Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Gold Amex Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Delta Gold Amex Card

I apologize if this should be in the credit card forum rather than here. About a decade ago, I had a Delta Amex card, for which I got a mileage bonus. Since then, I have not. A couple of days ago I applied for the Delta Gold Amex. It waives annual fee for first year and provides 60,000 bonus miles. The ad says if you have had one in the past, you are not eligible. The card was instantly approved, but I am wondering whether maybe I will not get the mileage bonus (in which case I endured a hard pull for nothing). Or do they not look back more than a year or two? (I know some other airline cards say the bonuses are for first time holders only, but they don't look back more than a year or two).
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Chamor
I apologize if this should be in the credit card forum rather than here. About a decade ago, I had a Delta Amex card, for which I got a mileage bonus. Since then, I have not. A couple of days ago I applied for the Delta Gold Amex. It waives annual fee for first year and provides 60,000 bonus miles. The ad says if you have had one in the past, you are not eligible. The card was instantly approved, but I am wondering whether maybe I will not get the mileage bonus (in which case I endured a hard pull for nothing). Or do they not look back more than a year or two? (I know some other airline cards say the bonuses are for first time holders only, but they don't look back more than a year or two).
I read in one of the AMEX threads that the look-back is 7 years. Although, I have also applied for a card I previously held in a timeframe much shorter than that and received a bonus the second time also (which I was totally not expecting).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.