Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Straw: bloody kleenex and a goldfish

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Straw: bloody kleenex and a goldfish

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
I am also wondering about the straw, the bloody Kleenex, and the goldfish.
So, a straw walks into a delta skyclub. The bartender says, We don't serve your kind here, suck it up.
A bloody Kleenex walks into a delta skyclub. The bartender says, We don't serve your kind here, you blow!
A goldfish walks into a delta skyclub, jumps up on a bar stool, and looks hard at the bartender. He asks the goldfish, "What can I get you?" The fish keeps looking at the guy and gasps: "Water, and not a bottle that was half used by another passenger."
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta Million Miler,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Delta Sky Club
Do come back and let us know how clean the planes are on whatever airline you are moving to...oh, and like other threads like this...don't let the door hit ya...
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Esltroy
I am also wondering about the straw, the bloody Kleenex, and the goldfish.
So, a straw walks into a delta skyclub. The bartender says, We don't serve your kind here, suck it up.
A bloody Kleenex walks into a delta skyclub. The bartender says, We don't serve your kind here, you blow!
A goldfish walks into a delta skyclub, jumps up on a bar stool, and looks hard at the bartender. He asks the goldfish, "What can I get you?" The fish keeps looking at the guy and gasps: "Water, and not a bottle that was half used by another passenger."
^^^
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: DL DM 0.4MM
Originally Posted by sweeper20
Do come back and let us know how clean the planes are on whatever airline you are moving to...oh, and like other threads like this...don't let the door hit ya...
...where the good lord split ya...

In the case of a late flight and they have to do a very fast turnaround, I give the cleaning crew the benefit of the doubt.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by mlsrar
Maybe it won't be, but on the off chance DL reads this, they can try to address the cleaning at the outstation, the grooming company, or the attitude of the FA; change it so no one else leaves.
Delta really doesn't put much stock into anything written on FT. And yes, in my opinion service standards at DL all around are in decline. But they really don't care. It's seems to me that they think that they just don't need to be worse than AA or UA, and with the latter it's a very low bar to clear.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat,DL PM,HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sweeper20
Yep...classic FT.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:50 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
And yes, in my opinion service standards at DL all around are in decline.
I, personally, don't have any real issues with DL "stuff" overall, but, maybe, they've just gotten too big?!?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
I, personally, don't have any real issues with DL "stuff" overall, but, maybe, they've just gotten too big?!?
Could be part of it. For me, DL used to be far superior to its competitors. Increasingly, there is less differentiation between them and their few competitors. There are definitely areas where DL is still better than others, but to me DL isn't clearly such a superior airline all around. The worst thing is that their front-line is supplying much disinformation, and yet DL doesn't provide you the tools to avoid them and do it yourself.

One could argue that DL has made their rules so numerous that it's hard for a DL front-line person (or even IT) to keep track of them, but DL should have considered that before implementing whatever byzantine structure/rules on which they decide. However, this shouldn't be my (the passenger's) problem, and yet increasingly, and as can be seen on this forum, it is.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, etc.
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
I never use the seat pocket as I do not want to ever know what is or was in it.

That said I have been totally unimpressed with Delta and the cleanliness of their aircraft. One would think that with all the marketing of their C+ they would at least clean that part of the cabin. The spooge around the recline on a recent flight in C+ was utterly gross.
Agree on this point. I've been surprised by how dirty the BusinessElite (err, DeltaOne) cabin has been on my last few long-hauls. The seats have really taken a beating, particularly on the 777s. But the standard wear-and-tear stuff doesn't bother me as much as the accumulated dust and filth surrounding the seat -- particularly when I have to stare at it for 10+ hours.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by jascmil
I've been surprised by how dirty the BusinessElite (err, DeltaOne) cabin has been on my last few long-hauls. The seats have really taken a beating, particularly on the 777s. But the standard wear-and-tear stuff doesn't bother me as much as the accumulated dust and filth surrounding the seat -- particularly when I have to stare at it for 10+ hours.
You bring up an interesting point. It's one thing that, smaller aircraft that do new flights every hour or 2 don't get cleaned between every flight, but, one would hope that an aircraft that does 2 long-haul flights a day would get a good wipe down at least once a day.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Seriously??

Disgusting, no doubt. I blame the passenger.

DL has the cleanest airplanes by a long shot.

Did you want 2 hours ground time between flights to scrub on every leg? Fares would double.

I flew UA the other day and the airplane was absolutely filthy.

I save my rage at DL for the website. I have no issues with the operation.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat,DL PM,HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Seriously??

Disgusting, no doubt. I blame the passenger.

DL has the cleanest airplanes by a long shot.

Did you want 2 hours ground time between flights to scrub on every leg? Fares would double.

I flew UA the other day and the airplane was absolutely filthy.

I save my rage at DL for the website. I have no issues with the operation.
Oddly enough, i like their website During the challenge with AA, I found that their website was the worst, followed by US and UA.

I'm not pissed about the trash in the seat. I find garbage and other exciting things in/around seats and its just a part of the dance.

I'm pissed the FA didn't want to pick it up because it was contaminated with blood, and didn't want to find someone who was willing to do it.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Definitely a sub par job by the turnaround cleaning crew. May or may not be DL employees (probably not). Stuff happens, I'd hardly write off travelling on DL because of it.

There are airsick bags in most seat pockets. For things like used tissues, or even banana skins, apple cores, anything somewhat "icky" - why people don't use those bags to put their trash in is beyond me. But people are people and DL can't always account for their courtesy or lack thereof.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by SamuelS
There are airsick bags in most seat pockets. For things like used tissues, or even banana skins, apple cores, anything somewhat "icky" - why people don't use those bags to put their trash in is beyond me.
I'd guess that people are programmed to think that they're only for "airsickness". Perhaps, if they printed something cute on the bags that let people know that it's ok to use them for trash as needed.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'd guess that people are programmed to think that they're only for "airsickness". Perhaps, if they printed something cute on the bags that let people know that it's ok to use them for trash as needed.
British Airways has "waste bag" printed on the side. DL could perhaps do something cute as you say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.