Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL hardly acknowledging silver medallion anymore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
~Last four or so segments, it's been "Skymiles members and million milers."
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Whether they thank you or not, FO means very little.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Whether they thank you or not, FO means very little.
Funny, I remember when flying 25K and reaching FO was a big deal but much has changed. Now there are four levels instead of three and it is easy to achieve FO by cc or gift. Seems it was 4-5 yrs ago when GM became the new Silver and that hasn’t changed.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:30 am

I just say Silver since FO isn't intuitive and makes the forum harder for outsiders to understand.

I think they stopped messaging for silver a couple years ago. They give away status like candy when you have the credit card so the pullback make sense.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
Gold is the new Silver
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
I've had Zone 1 boarding and free bag for years with the Amex card, and as an FO with a home base of ATL, I expect absolutely nothing. I'm satisfied with the free exit row seats and the occasional luck of snagging a Comfort + at T-24. Yesterday I lucked into a FC upgrade from BWI-ATL late afternoon, which was unexpected, but hey, I'll take it.
I'm not offended by the greeting not being extended to FOs, but I do wish we could board with Sky Priority. Then again, if I were GM, PM or DM, I'd probably resent the increased herding, so... I get it
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:10 am

From my perspective, the fewer non-essential/operational announcements, the better. I would start with having the Lead FA cease repeating every announcement that one of the pilots makes.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by melissaru
I'm not offended by the greeting not being extended to FOs, but I do wish we could board with Sky Priority. Then again, if I were GM, PM or DM, I'd probably resent the increased herding, so... I get it
Nah, FO's absolutely deserve Sky Priority. It's a travesty that paying the $95 annual fee for the DL Amex nets you almost exactly the same as flying 25K plus the $3K MQD floor now. But that's the state of affairs at DL right now, not that UA is any better.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:19 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
For the past 6 or so flights, it has usually been MMers and SkyMiles members. A couple of the flights, 'Medallions' were also thanked (via the announcement system).
There was this one flight, about a month ago, where the lead FA came around and thanked all the FC passengers personally, and welcomed each and every DMs and PMs personally! That was a wonderful touch!!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:40 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

Delta hardly acknowledging WHO?!?!?

Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Frankly, I could do without the constant thanking me for my status. I understand it's a way to be nice to the customers, but at the frequency it is happening it is losing it's value a bit. For me, once a year upon attaining status again (whatever level) is more than enough. Just keep the odd upgrade coming, as well as the choice benefits.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by State of Trance
Nah, FO's absolutely deserve Sky Priority. It's a travesty that paying the $95 annual fee for the DL Amex nets you almost exactly the same as flying 25K plus the $3K MQD floor now. But that's the state of affairs at DL right now, not that UA is any better.
Amex holder: potentially up to 450 lbs of free luggage one-way.

FO: potentially up to 630 lbs of free luggage one-way.

FO w/ Amex: potentially up to 1,260 lbs of free luggage one-way.

FOs also get priority telephone ticketing assistance over general SM members, complimentary upgrades on many low-traffic routes, Zone 1 boarding, free preferred seats at D-24 hours, and other secondary benefits.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: RR: A List Preferred. DL, UA, AA: may as well be nothing
I'm thinking Silver will be gone within a couple of years as a level in the program. In reality someone spending $3-6K with a $40Bn company isn't really making that much of an impact, and I'm speaking as a current FO. I was tempted to go for Gold, but that isn't worth a whole lot more these days. I buy the economy fare then buy up to comfort+ and the only difference to Domestic F is a narrower seat and 2 inches less legroom. That's a pretty good deal to me.

Though I've been somewhat surprised this year to get 2 upgrades, one on HNL-SLC and the other from PHX-SLC though the latter is probably due to the fact I only bought a ticket 4 hours before departure so that probably bumped me up the list a bit.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by Anudoric
Amex holder: potentially up to 450 lbs of free luggage one-way.

FO: potentially up to 630 lbs of free luggage one-way.

FO w/ Amex: potentially up to 1,260 lbs of free luggage one-way.

FOs also get priority telephone ticketing assistance over general SM members, complimentary upgrades on many low-traffic routes, Zone 1 boarding, free preferred seats at D-24 hours, and other secondary benefits.
For the typical business/solo traveler not traveling in parties of 9, the only advantages of FO over Amex is 20 lbs. in overweight luggage, a chance to be #50+ on the upgrade list, and any leftover C+/Exit seats. Since DL has apparently stopped issuing physical FO cards, it is also going to be a huge pain to receive any ST E benefits outside of the US.

If I were a FO-level FF, there doesn't seem to be any incentive to stick with DL over say AA unless I was held captive by DL's routes.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I don't think Delta can just get rid of Silver Medallion unless they want to start giving GM to million milers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.