Anomalous Situation: Amex Spend

Old May 21, 15, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Spire, others
Anomalous Situation: Amex Spend

I just got notice from Delta of receiving 10K MQMs from Amex spend.

So I went to delta.com to see what I might find, and lo and behold, according to them I still haven't reached the waiver spend, being $1k-$2k under.
Old May 21, 15, 6:17 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HH Gold
So

Give it a few days (usually one midnight) to "burp"...likely will be ok
Old May 21, 15, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
I just got notice from Delta of receiving 10K MQMs from Amex spend.

So I went to delta.com to see what I might find, and lo and behold, according to them I still haven't reached the waiver spend, being $1k-$2k under.
Go check your AMEX spending, I suspect it's a timing difference on the waiver register. It'll catch up soon because your AMEX spending is probably already there. Thanks, BTW, you've expanded my vocabulary. I had no idea what "anomalous" meant.
Old May 21, 15, 6:56 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I guess I hava similar situation . . . .

I haven't received any notifications, but, I was watching my Amex spend graph inch toward $25K. So, I hit it maybe 10 days ago, and since I have 81,000 MQMs, I'm PM for 2016.

OK, so, I was looking for the 10K MQMs to post when my statement date came around, which was on Monday, and NOTHING! So, I checked my Spend $$$$ on my statement, and it says $21,000ish year to date?!?!?

So, how could I hit the $25K threshhold for the MQD waiver, but my statement shows $21K and no 10K MQM bonus?!?
Old May 21, 15, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.1MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LVC everywhere
Different systems. The AMEX 10K and 15K are pushed from AMEX to Delta. The spend level is based on a Delta requetsted sweep and is not done for every account, every day.

The only time the discrepancy in timing matters is if you've moved up a level. If you've met the annual spend to requalify for the next year, what difference does it make if it takes a few extra days to post.
Old May 21, 15, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Spire, others
Originally Posted by cottonpatch View Post
Go check your AMEX spending, I suspect it's a timing difference on the waiver register. It'll catch up soon because your AMEX spending is probably already there. Thanks, BTW, you've expanded my vocabulary. I had no idea what "anomalous" meant.
I know it's a timing difference, I was just amused that the two different things based on (supposedly) the same threshold didn't coincide.

Spending to date is comfortably over $25K (but I don't know if it will hit $50K).
Old May 21, 15, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by sethb View Post
I know it's a timing difference, I was just amused that the two different things based on (supposedly) the same threshold didn't coincide.

Spending to date is comfortably over $25K (but I don't know if it will hit $50K).
I'm in the same boat. Mine is comfortably over $30K but I'm not sure if I'll hit $60K. Ironically, for the first time ever, not only have I been booked every week this year for work (minus vacation), I've also predominately been flying to competition heavy vacation spots. My average flight has been right around $300. My MQMs are above PM but my MQDs are still SM.
Old May 21, 15, 10:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post

OK, so, I was looking for the 10K MQMs to post when my statement date came around, which was on Monday, and NOTHING! So, I checked my Spend $$$$ on my statement, and it says $21,000ish year to date?!?!?
Did you check your "My Delta" page? there it has a footnote (no.2), showing up to what date the spend is current. Mine today is still showing May 5.
Old May 21, 15, 11:12 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry View Post
Did you check your "My Delta" page? there it has a footnote (no.2), showing up to what date the spend is current. Mine today is still showing May 5.
Interesting. I never saw that before.

It says:

Card spend MQD waiver $25K+

current as of May 6, 2015

But, like I said earlier, my May 18 statement says year to date eligible spend is $21K+.

Any thoughts?
Old May 22, 15, 7:21 am
Used to be 'roachjl'

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yohanson View Post
I'm in the same boat. Mine is comfortably over $30K but I'm not sure if I'll hit $60K. Ironically, for the first time ever, not only have I been booked every week this year for work (minus vacation), I've also predominately been flying to competition heavy vacation spots. My average flight has been right around $300. My MQMs are above PM but my MQDs are still SM.
If your spending is comfortably over 30K why do you care about MQD. You should have a waiver because of your card spend.
Old May 22, 15, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BlueStreak17 View Post
If your spending is comfortably over 30K why do you care about MQD. You should have a waiver because of your card spend.
Long-term there's no reason to care. It's just an interesting point how MQD can affect status in the absence of the Amex waiver. (Also, it might matter for timing: if I weren't already Platinum from last year, my Platinum-level MQMs last month wouldn't have made me Platinum until the waiver kicks in.)
Old May 22, 15, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
Interesting. I never saw that before.

It says:

Card spend MQD waiver $25K+

current as of May 6, 2015

But, like I said earlier, my May 18 statement says year to date eligible spend is $21K+.

Any thoughts?
As soon as you hit the waiver they stop tracking and the date will no longer update. Last year I hit my limit on May 31, and the rest of the year that was the date that was showing.
Old May 22, 15, 8:24 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by BlueStreak17 View Post
I don't care. Usually it's the other way around.
Old May 22, 15, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry View Post
As soon as you hit the waiver they stop tracking and the date will no longer update. Last year I hit my limit on May 31, and the rest of the year that was the date that was showing.
Yes, but my point is, that. . . .

How could DL say that my spend is $25K as of May 6, but my Amex statement only shows $21K as of May 18?
Old May 22, 15, 9:05 am

That is strange indeed, don't know why

Search this Thread
Search Engine: