airport or hotel lounge computer? Note that just X-ing out of delta.dumb still allows the next person to enter your account if it doesn't time out first?

Could you have left a device around that has the DL app on it?
And beware of shoulder surfing. It is easy to watch someone login and remember their info.
Old May 25, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by puddinhead
And beware of shoulder surfing. It is easy to watch someone login and remember their info.
Is this a good time to bring up two factor authentication with one time passwords?

This is something you want to enable on any account that supports it, starting with gmail.

I wish more vendors supported this sort of thing.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by skchin
I noticed yesterday my phone app didn't show any of my upcoming trips so, I logged on to delta.com and all my reservations were gone.

When I called DM line, agent said someone in Los Angeles changed my tickets yesterday on the web and something about seat changes.

How did this turn out?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by skchin

Have you read my thread about someone cancelling my tickets? It is still unsolved, but someone keeps calling and cancelling my tickets after I changed the password, and created a new SM account. Doesn't DL keep any ip addresses on file??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.