Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Handling of comfort+ seats vacated by those upgraded to F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Handling of comfort+ seats vacated by those upgraded to F

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A lot of the angst over C+ seats and musical chair attempts could be avoided if DL would have FAs offer drinks and snacks to DMs and maybe more on the manifest like AA does for EXPs.
Agreed. The FAs have the manifest and know who is sitting where (surprisingly used once by a purser who came through the cabin before push-back and thanked certain passengers for our loyalty to Delta). Taking it one step further to ensure that non-upgraded elites get a slightly nicer time aloft shouldn't be that difficult.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
A lot of the angst over C+ seats and musical chair attempts could be avoided if DL would have FAs offer drinks and snacks to DMs and maybe more on the manifest like AA does for EXPs.
They are capable of that already. I saw one flight leader thank every GM+ stuck in Y for their loyalty on a flight (and there were a lot of us).

The only thing I can see is that C+ is a product that people are supposed to pay for (in theory). If they have extra seats to fill, I would rather see random middles pulled into C+ and then backfill their seats with E fares. I still prefer the exit row in some cases to C+ since I hardly drink anyway.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by heldicus
... and the snack basket...
I have yet to see this elusive snack basket on any of the three C+ flights I have had this week.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
I saw this in action today. I showed up just as the earlier flight was to start processing the waitlist. I asked to get added to the waiver list and was immediately #2 on the list. I was right there as the agent processed and gave me the DeltaOne seat I wanted.

I'm sure this is a YMMV ... but today was exactly what should happen.

Last edited by doglover; Mar 6, 2015 at 8:52 am
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:42 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
For those who have flown C+ in the past 5 days (since it begun) is the free alcohol like in FC where they ask if you would like a drink after boarding, or is it only with the normal economy beverage service?
No it's not like FC and wasn't intended to be. It's with the normal service and they did not make any announcement on the two flights I took Wednesday. If you asked for a drink you did not have to pay for it.

As I understand the snack basket is only for flights over 900 miles and since mine were around 500 all we got was the same pretzels everybody was getting. There really wasn't time for a second drink and I don't know how that will work on longer flights, but I guess I'll find out next month.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
+3

I have done this a bunch of times and they were always able to do so. To improve your odds, try to get to the gate early and ask them then, before it gets too busy.

I always start with "May I ask for a favor?".
+4. Too bad, with EF I used to know instantly when the seat was vacated. Now I have to sit there hitting refresh over and over again.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by doglover
I saw this in action today. I showed up just as the earlier flight was to start processing waivers. I asked to get added to the waiver list and was immediately #2 on the list. I was right there as the agent processed and gave me the DeltaOne seat I wanted.

I'm sure this is a YMMV ... but today was exactly what should happen.
What waivers are you talking about? Do you mean favors? Did you commit Shena with your upgrade? Since D1 was involved, this sounds international, so could you mean OPUPs?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: DL MM Plat, PC&HH Gold
What waivers are you talking about? Do you mean favors? Did you commit Shena with your upgrade? Since D1 was involved, this sounds international, so could you mean OPUPs?
what it means is I was tired and didn't triple check what the stupid phone thought I was typing

waitlist
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by doglover
what it means is I was tired and didn't triple check what the stupid phone thought I was typing

waitlist
But I still don't understand. Did you get added to the standby list or UG list? If the standby list, were you on a paid F/J ticket? If not, how were you cleared directly into a D1 seat?

Questions abound!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
But I still don't understand. Did you get added to the standby list or UG list? If the standby list, were you on a paid F/J ticket? If not, how were you cleared directly into a D1 seat?

Questions abound!
Upgrade list for D1 would mean the nonstop JFK-LAX/SFO transcons and no other flights, right?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Upgrade list for D1 would mean the nonstop JFK-LAX/SFO transcons and no other flights, right?
Well, that's what's unclear.

And doglover's profile shows him/her as only a PM, so no TCON UG eligibility and no GUCs in play. Plus, the OP seemed to indicate that he/she was not on the list upon arriving at the gate, but walked up and was placed on some sort of list.

It almost seems like this was a walk-up request for SDC. But if on paid F/J, it should have just confirmed without ever going to #2 on the list. If in coach, then possibly coach confirmed then #2 on UG list (but not a D1 TCON), or #2 on coach SB list in which case how/why the D1 seat assignment?

Also, how many more acronyms can I use in this post?
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer

TBD
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:36 pm

Well, that's what's unclear.

And doglover's profile shows him/her as only a PM, so no TCON UG eligibility and no GUCs in play. Plus, the OP seemed to indicate that he/she was not on the list upon arriving at the gate, but walked up and was placed on some sort of list.

It almost seems like this was a walk-up request for SDC. But if on paid F/J, it should have just confirmed without ever going to #2 on the list. If in coach, then possibly coach confirmed then #2 on UG list (but not a D1 TCON), or #2 on coach SB list in which case how/why the D1 seat assignment?

Could this have been a SDC from a FC ticket where no FC seat was available on the flight, so that the person was initially confirmed for a coach seat? Again, presumably for the JFK-LAX/SFO nonstop transcons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.