Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX showers open, new bathrooms open...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM

Looks like no one has posted yet:

The new showers and bathrooms are open at LAX, as of yesterday according to the woman who checked me in. And you cannot buy a One-Day Pass here due to renovations FWIW.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
That's fantastic news kthomas! Thanks for the info. Will be transiting through LAX, atleast 4 times next month and it will be very useful!

Quick question about the one-day pass: So, if you buy the pass online/another SC, can you use it here, or are they NOT ACCEPTING One-Day Passes at all? And what about AMEX Platinum/Cent/DL Reserve cardholders, can they still use it??
Old May 11, 2015, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

W-R-T:

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Quick question about the one-day pass: So, if you buy the pass online/another SC, can you use it here, or are they NOT ACCEPTING One-Day Passes at all? And what about AMEX Platinum/Cent/DL Reserve cardholders, can they still use it??
I believe your only option is a physical pass. If you physically purchase at a previous SC in your itinerary, I don't know. I noticed last night, that the SC option was not offered online for LAX in Trip Extras in my itinerary. YMMV.

Cardholder benefits still seem to apply.

Last edited by kthomas; May 11, 2015 at 9:50 pm Reason: // clarify
Old May 11, 2015, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by kthomas
W-R-T:

I believe your only option is a physical pass. If you physically purchase at a previous SC in your itinerary, I don't know. I noticed last night, that the SC option was not offered online for LAX in Trip Extras in my itinerary. YMMV.

Cardholder benefits still seem to apply.
This is good to know! Thanks. Great info! However, I am not clear on one point: did you try asking if they were offering One-Day passes for sale at the club for walk-ins? Sometimes DL might not offer the passes for sale online, but you can buy them as a walk-in, in the SC. Noticed it a couple of times myself, but never really tried it.
Old May 11, 2015, 9:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
As crowded as the LAX club is you'll have to pair up with someone else if you want any chance of using the showers.

Last edited by readywhenyouare; May 11, 2015 at 10:08 pm
Old May 11, 2015, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How many showers are there and how large are they? Are there still toilets and sinks in the shower rooms?
Old May 11, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I believe the club was slated to have four showers with included toilets/sinks (note that these were already complete and being used as the restrooms during the renovation. It would be great if someone could reconfirm that detail, though.

This is great news - thanks for the update!
Old May 11, 2015, 10:28 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Before the latest renovations, the LAX SC seemed to have two quite nice and stylish showers, both with ensuite toilets and sinks.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is good to know! Thanks. Great info! However, I am not clear on one point: did you try asking if they were offering One-Day passes for sale at the club for walk-ins? Sometimes DL might not offer the passes for sale online, but you can buy them as a walk-in, in the SC. Noticed it a couple of times myself, but never really tried it.
Not quite understanding your question. Subject to possible capacity issues, any Sky Club will sell you a $50 day pass for entry based on my understanding. The reduced price day passes sold online are the same as those sold in clubs and allow access to multiple clubs on the same day. The DL AMEX $29 "access" benefit is not the same as a day pass and is not good for entry in multiple airports on the same day.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
No one in LA has had more facelifts than the Sky Club has...
Old May 12, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
nice!! it was still in renovations the last time I visited.. Gotta swing through sometime soon to check it out, thanks for the heads up!
Old May 12, 2015, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Not quite understanding your question. Subject to possible capacity issues, any Sky Club will sell you a $50 day pass for entry based on my understanding. The reduced price day passes sold online are the same as those sold in clubs and allow access to multiple clubs on the same day. The DL AMEX $29 "access" benefit is not the same as a day pass and is not good for entry in multiple airports on the same day.
My question was in reference to kthomas' reply in post#3. It was stated that the renovated/'new' LAX SC was not selling One-Day passes online (in conjunction with OP's itinerary/trip)?! So I was asking if the OP asked the LAX SC agents if one-day passes are available for sale during his (presumably) recent visit?
Old May 12, 2015, 10:34 am
Original Poster

However, I am not clear on one point: did you try asking if they were offering One-Day passes for sale at the club for walk-ins?
They were not selling passes to walk-ins, which caused some "issues."

I didn't attempt to use the showers, from previous visits over the past 6 weeks, there did seem to be four of them (which were being used as bathrooms) and they were fairly large.

Now if only they have exhaust fans, and/or they will clean the vents .
Old May 12, 2015, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by 18sas
No one in LA has had more facelifts than the Sky Club has...
As a Los Angeles resident I can confirm you are wrong on that point
Old May 12, 2015, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer
As a Los Angeles resident I can confirm you are wrong on that point
Just how many facelifts have you had?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.