Wiki Posts
Search

Best first class C,D seats on CRJ-900

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Best first class C,D seats on CRJ-900

Hello,

I have read many comments that people like the A (particularly 1A) in F on the CRJ-900, and regard it as one of the best seats in the fleet. I haven't found any comments on the C,D side though.

Do you have any row preference for that side of the plane, and why?

We are flying Delta operated by Canadair from JFK to SAT, so it's pretty long at 4 hrs 42 min.

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
4 3/4 hours in an RJ sounds terrible. Good thing you aren't in back.

On the C/D side if you're flying as a couple I'd consider them all to be more or less the same.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Aaron C
Hello,

I have read many comments that people like the A (particularly 1A) in F on the CRJ-900, and regard it as one of the best seats in the fleet. I haven't found any comments on the C,D side though.

Do you have any row preference for that side of the plane, and why?

We are flying Delta operated by Canadair from JFK to SAT, so it's pretty long at 4 hrs 42 min.

Thanks!
The seats themselves are no different (although seatguru reports misaligned windows for rows 2 and 3). Otherwise, the decision making is no different than any other aircraft and varies by person.

When I have my pick of seats in F, I use this logic:
1) Avoid Row 1
2) Aisle Seat
3) On flights with a meal, avoid being one of the last 30% to have your meal order taken
4) Solo Seat
5) Avoid the last Row
6) Closer to the front (closer to the back when using L2)

So on a CRJ-900 (assume an even flight number) that would work out with this priority: 2A, 2B, 3A, 4A, 3B, 4B, 2C, 3C, 4C, 1A, 1B, 1C. If I were traveling with a guest it would be 2B, 2C.

On a larger aircraft, say a 753 F=24 and an even flight number, it would be like this: 4B/C, 3B/C, 2B/C, 5B/C, 6B/C, 4A/D, 3A/D, 2A/D, 5A/D, 6A/D, 1 B/C, 1A/D.

Would be curious the pecking order for others.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by houserulz77
The seats themselves are no different (although seatguru reports misaligned windows for rows 2 and 3). Otherwise, the decision making is no different than any other aircraft and varies by person.

1) Avoid Row 1
2) Aisle Seat
3) On flights with a meal, avoid being one of the last 30% to have your meal order taken
4) Solo Seat
5) Avoid the last Row

So on a CRJ-900 (assume an even flight number) that would work out with this priority: 2A, 2B, 3A, 4A, 3B, 4B, 2C, 3C, 4C, 1A, 1B, 1C. If I were traveling with a guest it would be 2B, 2C.

On a larger aircraft, say a 753 F=24 and an even flight number, it would be like this: 4B/C, 3B/C, 2B/C, 5B/C, 6B/C, 4A/D, 3A/D, 2A/D, 5A/D, 6A/D, 1 B/C, 1A/D.

If alone on a CRJ 7/900 it is 1A hands down. After that I think your scheme is reasonable.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
You must be connecting, because JFK-SAT is 3:25 in the air, not 4:40.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...137Z/KJFK/KSAT

Still, a long flight on an RJ. I've always liked the last row in F if I'm on the (2) side.

Any of the A seats are good in my opinion.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)

1) Avoid Row 1
2) Aisle Seat
4) Solo Seat
5) Avoid the last Row

Interesting thoughts.

-I also avoid the bulkhead whenever possible.
-Always pick an aisle
-On the 757 I aim for the middle of the cabin. On all of my flights this year FA's have used the East/West "rules" for taking meal orders, not the flight number. In my experience it's impossible to predict what the FA's will do when taking orders. As a result I try to not be in the front or back of the cabin.
-On an RJ I always aim for the A seats.

Many of my flights over the past year have been paid F or i've used SWU's or RUC's and this is how I select seats at booking.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I've always preferred row 4, having someone recline into me bothers me less than getting my seat kicked by the person behind me.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:40 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I have to fly PHX-SEA on a CR7 next week. LoL

I always choose the last row window seat in A because you don't have a person directly behind you--and no wall blocking your recline.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the input everyone!

Interesting. This is what I see from Delta:

Edit: The image isn't showing on my screen. Guess I don't know how to add an image from flyertalk gallery correctly. Was attempting to show the flight time of 4:42. It is direct. I like your number better!

Last edited by Aaron C; Mar 17, 2015 at 11:01 am Reason: Image doesn't show
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by DCAproducer

Still, a long flight on an RJ. I've always liked the last row in F if I'm on the (2) side.

Any of the A seats are good in my opinion.
You're talking about two different things. Time in the air might be 3:25 but the padding required because of the hellhole that is JFK pushes the block time out by at least an hour.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'm a window fanatic ... due to the window alignment, imo the best outside visibility is from Row 2
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
On the CRJ-900, I like the bulkhead A seat which has tons of legroom. For two people traveling together (unless FEBO meal choice is a concern), I would pick the first row except if one needs the underseat storage space for a personal item to be within reach or if one needs to use the seat back pocket and is confident that the FA won't go crazy about the issue.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot

1) Avoid Row 1
2) Aisle Seat
4) Solo Seat
5) Avoid the last Row

4A, 1A, 2A, 3A, 4B/C, 3B/C, 2B/C, 1 B/C

A side gets priority for me. I like 4A the best. After the A side I don't really care but i'd probably lean towards the order above.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
2a or 4a.

What is the longest regional flight DL has for CR9 or E175?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
2a or 4a.

What is the longest regional flight DL has for CR9 or E175?
The MSP-PSC is sometimes a CRJ-900 but seasonally switches to a CRJ-700.

From MSP, I see the CRJ-900 to AUS, IAH, BOS, BDL, RDU, MSY, JFK, PHL, among others. I can't recall it appearing on SEA, SFO, LAX, SAN, or PHX nonstops.

I actually like these cute little planes, especially the A seats in FC. They seem much better than the A319/320s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.