Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Found something interesting on my seat in First today..

Found something interesting on my seat in First today..

Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:36 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by dorisrpas
Thanks for the clarification.
You Betcha!

THese little things are individual to each station. So one station may just give a note of thanks. Others may give out a specialized pen or upgraded candy. It's a small offering to those in the F cabin that are intended to make everyone feel the Delta difference.

Each station is at liberty to do what they think is appropriate. So the levels will be inconsistent. Which is in a way a good thing since you never know when to expect a kind gesture. It is a part of the service from the heart and the Delta Difference.

In my opinion I think if you found these gestures nice it would be good to mention them in your survey that you felt appreciation. Since those things are done mostly by the frontline staff and management in most cases takes input from the frontline staff on what to do. Again the reason for the varied availability and what is offered.

I hope that helps!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
I got one too, I can't remember which leg it was because i flew so much this week but it was very nice.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Found this little bag of chocolates & some cookies waiting for us on our MSP-SEA flight, and received the handwritten Thank You card from the FC FA.

Nice touch...

Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:53 pm

Nice touch for certain, but based on many past experiences I don't feel I can trust Delta to manage their frequent flyer program with integrity and in a customer friendly manner, so I choose to take all my business elsewhere.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Whenever I have flown from LHR back to ATL/DTW/JFK/MSP/SEA, I have always found a hand-written "Thank You For Being A Diamond Medallion" card put on my seat. Classy touch from the UK peeps!

Last edited by audidudi; Apr 24, 2015 at 9:26 pm
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer
Nice touch for certain, but based on many past experiences I don't feel I can trust Delta to manage their frequent flyer program with integrity and in a customer friendly manner, so I choose to take all my business elsewhere.
Cool story bro
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by Esltroy
This morning while flying from MDT to DTW I found the usual water bottle, pillow, and blanket. The interesting thing was that it also had two chocolates and this nice card from delta on the seat. This is the first time I have seen this. Is today customer appreciation day? It was on all of the F seats.
Well, if they just start adding prayer cards in F for all their ex-SEA flyers, they'll be able to better compete with AS!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: FB Plat
Being AMS based, I know that Klm gives lots of variation in flight crew destinations. I like the fact that Delta seems to have more continuity in a route.

Last week I travelled DUS - ATL - DUS
and had (partly) the same crew which is a nice experience for pax.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
As long as one doesn't sit in the chocolate, that's nice
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by paul21
I once got a birthday card from CHA
Same for me with some chocolates. I think it's easier for the smaller stations to notice these things
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The thank you card was a regular with NRT ATL flights for a while. I got them on all flights NRT ATL or ATL NRT after earning DM even seated in EC/C+. It was only for about a year or two right after DM level was introduced.

It was personally delivered.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
MDT is my home airport - Steve, who works everything from ramp to redcoat, is truly one of the best DL ambassadors there is
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Originally Posted by audidudi
Whenever I have flown from LHR back to ATL/DTW/JFK/MSP/SEA, I have always found a hand-written "Thank You For Being A Diamond Medallion" card put on my seat. Classy touch from the UK peeps!
I got a rock . . . (since I'm only a PM).

I was flying LHR-ATL last fall in Y, and this card was in my seat with a couple of bottles of water. It was addressed to me (top left of the card).

Still a nice touch. Next time we flew out of LHR I found the redcoat and thanked her for the card/water.

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=...IBnYh4l5k2TGxc

Last edited by DYKWIA2014; Apr 25, 2015 at 11:49 am
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, HH Lifetime Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marrriott Silver, SPG, National Exec Elite
on Trans-cons I got a hand written note from the Captain a couple times on United a few years back. Agreed, a little note goes a long way. Even in hotels when there is a short note from the maid; granted for a tip, but still a nice touch.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by MCOGUY
on Trans-cons I got a hand written note from the Captain a couple times on United a few years back. Agreed, a little note goes a long way. Even in hotels when there is a short note from the maid; granted for a tip, but still a nice touch.
I have only seen the note from hotel housekeeping in countries with tip everyone culture.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.