Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Horrible snack baskets lately

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Ive been noticing a pretty terrible selection of items on the snack backets lately

atleast 5 recent flights (in the past week alone) have been missing several items

the backet contents are pretty disgraceful to begin with but I do sometimes enjoy the goldfish or the chips

lately the baskets have been full of peanuts, pretzels and bananas

no chips, none of those chocolate wafer things, no goldfish

the hell?

on one of the flights, a pax actually got upset about it and let the FA have it. she didnt offer anything complimentary but gave him the optin to purchase a pack of pringles from Y for 3 bucks

ridiculous
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
I think the only time I've seen just peanuts, pretzels, biscoff and bananas was on a 30 minute flight on a CRJ.

That being said, I do agree they've been going downhill.

My two flights today both had the standard new snack basket, with chips, chocolate covered acai berries, chocolate wafers, and a few other things I didn't bother with. I do miss the chocolate they used to have, and the brownie brittle
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

why cant they just get some veggies and ranch dip?

is that so freaking hard? why does everything have to be sweet or salty
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

The next enhancement is for you to cup your hands and they will scoop some cornmeal gruel into them.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:25 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
Wink New "Sheffa" brand snacks on Delta First Class Flights

There is a new snack offered in First/Business called "Sheffa" and comes in 4 varieties:
Sweet; Tasty; Spicy; and one other. It is in a sealed pouch.

It is very good.

I liked it so much I went to Amazon.Com and they didn't even have it in stock yet until recently. They run about $ 3.99 per pouch from Amazon. They just got it in stock and I ordered a case (12 packs in one case) (each pack is a single serving of 1.5 oz each) from Amazon. I ordered a whole box of the "Sweet" and "Tasty" varieties. They were gone immediately in my household (and they are quite filling too!).

If I hadn't been on two Delta flights recently, I would never have known about these treats. I have yet seen them in stores.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by andrewjv
There is a new snack offered in First/Business called "Sheffa" and comes in 4 varieties:

It is very good.

I liked it so much I went to Amazon.Com and they didn't even have it in stock yet until recently. They run about $ 3.99 per pouch from Amazon. They just got it in stock and I ordered a case (12 packs in one case) (each pack is a single serving of 1.5 oz each) from Amazon. I ordered a whole box of the "Sweet" and "Tasty" varieties. They were gone immediately in my household (and they are quite filling too!).

If I hadn't been on two Delta flights recently, I would never have known about these treats. I have yet seen them in stores.
^ +1 for Spicy Sheffa.

$3.99? I need to grab more on my flights.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Remember we were told that once people paid for FC, the product was sure to improve... How is that FCM working out for ya?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:26 am

Notice how the size of the snack basket has also be reduced.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM

It is very good.

Wait until they start serviving Soylent green
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:39 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Hopefully with UA and AA having announced improvements as of late, DL will feel the need to reevaluate certain catering items. AA just announced that it's snack baskets are going away and being replaced with plated (fresh) snack items for flights 700-899 mi departing before 8 pm and for flights 900-999 mi outside of regular meal windows
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:25 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
why cant they just get some veggies and ranch dip?

is that so freaking hard? why does everything have to be sweet or salty
It seems Delta want's the snack basket to be "shelf stable." I agree, something other than carbs would be nice too. Youghurt on a morning flight and some veggies in the afternoon would be really nice!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:27 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond

It is very good.

The Sheffa stuff looks nice, but I haven't been able to try any of them - I have an allergy to at least one ingredient in each of their offerings.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion
New Pricing Update on Sheffa Snacks sure to Hit Richard Anderson In the Pocketbook!

Originally Posted by TTT
The Sheffa stuff looks nice, but I haven't been able to try any of them - I have an allergy to at least one ingredient in each of their offerings.
Originally Posted by TTT
I'm not a drone sent by Amazon.Com to plug their products but all this talk about food reminded me that I am out of "Tasty" Sheffa snacks, so I went
to order a few more packs, and this gives you an idea about how much "DELTA CARES" for its Premium Passengers because they are going the
"EXTRA MILE" when it comes to "snacking...." (sarcasm included):

A 1.5 oz pack (the standard snack size) of "Sheffa Tasty" is: $ 17.35 in a box of 12 or $ 1.44 a piece.

So folks, if you want to lead the "LIFE OF RILEY" when you're on your next "DELTA FLIGHT" go ahead and "GRAB WITH GUSTO"
two packs of the "SHEFFA TASTY" snacks. When Richard Anderson reads his next Balance Sheet or Quarterly Report, he might
"KEEL OVER" when he reads the line item for "EXPENDITURES--SNACKS" because too many passengers are "SNACKING THEIR WAY"
through his bottom line.

:-)
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta PM
ATL-MSP-STT-ATL-MSP last week, and the only things in the snack basket on each leg were peanuts, pretzels, chocolate wafers, and bananas. Pathetic.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
I get a kick out of these threads. A bunch of adults complaining about a snack basket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.