Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

eCredit issued in foreign currency is depreciating

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

Interesting problem here. I booked two 1-ways on DL at the same time but on 2 separate tickets to maximize miles (the r/t was nearly $10k which would have hit the 75,000 mile maximum): USA-FCO and LHR-USA.

At the last minute, I had to cancel this trip. It turned out that the USA-FCO flight was fully refundable, but the LHR-USA ticket was not.

I paid for everything in USD, even the LHR-USA ticket. No conversions, just a straight USD ticket which was ticketed by my TA. I just noticed that my eCredit for the LHR-USA ticket was given back to me in British Pounds. Given the fact that the USD is increasing in value, this eCredit is losing value.

Is there any way to have them retroactively change it to the USDs paid at the time of ticketing?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
I have no idea. This is a perfect example why to use a travel agent. Call the TA and have them handle it for you. That is what they do for a living.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by keloutwest
Interesting problem here. I booked two 1-ways on DL at the same time but on 2 separate tickets to maximize miles (the r/t was nearly $10k which would have hit the 75,000 mile maximum): USA-FCO and LHR-USA.

At the last minute, I had to cancel this trip. It turned out that the USA-FCO flight was fully refundable, but the LHR-USA ticket was not.

I paid for everything in USD, even the LHR-USA ticket. No conversions, just a straight USD ticket which was ticketed by my TA. I just noticed that my eCredit for the LHR-USA ticket was given back to me in British Pounds. Given the fact that the USD is increasing in value, this eCredit is losing value.

Is there any way to have them retroactively change it to the USDs paid at the time of ticketing?
Just think, if DL didn't screw its HV DMs with the 75K RDM/ticket limit you could have booked a RT and not had this problem.

Also: The ads displayed when I clicked on this thread were for online forex trading.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
I thought LHR-USA should ticket in pounds? I've never been able to book an international originating ticket in USD.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: DL PM, GE
Originally Posted by dungeonlurker
I thought LHR-USA should ticket in pounds? I've never been able to book an international originating ticket in USD.
not if you do it over Deltas US hotline and ask for USD pricing.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
would u complain if US dollar weaken?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pbd456
would u complain if US dollar weaken?
I mean, I get the point, but I just want my refund in the currency paid, which was USD. I didn't notice that it was in pounds until a couple months later which is why I was asking for thoughts on what options I might have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.