Wiki Posts
Search

unimpressed with F

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-FO, amex platinum, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever
unimpressed with F

My 5th F segment this year last Thursday MSP-RSW.
Used miles for upgrade, on "new" 739, boarding pretty chaotic, flight crew late arrival. No pre departure beverage offered. Was going to take drink of water, found I was provided a pre opened and partiality consumed bottle. Finally 20 minutes after departure FA comes by and I asked him for unopened water, no apology "I'll get you another one.
Whole flight, attendants seemed to be going thru motions.

Contrast, this AM RSW-DTW C+ had almost first class experience.
2 passes snack basket, drink refills. F just not worth it anymore.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: DL DM
I fly First Class on that route about every 10 days. From what I have seen, your experience was not normal as far as service. Every FA has a bad day and you may have caught that. Usually get PDB about 95% of the time. Food is acceptable, but not great. Service is normally very good. Just my $.02 worth.
Boarding is fairly unimpressive with Delta as has been discussed in my other threads of late.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: DL GM
I'll take a poor F experience on the 739 over any experience behind the curtain on this "modern" plane. For flights over an hour I'll take extra segments and associated layovers just to avoid it. It's like flying a regional jet, only with more seats and the opportunity to fight 179 other people for overhead bin space.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-FO, amex platinum, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever
unimpressed with F

Forgot to mention, while I was waiting for the crackerbox lav, overheard FA's comment "I hate this plane".
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
It's a terrible plane. I avoid themat all costs.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:30 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Ya' didn't mention the spontaneous gold carpet being rolled out, or the trumpeters blowing their horns, or the rose petals being scattered as you entered, so, I guess you got those!

Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
unimpressed with F

739 is garbage and should be made into soda cans ASAP
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's OK in FC except for the small lavatory. The mood lighting is fun, plus the entire aircraft looks fresh and new.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's OK in FC except for the small lavatory. The mood lighting is fun, plus the entire aircraft looks fresh and new.
Yeah, I'm sure some University of Phoenix MBA was real proud of themselves for dreaming up the World's smallest Lav so they should shove another half row of Y on the 900.

I really want to like that plane, but the way DL has equipped it makes it terrible.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:36 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HDQDD
Yeah, I'm sure some University of Phoenix MBA was real proud of themselves for dreaming up the World's smallest Lav so they should shove another half row of Y on the 900.

I really want to like that plane, but the way DL has equipped it makes it terrible.
Makes 'ya really eager to see what they'll do with the B737-1000, right?!?

Or the A321 or A350 . . . . .
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by HDQDD

I've never found people of normal size to have any issues with the lav...
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Haven't had the pleasure of flying on one yet, but I here from everyone that has that they are truly awful, even worse than the UA ones. I think Delta needs to send these to the desert and bring back the 757's.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by phenobarbital
I've never found people of normal size to have any issues with the lav...
What a strange observation. Did you survey normal sized people and odd sized people? How large was the sample size. (Get it....sample size...).
Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by airplanegod
I think Delta needs to send these to the desert and bring back the 757's.
Nice pipe dream. Cost per seat mile is 100% of the reason the 739 exists and sells well to airlines. Unless Delta customers actually avoid flying them in sufficient numbers for management to actually see lower load factors and revenue lost to competing airlines, they won't care one tiny bit about all the "I hate the 739" threads on FT.

Most customers don't notice or care what plane they are in. They think they all suck (and in typical Y seats these days, they're not all that wrong), and shop schedule and cost.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Boarding is fairly unimpressive with Delta as has been discussed in my other threads of late.
Delta is my primary airline, but I occasionally use the other majors if I need non-stops, etc. and boarding is a mess with them as well. I chalk this up to passengers need to be on board before anyone else (for various reasons). It's not worth the GA's time to try and corral passengers during the boarding process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.