Odd SDC Issue on delta.com

Old May 12, 15, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LTPP, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Unhappy Odd SDC Issue on delta.com

Flying the return leg today DCA-ATL on a V fare. Going online this morning to SDC to a later flight, the confirmation screen came up with a $0 fare difference, but a change fee of $200, and a message indicating I was not upgrade eligible.

I was wondering if it was trying to put me into a Basic Economy fare, but I didn't believe those were changeable at all, and when I booked the ticket I specifically paid the ~$20 difference for a Main Cabin ticket. I also know it was booked this way since I got my complimentary Medallion upgrade on the outbound ATL-DCA last week.

Called into the Medallion line and the agent was puzzled about the site trying to charge the change fee, but she reissued a ticket for later today on my desired flight without fee, and I'm sitting on the upgrade list.

I'm curious if anyone else has seen this recently, or if it's just a website glitch?
Old May 12, 15, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
If its something strange with the website, then its likely a 'world class' IT bug.
Old May 12, 15, 11:46 am

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
Yeah prob post it here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...hread-120.html
Old May 12, 15, 4:30 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
By any chance, did you click on the "change flights" link before or after you clicked "check in"?

If you don't click "check in" first, it treats the change as a regular flight change with a penalty and not a SDC.
Old May 12, 15, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
I have been having the same issue. It actually has made all of my flights on the itinerary not eligible for upgrades, even ones that I have already have been upgraded.

Last edited by Esltroy; May 12, 15 at 5:38 pm
Old May 13, 15, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LTPP, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
By any chance, did you click on the "change flights" link before or after you clicked "check in"?

If you don't click "check in" first, it treats the change as a regular flight change with a penalty and not a SDC.
Good question. I hadn't clicked "check in" yet. Apologies for this being a dumb question, but I'm assuming you just click the link, but don't fully proceed with check in, since then you'd have to be un-checked-in by an agent in order to change?
Old May 13, 15, 11:15 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by 404flyer View Post
Good question. I hadn't clicked "check in" yet. Apologies for this being a dumb question, but I'm assuming you just click the link, but don't fully proceed with check in, since then you'd have to be un-checked-in by an agent in order to change?
That was your problem. First you click "check-in". Then you click "change flights". You are then offered SDC options, if any. Then you proceed with actual check-in. You can view SDC options without completing check-in.

The thing is, how would people actually know this.

I alwayz call to SDC, after I've already checked KVS to see what's available in my fare class.

Last edited by davetravels; May 13, 15 at 11:21 am
Old May 13, 15, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb./LTP
How have I never known that you could SDC through the website? I've always called because I thought that was the only way to do it.
Old May 13, 15, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by 13thandseven View Post
How have I never known that you could SDC through the website? I've always called because I thought that was the only way to do it.
Well, i have never actually followed thru completely til the bitter end. I often find that there are options available that DL.com doesn't offer by using KVS. Certainly co-terminal options NEVER show up, so, I alwayz call. It's just interesting sometimes to see what's offered.
Old May 14, 15, 11:23 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
I've managed to SDC a couple of times just using the "Change" option from the My Trips page. Never knew you had to start the checkin process to SDC. That being said, I'm having the same problems today. Trying to SDC but all the options presented have fees AND say upgrade not eligible (not that I'd get one anyway, but it's strange). This is happening whether I start the checkin process or not.
Good times.
Old May 14, 15, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've always called to SDC. I don't trust delta.dumb or the app not to cancel my curreent flight/seats/upgrade when I start to look at options.
Old May 14, 15, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I've always called to SDC. I don't trust delta.dumb or the app not to cancel my curreent flight/seats/upgrade when I start to look at options.
This. I can count the number of times SDC has worked correctly for me online with 2 fingers.
Old May 14, 15, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
This. I can count the number of times SDC has worked correctly for me online with 2 fingers.
Same here.

I was in a meeting the other day and tried to do it online. Looked like it was working, even allowed me to select a seat, then when I went to check in for the new flight it said it could not validate the ticket (even after waiting a few minutes thinking it had to process the reticketing).

Ended up tweeting DLAssist who said the system got "stuck" during the reticketing process, and they had to manually reissue.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: