Wiki Posts
Search

The new Delta Comfort+

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I've noticed on the MD88/MD90/717 comfort+ usually gets serviced way earlier than first class....and if there's a meal forget about it. It's because all of the Y carts are all up front and have to be set up before FC service starts. On th MD90 with 3 Y carts to set up this takes a long time.
That is going to continue to become a more widespread problem, since the various refurbs and new equip don't have a galley in the rear, so all service comes from the F galley.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
another reason to try to avoid those looooooong skinny MadDogs if you can't get into F or C+
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Just thought I'd update with my latest experience:

MSP-SJC
#4 for zero seats on the UG list. Sitting in the bulkhead C+ seat with an empty seat next to me after the guy sitting there got a battlefield UG after boarding.

Snack basket: Two passes
Featuring:
Fig bars
Kashi granola bars
Milano cookies
Twix, Hersheys
Bananas
Usual peanuts, pretzels and cookies.

Two drink passes, as well as drinks on demand.

All-in-all, I'd say this was a pretty pleasant experience. And despite the continuing devaluation of SkyMiles, the in-flight experience keeps me flying Delta. It's just the best domestic airline in the air.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, WN A-List Preferred, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Just thought I'd update with my latest experience:

MSP-SJC
#4 for zero seats on the UG list. Sitting in the bulkhead C+ seat with an empty seat next to me after the guy sitting there got a battlefield UG after boarding.

Snack basket: Two passes
Featuring:
Fig bars
Kashi granola bars
Milano cookies
Twix, Hersheys
Bananas
Usual peanuts, pretzels and cookies.

Two drink passes, as well as drinks on demand.

All-in-all, I'd say this was a pretty pleasant experience. And despite the continuing devaluation of SkyMiles, the in-flight experience keeps me flying Delta. It's just the best domestic airline in the air.
C+ is totally hit or miss. Just flew LAS-ATL and snack basket had - no joke - pretzels, peanuts and Biscoffs and a lone banana. I asked if there were any more chips or cookies and FAs partner retrieved a bag from F and practically threw it at me.
One pass of basket.
Two offers of drinks, but FAs not in sight for any requests otherwise.
Flight re-routed to Memphis for two hours initially because of weather, but a refuel while there turned into a comedy of errors with no gas truck to be found, then a non-working nozzle.
Neither F (where husband was sitting) nor anyone in Econ received a thing until 20 minutes before we left and FA passed out some cups of water.
As a lowly FO, I upgraded at T-24 for free, but would have been furious if I had paid $89 for C+.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RDUKingFisher
Has anyone had any problems getting more than one cocktail in C+? Prior to 3/1, I would always buy 2 Woodfords on my Thursday afternoon flights. As of 3/1, I can get one Woodford, and cannot even pay for the second.

I am aware that this is a serious first world problem, and really not a big deal at all. Just wanted to check and see if anyone else is experiencing the same?
I'm on a long haul from ATL to JNB, and not only did the FA completely skip my row, she didn't come back to fix the mistake after she was informed. I figured they were busy, so I waited about 45 minutes before ringing the call bell since I'm in the window seat and didn't want to disturb my seat mates by getting up, and they canceled the call without coming by to check. Like someone else said, I hate to ding the crew for what just might be oversights in a full cabin, but I've got another 11 hours, so there doesn't seem to be any reason for the rushed service. I've had issues with getting multiple drinks in C+ in the past also. The service in C+ leaves something to be desired on a lot of flights.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Speaking of snack baskets, after my STL-LGA was canceled, and the next flight delayed, GA put out two snack baskets and water. Felt like I was in C+! When we finally departed, one drink run and no snack basket. And my seatmate asked for two rum and cokes, FA would only give him one. Now, it was short haul - under 900 miles - at 888 miles! Oy.

daloosh
Old Dec 11, 2015, 3:10 pm

When you buy an C+ seat does the total amount count towards MQD or is there some tax deducted from the stated amount? Is there any issues with buying an C+ seat then changing the seat to another seat (downgraded) to join a friend? I need a few more MQDs before the end of the year and am trying to do some calculations. Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hertz FS, Global Entry, AA, UA
Originally Posted by sahara
When you buy an C+ seat does the total amount count towards MQD or is there some tax deducted from the stated amount? Is there any issues with buying an C+ seat then changing the seat to another seat (downgraded) to join a friend? I need a few more MQDs before the end of the year and am trying to do some calculations. Thanks.
Hello! When you purchase a C+ seat, you will indeed receive MQDs for the full amount of the seat price with the exception of in airport purchases at AMS and CDG.

SkyMiles members can earn Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) for purchases of Delta Comfort+ seats when purchased through a Delta channel (featuring a electronic document number beginning with “006”). If a Delta Comfort+ seat is purchased at the airport in Amsterdam (AMS) or Paris (CDG) for a Delta operated flight, the member will not earn miles or MQDs.
If you purchase a C+ seat and try to change your seat to a regular Y seat via the seat map, you will see the following message:

Purchased seats are nonrefundable. If you confirm your seat assignment change, your previous seat purchase will not be refunded.
Furthermore, according to the terms and conditions, if you do change your paid C+ seat to a regular Y seat, you will not earn any MQDs. In my experience this is also true if you paid for a C+ seat and subsequently get upgraded.

If a customer voluntarily changes his/her flight or seat selection once purchased, a refund for the original seat purchase will not be provided and no MQDs will be awarded.
I hope this answers your questions. Below is the link (Terms & Conditions) where I found the above information.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ons.html#terms
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by melissaru
C+ is totally hit or miss. Just flew LAS-ATL and snack basket had - no joke - pretzels, peanuts and Biscoffs and a lone banana. . . .
Wonder if that's the "premium snack" available on flights longer than 900 miles?

Last flight from SLC-SNA (1.5 hr flight) in C+, no basket.
Only snack was a bag of pretzels, no peanuts or Biscoffs (same as Y).
One round of beverage service.

Since I don't eat from snack basket in F, C+ or Y, I don't recall if a snack basket has been offered on other trips. ACCDraw.2 insists Biscoffs have been offered in C+ on this leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.