The new Delta Comfort+

Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
I am booked 3/1 KOA LAX DTW in C+. Upgrades look very unlikely. Will post my C+ expereinexes. If this will be the service expectations in C+ as the OP posted I agree it will separate DL from the other domestic carriers.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:50 pm

I am booked in EC +, or whatever it is called, on a 1:05 flight this afternoon. There is never any service in Y on this flight. Any idea of whether we will be offered beverages? The FA guidelines indicated that there will be on all flights.

I will report back, in case anyone is curious.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
I thought that it would not officially start until March 1.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by playbbg
I was on this flight as well and happily surprised with the pilot. they came through the cabin for drinks twice and snacks twice. snacks were the basic F basket of bananas, Kit Kat, Milanos, some snack bars, Goldfish and Chips.
Interesting. The FC snack basket hasn't had most of the items listed above in a while. Perhaps they're bringing these back to the FC basket?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
They were also piloting Comfort + on BOS-MCO this morning.

I was in the first row of coach, so got to see everything available. The AM snackbasket had a couple bananas, the Cliff salty/sweet granola bars, peanuts, pretzels, packaged muffins, and one more option I can't recall.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
I'm not surprised about the no monitoring of bin space. Boarding with Sky will help except it leaves two problems, one is people in Sky tend to put their bags up as soon as possible, so first row of C+ will end up not having any bin space, and it doesn't allow C+ people to board late and have bin space, but we can't really complain as F pax can't really board late and expect anything short of full bins either.
Flights I've been on lately they do seem to monitor F, and will allow C+ (or Y) pax's bags there only after F boards full.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM
On Wednesday 2/25, into BNA, we had free drinks in Economy Comfort. FA happily announced to us that it started that day when she arrived with the cart, and many of us did partake. Pretzels as the snack. I did ask for a 2nd, FA agreed and said she would be right back. She didn't return until final, when she apologized and said they ran out of gin. I think there were some high maintenance passengers farther back that were taking up her time, based on a great deal of back and forth plus inventory coming back from the front.

On Friday 2/27 out of BNA we were not specifically offered free drinks in Economy Comfort, but as a "Delta Forum SkyDrunk" I asked and was given one. No indication that I could have requested a refill but I also didn't ask. Pretzels, again.

I don't particularly like that my upgrades aren't clearing like they used to, but at least the free booze takes a small amount of the edge off IMO.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:00 pm

They piloted it on DTW-SFO on Thursday, too. FA came through with the standard snack assortment and was back minutes later the FC snack basket but on a tray. Those earbuds are seriously one of the most uncomfortable things I've tried to put in my ears ever. Nothing about alcoholic drinks were mentioned, but the new seat covers do look nice.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I got stuck in EC today (4 of 67 for 0 seats) PHX-MSP. Got free headphones so when the drink cart came, I asked if we were entitled to free booze. The FA said yes so I ordered a Woodford on the rocks. She asked if I wanted a double and I said yes. That was the only drink offered but we got the snack basket twice.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Economy+ Experience Yesterday

Have C+ on MSP-SEA-LAX-KOA tomorrow. Will report back!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: DL GE
Good thing everyone likes it!

Me thinks C+ will replace domestic F... eventually... and hey, why not? lol
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Good thing everyone likes it!

Me thinks C+ will replace domestic F... eventually... and hey, why not? lol
More likely that C+ replaces free UG's to F and F service is further differentiated.

The OH space problem would be solved if number and size were strictly policed at boarding by the GA's and Y bulkheads board first (even ahead of F if boarding is through the F cabin). Doesn't interfere with F and the bulkheads don't get stuck behind the F pax settling in.

Nothing is perfect, but it ought to be possible to vastly reduce the OH problems.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by playbbg
basic F basket of bananas, Kit Kat, Milanos, some snack bars, Goldfish and Chips.
what snack basket have YOU been eating out of?!?! All I've ever seen in the snack basket in months besides the bananas are pretzels, peanuts (if you're lucky), some stealth potato chip looking things that turn out to be nasty stale chocolate (I think) flavored junk, and some disgusting Carmel and salt goo. It's pathetic.

And the bananas are usually green, frozen, or over ripe

OMG, I just read more posts - Cliff bars, granola bars, muffins?! What magic cornucopia of goodness is all this flowiing from? Certainly it can't be that virtual "nutritional food desert" Delta jokingly refers to as the First Class snack basket?

Last edited by jimrpa; Feb 28, 2015 at 11:12 am
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
More likely that C+ replaces free UG's to F and F service is further differentiated.

The OH space problem would be solved if number and size were strictly policed at boarding by the GA's and Y bulkheads board first (even ahead of F if boarding is through the F cabin). Doesn't interfere with F and the bulkheads don't get stuck behind the F pax settling in.

Nothing is perfect, but it ought to be possible to vastly reduce the OH problems.
Simpler solution: LOCK FC and C- bins. Board in the following order:
People needing assistance
Sky
Zones 1-x
Gate check bags that don't have space
Unlock C- bins
Board C-
Gate check C- bags that don't fit
Unlock F bins
Board F
Note: on planes boarding from 2L, board FC/Business BEFORE everyone else.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
I am booked in EC +, or whatever it is called, on a 1:05 flight this afternoon. There is never any service in Y on this flight. Any idea of whether we will be offered beverages? The FA guidelines indicated that there will be on all flights.

I will report back, in case anyone is curious.
No beverage service was offered, but the lead FA did state that while there would be no service in Y, she also did add something along the lines that the FA's would try to accommodate individual beverage requests. There were no takers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.