Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL hardly acknowledging silver medallion anymore?

DL hardly acknowledging silver medallion anymore?

Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by Anudoric
FOs also get priority telephone ticketing assistance over general SM members, complimentary upgrades on many low-traffic routes, Zone 1 boarding, free preferred seats at D-24 hours, and other secondary benefits.
Actually, FOs get Comfort+ free at T-24h and slightly discounted prior to that. They can select any other preferred seat, including exit rows, at booking.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Profchemnerd
As a former FO, I know well that the benefits don't go much beyond those of amex cardholders. But, I was surprised by what I heard on my recent flight. During the FA welcome message, I'm used to hearing "we extend a special welcome to our medallion members" and this last time it was "we extend a special welcome to our diamond, platinum, and gold medallion members."

I see this as further evidence that DM is the new PM, PM is the new GM, GM is the new FO, and FO isn't even really a thing anymore.

I know that one FA greeting is obviously not a definitive sign of change, but I found this sadly hilarious in the face of all of the recent changes.
actually my feeling is that the FF program at delta doesn't mean much of anything anymore. I'm spending a lot more $ on other airlines because the miles can't barely be used for anything useful anymore in my leisure travel and the treatment even for dm's is barely above a regular traveller.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I don't think Delta can just get rid of Silver Medallion unless they want to start giving GM to million milers.
Why would they need to do that?

"In addition, we award complimentary annual Medallion status at the one, two and four million mile tiers."

Four little backspaces to get rid of "one," (and maybe an extra on for the space) and the complimentary is over. No FO, no need to give that away.

Good is the new silver, 2MM is the new 1MM.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Actually, FOs get Comfort+ free at T-24h and slightly discounted prior to that. They can select any other preferred seat, including exit rows, at booking.

I thought the discounts were gone, only free selection at the window?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
I thought the discounts were gone, only free selection at the window?
Maybe that's possible ... I got the discount a short while ago but it may have changed. Exit row and other preferred seat selection (free) was verified yesterday.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Maybe that's possible ... I got the discount a short while ago but it may have changed. Exit row and other preferred seat selection (free) was verified yesterday.
short while ago, as in prior March 1? That's when the new 'free at 24hrs' policy came into effect, with the introduction of C+.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
short while ago, as in prior March 1? That's when the new 'free at 24hrs' policy came into effect, with the introduction of C+.
No. Free at T-24 (whatever you want to call it) has been around for a few years.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:23 pm

im sorry but 25k miles or 30 flights a year is hardly "frequent flyer" material

i don't see why anyone flying such low amounts deserves some special recognition on board
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday

i don't see why anyone flying such low amounts deserves some special recognition on board
Well that settles it then.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. Free at T-24 (whatever you want to call it) has been around for a few years.
Not for international flights it hasn't.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
It started to dwindle around 2011 when DL wouldn't allow Silvers to use premium security lanes at high yield airports like LGA. Now it's nearly impossible to upgrade unless you fly off peak.

Managed to get C+ for free tomorrow on LAX-JFK. Free booze, food, and more legroom is OK by me and better than the back of the bus.

You get used to being at the bottom of the food chain after a while. No question that being a silver on UA is worse than a silver at DL.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NO. Since March 1, EC/C+ seats are free for FOs on all flights, domestic and international. at T-24, but the discount for advanced purchase is gone. Similarly for GM at T-72.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday

^
THIS!

((on board, or anywhere else...it is hardly an accomplishment))
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Pryde987
I can remember back when Silver got priority security line access. If you're silver, you should think they can keep all their verbal thanks and return that service to your allotment.
But that is useless considering I can often access it via GE.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
It started to dwindle around 2011 when DL wouldn't allow Silvers to use premium security lanes at high yield airports like LGA. Now it's nearly impossible to upgrade unless you fly off peak.
NW used to exclude Silver's from the Priority Security lanes at it's hub airports back in the olden days. The concept isn't really that recent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.