Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Crediting to both AS Mileage Plan and DL SkyMiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting to both AS Mileage Plan and DL SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Question Crediting to both AS Mileage Plan and DL SkyMiles

I have an itinerary with multiple legs in different classes. I would like to credit some flights to Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan and others to Delta SkyMiles.

With the new revenue-based earning structure, how would I determine how many miles would be credited by Delta SkyMiles for a flight? My ticket shows a single fare for all the flights combined.

Thank you for any comments or suggestions!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:36 pm
Suspended

You can credit the outbound and return to two different programs. But I don't think it is possibly to credit consecutive flights to two different programs.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:51 am
Original Poster

My itinerary of 6 flights seems to be broken into 4 legs. (When I try to change flights on delta.com, it shows Outbound 1-4.)

Assuming I can credit the different legs to separate programs, how would I determine how many miles would accrue to Delta SkyMiles? The ticket shows a combined fare for all 4 legs.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:44 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
View the receipt on the DL app. The fare breakdown will be there to help determine the segment value.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTT
View the receipt on the DL app. The fare breakdown will be there to help determine the segment value.
I spent maybe 10 minutes in the Android Delta app clicking every possible link and could not figure out how to view the ticket. It only shows the ticket number with no fare.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Formerly UA 1P/Gold, Hilton Gold
One way to do this is to "claim" the reservation from the AS website. As was mentioned up-thread I think you can only do this in one direction or the other - I don't think you can do it for individual segments unless you have a separate PNR for your AS flights.

So to split the miles, for the AAA->BBB->CCC trip, logon to Delta.com and check in as usual.

On the way back, log on to Alaskaair.com with your Alaska credentials and then "claim" the PNR for CCC->BBB->AAA. You'll get credit on the way back on Alaska.

For Alaska-operated flights where you are receiving credit in Delta's program, you still accrue mileage based on Distance flown (and if you are DM or PM, the mileage bonus applies):

Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the information! I was hoping to figure out how many Delta SkyMiles I would earn for each leg before actually taking the flight. AlaskaAir.com does not accept my Delta confirmation number or ticket number, but I guess that is because none of the flights are with Alaska.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by TTT
Originally Posted by mrkenneth
I spent maybe 10 minutes in the Android Delta app clicking every possible link and could not figure out how to view the ticket. It only shows the ticket number with no fare.

DL eliminated this bit of customer-friendly transparency a couple months ago
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
I know this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it.

If I would like to fly Delta but credit to Alaska, how do I fly Delta and use my platinum benefits (upgrade etc,) and then credit to Alaska? At what point do I have to put in my AS number? Can I do it as soon as I'm on the plane for the final leg?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by paterwdb
I know this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it.

If I would like to fly Delta but credit to Alaska, how do I fly Delta and use my platinum benefits (upgrade etc,) and then credit to Alaska? At what point do I have to put in my AS number? Can I do it as soon as I'm on the plane for the final leg?
DL doesn't allow you to use PM benefits with an AS number. The system should take away any free upgrades and you lose out on C+, etc. Also there's been posts that DL can't change the FF account once the trip starts.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL doesn't allow you to use PM benefits with an AS number. The system should take away any free upgrades and you lose out on C+, etc. Also there's been posts that DL can't change the FF account once the trip starts.
Except posts in this thread indicate you are able to change the number mid-trip. Maybe not mid-flight, but mid-trip. What happens if I get on the flight and then log in and change the number on the itinerary, or go into AS and "claim" the flight? Will it let me do that mid-flight?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Except posts in this thread indicate you are able to change the number mid-trip. Maybe not mid-flight, but mid-trip. What happens if I get on the flight and then log in and change the number on the itinerary, or go into AS and "claim" the flight? Will it let me do that mid-flight?
You might be able to change it for any remaining flights even though as I stated there's confusion on if it's allowed. However you can't change the FF account after departure for that flight. Once the flight departs the FF is locked in. As for trying to claim via AS after you fly, that won't happen. They'll see I'm the record that you entered your DL number and deny as duplicate FF mileage request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.