Wiki Posts
Search

767-400 USB Power Question

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2015, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

767-400 USB Power Question

Hello,

I recently took a roundtrip flight from ATL-AMS. DL 74 and DL 75 respectively on a 767-400.

When I booked, the seat map clearly showed that USB power was available at every seat in the main cabin. Furthermore, when I checked the Sky Magazine, it also stated that the 767-400 had USB power available in every seat on the plane.

When I boarded both flights I was quite surprised to see that there was no USB power at any seat in the main cabin. Since I expected and needed this power, I was not overly happy.

Upon my return I emailed Delta customer service to ask why two different sources told me one thing, while the reality was quite different. All I received back was a canned response that did not even answer my specific questions. I was told that USB is only available on some seats and that the seat map will let you know what is available when you do seat selection. They did give me an extra 7,500 miles for my inconvenience, but I would rather have a clean explanation.

Is this a common occurrence on the 767-400? I have flights booked from ATL-MUC later this month and ZRH-JFK next month that are both on 767-400 planes, and I am trying to determine what to expect.
Old May 11, 2015, 3:07 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I think this may be mislabeled by Delta. The 767-300ERs all have USB power at every seat AFAIK, but the 767-400s were refurbished earlier with a slightly less elaborate IFE system, and therefore may not have the USB power.

AFAIK all 767-400s are the same, so your previous experience is likely to be repeated.

There are definitely standard power outlets at all seats on the 767-400 up to row 24, so if power is important to you, it may be worth buying a Comfort+ seat.
Old May 12, 2015, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Interesting, as I have now found it in three separate places where it is stated that a 767-400 has USB power at every seat. In the Sky Magazine, on the aircraft specification section of the website, and on the map where I do seat selection. That's an awful lot of places for something to be mislabeled.

DL customer service is not helpful. All I can get back is a canned response from them that the seat map lets me know what amenities are on the plane.
Old May 12, 2015, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
On the 764s, it's down below the seat - functionality really varies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.