Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

does buying FC on one leg, increase chance for comp UG on the other leg?

Old May 16, 15, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold

hope this question makes sense. I've taken, probably, three trips this year where I purchased (with $) a FC segment for one leg of a trip when I thought the BFU would be tough to get. It seem that I've been UG at the 7 day window or 6 day window on all three of those trips and I'm wondering if my having purchased FC for one leg, had anything to do with the early timing of getting the UG, or even whether I got the UG at all. I know any answers will be speculative but just wondering if others have similarly seen that? thanks.
Old May 16, 15, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Never heard of it but since you are open to wild speculation...

Maybe your second legs are easier UG's. Would help to have some itin examples.

Maybe it is day of the week, maybe time of the day, maybe airport selection, maybe traveling alone, maybe... maybe... maybe...
Old May 16, 15, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Maybe it is day of the week, maybe time of the day, maybe airport selection, maybe traveling alone, maybe... maybe... maybe...
Yep, gonna need to be a little more specific, at least day of week and routing for each leg.

It is very possible your buying FC on the leg you wouldn't stand a chance of getting the upgrade on and the others are just easy upgrades for someone at the PM level.
Old May 16, 15, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
OP here. FINE, force me to use my ever-failing memory. LOL. Fair enough point though. I THINK the flights were as follows

UG on DCA-ATL-MSY and bought FC MSY-DTW-DCA, D.OW. was Friday outbound Sunday return.

UG on DCA-ATL-FLL on Wednesday and bought FC on BOS-ATL-FLL on a Friday (open jaw here obviously)

Bought FC on BOS-MSP on Friday afternoon and UG on MSP-BWI on Sunday evening....
Thanks to previous replies and any others...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.