Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Busiest DL station w/o a SkyClub?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:46 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
There were some rumors floating that AA was planning on closing their Admirals club (but AA being firmly the #2 carrier in STL now I doubt it will close).
The only time there were rumors about the Admirals Club is STL closing was right after the tornado hit in 2011. When AA moved to open a temporary club within a month or so, it made their commitment to STL a lot clearer.

Greg
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Originally Posted by puddinhead
Ticketing and baggage claim is at T3, gates at T1. Makes for a long walk for no good reason. Tunnel is between T1 and T3. One more reason to avoid UA.
I still don't quite get the point. Even if ticketing and baggage is in T3, you still have to go to the D Gates for boarding. The UA club is in the D Gates.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by andymo99
SCL has one.
SCL is so bad they'd be better off just closing it.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:38 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by SFO777
SCL is so bad they'd be better off just closing it.
GRU was worse!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by hockeystl
A couple months ago the new STL station manager, Pedro, said he was working on getting a club opened..... but I've been hearing this since the days of Bob Carter and Hank Halter overseeing STL.

And you are correct; the total number of flights/seats out of STL has definitely eroded in the past couple years. The hope of getting BOS and/or LAX seem to be near nil at this point.
The loss of DCA was mainly because of DL's slot swap with US at LGA. I'm not as familiar with what other cuts have been made.

With that said STL does get a lot of mainline and ATL gets a huge amount of daily traffic. I think the club would be a hit and I wouldn't be surprised if STL gave DL a good deal on the space.

I wish DL would have a larger presence at my hometown airport, but it's probably more effort than they are willing to put in. Let's just bring back Ozark.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757

How about smallest club for the most flights (square footage wise?) I feel like EWR with the "Sky Closet" and having 3 daily Euro flights to LHR, CDG, AMS would take the cake!
Sounds brutal! I've never been in it. Is there any elbow room?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:11 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
The LAS club closed about 14 years ago. They were getting killed by the liquor costs. Lots of leisure travelers/conventioneers who had to check out of their hotels early would head straight to the club and drink for many hours for free. I would be very surprised if they reopened a club here for that very reason. Of course, if DL were to begin charging for all alcohol in the clubs I'd bet LAS would move up quickly on the list for reopening.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
The LAS club closed about 14 years ago. They were getting killed by the liquor costs. Lots of leisure travelers/conventioneers who had to check out of their hotels early would head straight to the club and drink for many hours for free. I would be very surprised if they reopened a club here for that very reason. Of course, if DL were to begin charging for all alcohol in the clubs I'd bet LAS would move up quickly on the list for reopening.
Don't give them any ideas.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Well, not exactly "free." "Free" drinks are included in the price of membership (and for those PM's with comped membership, they are "paying" for it via flying tens of thousands of miles a year). As an aside - how would I, as a DL Platinum AmEx card holder, get access to Centurion? Have to pay a hefty daily pass rate?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Yeah $50 per day or get someone to guest you in
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
The UA Club at LAS has some free drink options, similar to SC. I do not see this as an argument
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
If I had a wish list of stations I wanted a SC at the list would include a lot of ones mentioned here: BWI, LAS, MCI and PHX.

BWI has an Airspace lounge at least but wow would I like to not have to sit in the pit that is T3 at PHX.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
The UA Club at LAS has some free drink options, similar to SC. I do not see this as an argument
The information came from the station chief at the time. So take that for what it is worth. Unless it adds to the bottom line in some way, I wouldn't expect DL to reinstate a Sky Club in LAS.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
LAS as discussed and beaten to death here. Really a damn shame... but I get it, and given the choice, no reason to visit a sky closet over the Amex Lounge.

Big surprises for me were DEN and IAH. IAH has the very nice KLM lounge, but it is a long hike. DEN did not really have time to use.

You would have to think... does the skyclub bring more DM's, or DM's for the skyclub?

I would venture to guess if Delta opened up the club, they would get more folks switching to delta in those cities.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by maksimfa
LAS as discussed and beaten to death here. Really a damn shame... but I get it, and given the choice, no reason to visit a sky closet over the Amex Lounge.

Big surprises for me were DEN and IAH. IAH has the very nice KLM lounge, but it is a long hike. DEN did not really have time to use.

You would have to think... does the skyclub bring more DM's, or DM's for the skyclub?

I would venture to guess if Delta opened up the club, they would get more folks switching to delta in those cities.
I agree with this. As I posted up thread. DL bases opening a "new" SC on two main things (I am sure there are more). How many DM's live in that city and the rent. I was told this for many years by Senior DL mgt. I can guarantee that more DM's fly though LAS with approx 60 flts a day than many other cities without a SC. The problem is the DM's do not live in LAS. DM's visit LAS for conventions and leisure travel.

I'll stick with LAS and PHX as cities that could use a SC.

On the other hand.

DL save your money in LAS - I will go with the Centurion Lounge any day over a SC, and I do thanks to AM Exp. http://thecenturionlounge.com/location/LAS

It is GREAT! It is a win-win Vegas style! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.