Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL 2594 Slide Deployment - 5/12/2015

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2015, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle, IHG Gold
DL 2594 Slide Deployment - 5/12/2015

DL2594, A320 scheduled from DEN to LGA had an accidental slide deployment. I heard from a DL gate agent that a flight attendant accidentally deployed it. Appears to have happened sometime between unloading the inbound and boarding the outbound. Anyone have additional details?

Old May 13, 2015, 12:50 pm

Looks like someone didn't "cross check".
Old May 13, 2015, 1:07 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Thats an expensive oops. Glad to see no one was close by when it deployed, they have the force to kill.
Old May 13, 2015, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
Thats an expensive oops. Glad to see no one was close by when it deployed, they have the force to kill.
Would there be consequences for the FA who did it?

IIRC tug drivers and similar are severely dinged when they cause damage to equipment.
Old May 13, 2015, 3:01 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Would there be consequences for the FA who did it?

IIRC tug drivers and similar are severely dinged when they cause damage to equipment.
Probably depends on the situation but I imagine if it was a failure on the FA's part they may be dinged and/or fired. There have been stories on FT about this happening before. Here is an old thread on an air crew forum about accidental slide deployment: http://www.airlinecrew.net/vbulletin.../t-167901.html

I think repacking a slide is north of $25k - a good chunk of an FA's annual salary.
http://gadling.com/2010/08/16/ask-ga...an-airplane-e/

Last edited by TTT; May 13, 2015 at 3:09 pm
Old May 13, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
Probably depends on the situation but I imagine if it was a failure on the FA's part they may be dinged and/or fired. There have been stories on FT about this happening before. Here is an old thread on an air crew forum about accidental slide deployment: http://www.airlinecrew.net/vbulletin.../t-167901.html

I think repacking a slide is north of $25k - a good chunk of an FA's annual salary.
http://gadling.com/2010/08/16/ask-ga...an-airplane-e/
Ouch.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: Former Diamond
Oh, I thought you all saw the news this morning:

New Enhancement
Economy Cargo Fare for cargo hold seating. During boarding you enter and slide down to where you then ride the ramp to your seat on your baggage. Helps improve overhead bin space and seats for shenas. Tickets are nonrefundable and you can only pay with cash.
Old May 13, 2015, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by MrAAUGA

New Enhancement
Economy Cargo Fare for cargo hold seating. During boarding you enter and slide down to where you then ride the ramp to your seat on your baggage. Helps improve overhead bin space and seats for shenas. Tickets are nonrefundable and you can only pay with cash.
And please note that the A/C is "Full Blast" and you should dress like you are going for a trip to the Arctic. Oxygen breathing apparatus and set-up is recommended but not mandatory and our friendly Delta Crew will be happy to rent you one for the duration of the trip. Payments can be made using your Delta Credit Card, Skymiles or e-Travel Vouchers. We believe this is a world first and Delta is proud to have pioneered this latest form of travel. As a launch promo, passengers will earn twice the MQM and a bonus 5,000 skymiles.
Old May 13, 2015, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC

New Enhancement
Cost is per status.

FO 29
GM 39
PM 49
DM 99
Old May 13, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver

New Enhancement
As FO, can I slide down the ramp before non-status pax? Also, can I use SkyPesos to upgrade to the temperature controlled baggage compartment?

Thread coming soon: A Non-Rev sat on on Tumi
Old May 13, 2015, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta GM, AMEX Reserve
How much to upgrade to Cargo Plus? Also, is there a Cargo 1 for Long Haul International?
Old May 13, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
Is my checked bag guaranteed to hit the Tarmac before me??
Old May 13, 2015, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by houserulz77
As FO, can I slide down the ramp before non-status pax? Also, can I use SkyPesos to upgrade to the temperature controlled baggage compartment?

Thread coming soon: A Non-Rev sat on on Tumi
Do you want to fly with the dogs?
Old May 13, 2015, 7:47 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you want to fly with the dogs?
Based on the threads I have seen related to pets on planes, doesn't seem like a bad way to go.
Old May 13, 2015, 7:49 pm

Only if one is an official celebrity dog.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.