Skyclub Access

Old May 13, 15, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by TTT
As a STE+ you will have access to the SkyTeam lounge in LHR with your AF boarding pass (departing passenger on a SkyTeam international itinerary).

In CDG you will have access to the AF departures lounge before your CDG-ATL flight as a STE+ (departing passenger on a SkyTeam international itinerary).
Thanks for some reason I thought that STE+ no longer got me anything in International Lounges! (Of course my research on Heathrow also discovered that I apparently can access the SkyTeam lounge with my Diner's Club too) Would have liked to see the Virgin Lounge but...
Old May 13, 15, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Thanks for some reason I thought that STE+ no longer got me anything in International Lounges! (Of course my research on Heathrow also discovered that I apparently can access the SkyTeam lounge with my Diner's Club too) Would have liked to see the Virgin Lounge but...
SkyTeam ElitePlus on DL coach ticket no longer gets you into contract lounges, but it's still good for any SkyTeam partner operated lounge when you're on a SkyTeam international itinerary.

Use the VS business class boarding pass for their lounge, and then the AF international tickets and your DM card to access any AF lounge except for the special AF arrivals lounge at CDG.
Old May 13, 15, 12:38 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter
Just not at partner lounges. You still have access to ST lounges on a ST international itinerary.
Old May 13, 15, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
Just not at partner lounges. You still have access to ST lounges on a ST international itinerary.
However, many other SkyTeam members still are willing to send ElitePlus coach passengers to contract lounges. For AF flights, it's up to AF if they permit contract lounges, etc.
Old May 13, 15, 1:26 pm

Thanks again everyone
Old May 16, 15, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Hi All

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I've searched and not found a definitive answer;

As a family (2 adults, 2 children) we are travelling to Orlando in October from the UK.

Because I'm using my BA Avios the only flight I could get close was to ATL. We have decided to stay at a hotel there and fly to MCO the following day.

Although a frequent traveller around Europe my contact with US domestic services is extremely limited. I have found a fare on that route for the day I need at $155 in the main cabin or $203 in First, as it will cost me $25 (?) for each suitcase if I book in the main cabin I thought I might as well go First.

My question is this - In the UK & Europe First/Business class travel guarantees lounge access without prejudice, but from what I read on the Delta website this may not be the case for US domestic travel.

As a one off Delta customer I have no Skyteam etc membership and being a UK resident I have a Platinum Amex card but it's BA not Delta!! Does that mean we will not be able to access a lounge at ATL?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

N
Old May 16, 15, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No lounge access for US domestic First flights (this is not unique to DL, UA and AA are the same). A BA or DL branded Platinum AMEX does not provide free lounge access (the DL branded one has a $29 "reduced fee" access option). Only an un-branded $450/450 per year Platinum AMEX will get you into a DL lounge for free and only the cardholder gets in free (1 or 2 guests or family members can get in for $29/each)

Last edited by xliioper; May 16, 15 at 7:21 pm
Old May 17, 15, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Blue
Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.