FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta gives my ticket to someone else. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1672679-delta-gives-my-ticket-someone-else.html)

urengoy Apr 16, 2015 6:06 pm

Delta gives my ticket to someone else.

I was flying Delta on Thursday before Easter from DTW to LGA. Purchased ticket at the last minute and the only available speat was 30C.

Towards the end of the boarding I saw a gate attendant ("GA") giving upgrade ticket to a guy in 29C but called him with my name. The guy grabbed the ticket and ran to 1A immediately. I asked GA was that ticket for 29C or 30C because he called my name and he told me that it was for 30C. I was like ..., you gave my ticket to someone else. He then told me to follow him to the front. Once we get to the front he tried to kick a guy from 3B back to 29C. I told him that he should talk to a person in 1A not 3B. he then just turned around and left the plane. I then went to a FA and explained her situation that they gave my ticket to a person in 1A. (The guy heard us but was staring at the window) I also told he to check his ticket. Instead of asking the guy for a ticket she told me to go back to my 30C seat otherwise she will call a police to kick me out of the plane. I was polite and tried to show her on my phone that I 1A is my new seat but she didn't even look. So I went back to 30C which was already occupied by someone else since I was upgraded to 1A. I told that to another FA but she told me to seat in 29C since it was the last available seat on a plane and offer me a free wine.

Once landed in LGA I asked first stewardess her name so I could report her and showed here my electronic ticket. She told me that she is sorry and turned around.

Of course I complained in airport but they offered me 2500 miles and told me to contact Delta.

UpgradeMe Apr 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Stewardess?

urengoy Apr 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe (Post 24676669)
Stewardess?

Stewardess = Flight Attendant.

Navig8R Apr 16, 2015 6:38 pm

Was Sasquatch on this flight too?

urengoy Apr 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Navig8R (Post 24676704)
Was Sasquatch on this flight too?

Have no idea.

CDR9317 Apr 16, 2015 8:01 pm

If you had evidence that your seat was 1A (phone), you should have gone to that seat and asked him to move. In case he refuses then the FA would have verified the boarding pass therefore solving the situation. I am
Not saying the FA was correct by threatening you with calling the police but she was probably trying to get everybody in their seats ASAP.

droidcore Apr 16, 2015 8:45 pm

I just couldn't ever see myself letting this happen. Cowboy up.

urengoy Apr 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by CDR9317 (Post 24676996)
If you had evidence that your seat was 1A (phone), you should have gone to that seat and asked him to move. In case he refuses then the FA would have verified the boarding pass therefore solving the situation. I am
Not saying the FA was correct by threatening you with calling the police but she was probably trying to get everybody in their seats ASAP.

He was looking at the window and refused to talk.

xolinlevh Apr 16, 2015 10:34 pm

Wait....how did the GA page you for your upgrade? Ive never heard of them calling people up by seat number. Every time i get a gate upgrade they page you by name. Either way, you should have stood your ground and shown them the electronic boarding pass for the upgraded seat

readywhenyouare Apr 16, 2015 10:47 pm

I would have told her to go ahead and call the police. It's illegal to leave with an inaccurate passenger manifest. For the most part DL has very good flight attendants. But when you run into a bad one they are usually really bad. I had an awful one on DCA-ATL. She had an attitude and was telling people to put their seat backs up when we started the initial descent. I told her that wasn't required until we reach 10,000 feet and she looked at me like I was crazy.

dungeonlurker Apr 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 24677514)
Wait....how did the GA page you for your upgrade? Ive never heard of them calling people up by seat number. Every time i get a gate upgrade they page you by name. Either way, you should have stood your ground and shown them the electronic boarding pass for the upgraded seat

Sounds like the GA came aboard the aircraft and came to his seat to pull him up - except the GA missed by one row.

FlyingUnderTheRadar Apr 17, 2015 12:29 am

When you start getting crap from the GA and the FA you ask for the pilot. If the pilot is no help you about all you can do is 1) leave the plane or 2) start asking for names and take a seat.

However, once they make threats of calling the cops - let them do that because at that point 1) the plane will be delayed and 2) there is will be an incident report.

JohnnyRockets Apr 17, 2015 12:54 am

Conspiracy Theories.

Lucky (for the FA) they didn't put someone else in 29C

PayItForward Apr 17, 2015 1:14 am

This is all so wrong. I would expect DL will eventually make good for you should you make a feedback. Maybe the person at 3B was a NRSA? Just a thought. I would say press with your feedback if only for the fact that the GA and FA did not do their job properly.

Navig8R Apr 17, 2015 5:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar (Post 24677779)
When you start getting crap from the GA and the FA you ask for the pilot. If the pilot is no help you about all you can do is 1) leave the plane or 2) start asking for names and take a seat.

However, once they make threats of calling the cops - let them do that because at that point 1) the plane will be delayed and 2) there is will be an incident report.

Seriously? Let's ruin the schedule for the rest of the passengers on the plane so someone can get their upgrade? This is an extremely selfish mentality.

BTW, you are only getting one side of the story so the truth is most likely somewhere in the middle, meaning not as bad as it sounds.