Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

OMG -- Virgin Atlantic adopts Deltamatic

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OMG -- Virgin Atlantic adopts Deltamatic

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TTT
Sorry - I don't see what you did. Were you nesting reservations within one ticket?
I'll try and simplify this. I booked a roundtrip ticket. The only unique thing about it was that MCO was both the origin and the destination. So the roundtrip ticket was MCO-ATL-MCO --two weeks later-- MCO-ATL-MCO. The first trip I just fooled around in Atlanta for the day and came back home. The second trip was the day that I actually needed to be in Atlanta and came back home.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:27 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'll try and simplify this. I booked a roundtrip ticket. The only unique thing about it was that MCO was both the origin and the destination. So the roundtrip ticket was MCO-ATL-MCO --two weeks later-- MCO-ATL-MCO. The first trip I just fooled around in Atlanta for the day and came back home. The second trip was the day that I actually needed to be in Atlanta and came back home.
Interesting.

How did you even get that to ticket? As far as I know, DL.com won't let the origin and destination be the same when searching. I assume this was a while ago? The multi-city search seems to be broken after the third segment now...
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
So it was basically a round trip itinerary to MCO, leaving from MCO? No wonder Deltamatic choked on it. How on earth did you manage to book that?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kettle1
So what is the problem? Photos to prove it, or it did not happen.
You've been around here long and enough and should know that I don't make stuff up. So right back at you.

Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
I was kidding and that is why I threw a on the end.

How were the flts?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: dl dm, *g
Isn't half of VS owned by DL?
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
49% is owned by DL.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by realjd
Other than the stupid website award calendar, have you ever had any actual issues with Delta's reservation systems?
Yes, there are perfectly legal itineraries that just don't show up on search. I find them on ITA but have to CALL DL to get the ticket.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 8:24 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Yes, there are perfectly legal itineraries that just don't show up on search. I find them on ITA but have to CALL DL to get the ticket.
That is more of a function of the deficiencies in the website than Deltamatic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.