Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New passenger put between us

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
OP bought 2 seats to get from A-B - that's it. DL will provide that. Nothing more. Enjoy. Safe travels.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I think Delta still does "middle seat Mondays." If you don't book the middle seat; but swap into it after boarding, then you won't get the 500 mile bonus.
Maybe it's because it's Sunday night here, but I don't have clue about what you are talking.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
Maybe it's because it's Sunday night here, but I don't have clue about what you are talking.
^
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowgie

I think Delta still does "middle seat Mondays." If you don't book the middle seat; but swap into it after boarding, then you won't get the 500 mile bonus.

Quite an interesting username you have there.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Bear4Asian is a great username. Pattaya Beach, Thailand comes to mind.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:52 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by TTT
You're right - the middle person has the leverage. In any case, a couple sitting together will have more space if they are next to each other so IMO that is the better option even if it is the window/middle combo.
I don't think the middle person has leverage at all. It is at the mercy of A and C person. You can be a lousy couple and talk loudly (better yer, have an argument) over your neighbor's seat all the way to HNL.
On the other hand A can lean on to the window and annoyingly climb over B quite often to the lav. C can have the perks of aisle seat.

As you can see, it sucks to be in middle. The false leverage is just to mentally make up the misfortune.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Originally Posted by kettle1
Bear4Asian is a great username. Pattaya Beach, Thailand comes to mind.
It was carefully chosen many years ago and has served me well. 😇 almost 20 years with the same Asian.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 2:33 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by gloyster
I've had this happen to myself and my houseboy a few times and they offered us jump seats in the cockpit as compensation.
Did you leave your maid in her original seat?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
OP: Don't listen to these people....you're absolutely right demanding two J seats for your atrocious troubles.

Quite frankly, forget J - you should be asking for vouchers on: http://www.deltaprivatejets.com/
Old Apr 14, 2015, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
OP: Don't listen to these people....you're absolutely right demanding two J seats for your atrocious troubles.

Quite frankly, forget J - you should be asking for vouchers on: http://www.deltaprivatejets.com/
^
Sounds like a reasonable demand!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Since the OP has never returned it's possible that he took a course in reading comprehension and read the T&C's, original seat maps, etc.

In any case, since the thread is no longer meaningful, how about a mod shutting it down?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Father-of-3
I swear I think I have mild cases of both of those. I like to get up often and that's only realistic I the aisle, but I also like to see out the window when we land, otherwise I may get airsick. I want an option for an aisle with a guarantee the window passenger will leave the window open for the final descent. I'd pay extra for that.
Where there's a will (and $$), there's a way:
- Long-haul BE with 1-2-1 seating
- RJs with 1-2 seating
- Buy the whole row on everything else
- DPJ

In all seriousness, I usually go for the aisle because I don't like feeling trapped in the window, but I also love looking out the window. I have a small internal debate every time I open a seat map... The single seats on RJs and long-haul BE are always a joy to ride in.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Since the OP has never returned it's possible that he took a course in reading comprehension and read the T&C's, original seat maps, etc.

In any case, since the thread is no longer meaningful, how about a mod shutting it down?
I agree with your assessment.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.